Start the Wave: A Resto Pre-raid gear guide.

A quick note: iLVL 450 is what is considered "Superior" quality gear in MoP, for simplicity's sake, I will not include any items below a 450 iLVL.

Head:
  • Nightwatcher's Helm - Sold for 2,250 Valor, requires Revered with Shado-pan
  • Energized Retinal Armor - Crafted, Engineers ONLY
  • Waterburst Helm - Dropped by Wise Mari - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Helm of Elemental Binding - World BoE drop
  • Neck:
  • Mending Necklace of the Golden Lotus - Quest reward, Requires Exalted with The Golden Lotus
  • Links of the Lucid - Sold for 1,250 Valor, Requires Revered with The Klaxxi
  • Dorian's Necklace of Burgeoning Dreams - World BoE
  • Mindcapture Pendant - Dropped by Xin the Weaponmaster - Mogu'shan Palace
  • Necklace of Disorientation - Dropped by Sha of Violence - Shado-Pan Monastery
  • Temperature-Sensing Necklace - Dropped by Flameweaver Koegler - Scarlet Halls
  • Mindbreaker Pendant - Dropped by Sha of Doubt - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Mindcapture Pendant - Dropped by Xin the Weaponmaster - Mogu'shan Palace
  • Pendant of Endless Inquisition - Sold for 1,250 Justice, Golden Lotus Quartermaster
  • Tiger Opal Pendant - Crafted, JC
  • Skymage Circle - Crafted, JC
  • Shoulders:
  • Mindbender Shoulders - Sold for 1,750 Valor, requires Revered with Golden Lotus
  • Neverdare Shoulders - Dropped by Sha of Doubt - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Withered Wood Spaulder - Quest reward: The Mariner's Revenge, Dread Wastes
  • Back:
  • Cloak of Hidden Flasks - Dropped by Hoptallus - Stormstout Brewery
  • Cloak of Cleansing Flame - Dropped by Gekkan - Mogu'shan Palace
  • Cape of Entanglement - Dropped by Liu Flameheart - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Pressed Flower Cloak - Sold for 1,250 Justice, August Celestials Quartermaster
  • Cloak of Cleansing Flame - Dropped by REGULAR Gekkan - REGULAR Mogu'shan Palace
  • Chest:
  • Robes of the Setting Sun - Sold for 2,250 Valor, requires Revered with Golden Lotus
  • Lifekeeper's Robe - Crafted by Leatherworkers.
  • Shivbreaker Vest - Dropped by Lilian Voss - Scholomance
  • Crackling Chain of the Golden Lotus - Quest reward, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms, Requires Revered with Golden Lotus
  • Uncasked Chestguard - Dropped by Yan-Zhu the Uncasked - Stormstout Brewery
  • Mountain Stream Ringmail - Sold for 2,250 Justice, August Celestials Quartmaster
  • Wrists:
  • Brewmaster Chani's Bracers - Sold for 1,250 Justice, Requires Revered with The August Celestials
  • Shadow Puppet Bracers - Dropped by Instructor Chillheart - Scholomance
  • Runoff Wristguards - Sold for 1,250 Justice, The Klaxxi Quartermaster
  • Hands:
  • Ravenmane's Gloves - Sold for 1,750 Valor, Requires Revered with The August Celestials
  • Lifekeeper's Gloves - Crafted by Leatherworkers
  • Gloves of Explosive Pain - Dropped by Darkmaster Gandling - Scholomance
  • Hexxer's Lethargic Gloves - Dropped by Gekkan - Mogu'shan Palace
  • Gloves of Forgotten Wisdom - Sold for 1,750 Justice, Shado-Pan Quartermaster
  • Hexxer's Lethargic Gloves - Dropped by REGULAR Gekkan - REGULAR Mogu'shan Palace
  • Waist:
  • Klaxxi Lash of the Precursor - Sold for 1,750 Valor, Requires Revered with The Klaxxi
  • Sunheart Waistband - Dropped by Lorewalker Stonestep - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Belt of Totemic Binding - Dropped by Wing Leader Ner'onok - Siege of Niuzao Temple
  • Withered Wood Waistguard - Quest reward: Overthrone, Dread Wastes
  • Legs:
  • Swarmkeeper's Leggings - Sold for 2,250 Valor, Requires Revered with The Klaxxi
  • Kilt of Pandaren Promises - World drop BoE
  • Bradbury's Entropic Legguards - Dropped by Flameweaver Koegler - Scarlet Halls
  • Leggings of the Charging Soul - Dropped by Gu Cloudstrike - Shado-Pan Monastery
  • Snowpack Waders - Sold for 2,250 Justice, Golden Lotus Quartermaster
  • Feet:
  • Sandals of the Elder Sage - Sold for 1,750 Valor, Requires Revered with The August Celestials
  • Treads of Edward the Odd - World BoE
  • Airbender Sandals - Dropped by Wing Leader Ner'onok - Siege of Niuzao Temple
  • Blastwalker Footguards - Dropped by Taran Zhu - Shado-Pan Monastery
  • Withered Wood Sabatons - Quest Reward: Fires and Fears of Old, Dread Wastes
  • Rings:
  • Leven's Circle of Hope - Sold for 1,250 Justice, Requires Revered with the Golden Lotus
  • Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman - Very rare (and I do mean VERY) drop from Flameweaver Koegler - The Scarlet Halls
  • Alemental Seal - Dropped by Yan-Zhu the Uncasked - Stormstout Brewery
  • Beastbinder Ring - Dropped by Houndmaster Braun - Scarlet Halls
  • Ring of Malice - Dropped by Taran Zhu - Shado-Pan Monastery
  • Triune Signet - Dropped by Commander Durand - Scarlet Monastery
  • Viscous Ring - Dropped by Commander Ri'mok - Gate of the Setting Sun
  • Anaxo's Multi-Layered Seal - World BoE drop
  • Band of Blood - Crafted
  • Sorcerer-King's Seal - Sold for 1,250 Justice, Shado-Pan Quartermaster
  • Trinkets:
  • Blossom of Pure Snow - Sold for 1,750 Valor, Requires Revered with The Shado-Pan
  • Scroll of Revered Ancestors - Sold for 1,750 Valor, Requires Revered with The Shado-Pan
  • Relic of Chi Ji - Crane Deck
  • Empty Fruit Barrel - Dropped by Ook-Ook - Stormstout Brewery
  • Price of Progress - Dropped by Darkmaster Gandling - Scholomance
  • Vial of Ichorous Blood - Dropped by General Pa'valak - Siege of Niuzao Temple
  • Ghost Iron Dragonling - Crafted by Engineers, With gems also crafted by Engineers
  • Zen Alchemist Stone - Crafted, Alchemists ONLY
  • Off-hand: (quick note: Yes, shields are better, but some OH are still pretty good)
  • Masterwork Lightsteel Shield - Crafted by a Blacksmith, from a pattern sold for one Spirit of Harmony: Plans: Masterwork Lighsteel Shield
  • Metanoia Shield - Dropped by Jandice Barov - Scholomance
  • Shield of the Protectorate - Dropped by Raigonn - Gate of the Setting Sun
  • Bottle of Potent Potables - Dropped by Hoptallus - Stormstout Brewery
  • Umbrella of Chi-Ji - Archaeology reward
  • Turpster's Sonorous Shield - World BoE
  • Record of Mysterious Deeds - World BoE
  • Main Hand:
  • Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpent - Very rare (and I do mean VERY) drop from Sha of Doubt - Temple of the Jade Serpent
  • Carapace Breaker - Dropped by Raigonn - Gate of the Setting Sun
  • Masterwork Forgewire Axe - Crafted by a Blacksmith, from a pattern sold for one Spirit of Harmony: Plans: Masterwork Forgewire Axe
  • Amber Spine of Klaxxi'vess- Sold for ~150 Gold, requires Exalted with The Klaxxi
  • Firescribe Dagger - Dropped by Xin the Weaponmaster - Mogu'shan Palace
  • Melted Hypnotic Blade - Dropped by Flameweaver Koegler - Scarlet Halls
  • Jol'Grum's Frozen Mace - Quest reward: The Arena of Annihilation, Kun-Lai Summit
  • Firescribe Dagger- Dropped by REGULAR Xin the Weaponmaster - REGULAR Mogu'shan Palace
  • Edited by Gijira on 10/4/2012 10:12 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Did I miss anything?
    Anyone got a suggestion?
    Post it here, or email me at
    GijoraGuides@gmail.com
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Maybe the healing trinket from brewfest
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Shaman
    But that only for 2 weeks or so. This is a good guide and thank you for your hard work.,Gijira.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Shaman
    While the Ghost Iron Dragonling is made by engineers, it is not "Engineers ONLY."
    <--- has one equipped as a non-engineer :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    bump: been using this a quick guide for the past day
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Shaman
    BUMP. Need Sticky!!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    09/28/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Retrosia
    Maybe the healing trinket from brewfest

A decent one if you manage to get it, but it won't be available for too long. This will cover stuff you should be able to get forever minus anything earned by either Galleon or Sha of Anger (like my current helm).
    Reply Quote
    88 Dwarf Shaman
    Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpent From Heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent
    and
    Thousand-Year Pickled Egg From Direbrew.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Ghost Iron Dragonling - Crafted, Engineers ONLY

This isn't engineer only. Anyone can use it, but only engineers can craft the cogwheels (BoE) to put into the sockets.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    I want that mace. I WANT IT NOW. >:(
    Reply Quote
    09/29/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Leilanahi
    While the Ghost Iron Dragonling is made by engineers, it is not "Engineers ONLY."

Indeed! Good catch.

Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpent From Heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent
    and
    Thousand-Year Pickled Egg From Direbrew.

I'm not going to put the Pickled egg on here, simply because it's only going to be around for a few more days. Added the Mace.
    Edited by Gijira on 10/2/2012 8:26 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Shaman
    This was an amazing guide and has rounded out my shopping list. Thank you so much for the time. ALSO, if you could use some of your awesome guide making ability to actually MAKE that !@#$ drop haha.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    So, Engineers can make the cogwheels for the Dragonling but anyone can use them to put into the Dragonling and get the bonuses? I thought they were Engineer specific much like how Jewelcrafters only get Serpent's Eye.
    Reply Quote
    Added a whole bunch of epics I missed the first time through. Even MOAR to follow.

10/02/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Pharaa
    So, Engineers can make the cogwheels for the Dragonling but anyone can use them to put into the Dragonling and get the bonuses?

Correct. An engineer makes the trinket and the Cogwheels, and anyone can put the Cogwheels into their own trinket.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Hmmm, interesting. I may take a look at the cogwheels then and see what they cost, if the trinket is still worth it or not (at least for perhaps the Enhance set I'm building, I'm good for Resto).
    Reply Quote
    Updated!

Please note: All the Justice gear no longer requires a certain reputation with a particular faction, just track down their quartermaster. Also, all that JP gear is now ilvl 458 (up from 450), but that change IS NOT reflected on the site yet.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Don't forget the gear from Salyis's Warband out in Valley of the Four Winds. There's plenty of gear to be had from him and the Sha of Anger, as my gear shows from Sha ;)
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Think you'll throw in the BIS enchants for each of those in your guide?
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    For off-hands, you could also add Inscribed Red Fan, epic BoE created through Inscription (very cheaply, I might add, so keep that in mind if looking to buy it). The only thing which drives the price up is the fact that it takes 5 Scrolls, which could otherwise be used for cards.

Also, for those who have Inscription themselves, Inscribed Crane Staff, epic BoA staff (takes 20 days of research and a bunch of SoHs). Probably a good choice if you have a priest/druid/monk on the side, since you won't have to farm them starter weapons.

PS: The Dragonling trinket with 3 cogwheels included takes 20 ghost iron bars to make (2 stacks of ore), for those wondering. Very accessible, considering the stat boost.
    Edited by Iriaal on 10/4/2012 5:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]