About quest rewards

90 Human Priest
So, I was told by my guildies (and have read in forums as well) that quest rewards change depending in your current spec. Does anyone know if this also applies to priests or not?

I switched my spec from shadow to holy several times and didn't see a difference in the rewards. I know that both specs can basically use the same gear, but I was expecting to see more spirit gear when in holy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I seemed to get an option between spirit and non-spirit rewards from many quests. Because the gear is so similar for each spec we may not be affected like a shaman or druid would be.
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Warrior
My tanking friends say they are running into this. I don't seem to be.

I suspect part of the issue is before when you might have agi-leather, dps-cloth, int-mail, tank-plate, maybe int- and agi-mail too, you only see what you can "use". I.e. a plate user is only going to see the tank plate. The shaman is going to see both mails to choose from.

Either that, or the filter is broke.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Since shadow priests convert Spirit to Hit at a one-to-one ratio (and the stats are budgeted in equal amounts overall across gear), the only thing you'll notice by spec-changing is that you won't see any gear with pure Hit if you change to Discipline or Holy. I think I saw this happen a grand total of once in Jade Forest. It's a convenient part of being a class that can basically gear once for all three specs, even though we fill two roles.

Given the option while questing, you should probably just take the Spirit gear anyway since it also gives you mana regeneration (although in a group context I suggest passing the Spirit gear to healers, since they can't make up for it with Hit).
Edited by Minzan on 9/28/2012 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Since shadow priests convert Spirit to Hit at a one-to-one ratio (and the stats are budgeted in equal amounts overall across gear), the only thing you'll notice by spec-changing is that you won't see any gear with pure Hit if you change to Discipline or Holy. I think I saw this happen a grand total of once in Jade Forest. It's a convenient part of being a class that can basically gear once for all three specs, even though we fill two roles.

Given the option while questing, you should probably just take the Spirit gear anyway since it also gives you mana regeneration (although in a group context I suggest passing the Spirit gear to healers, since they can't make up for it with Hit).

Thanks for the clarification. I am actually a healer and only go shadow when questing, which is why I was so curious about it. I wanted to make sure I was not missing any spirit gear =), since I am not a big fan of having to switch specs every time I turn in a quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]