90 Human Death Knight
Hello.

My friend and I decided to do the Dungeon 'Magisters Terrace' again today for the chance of the mount and pet. Usually, we got reputation because of our Tabards we wore, but this time, we didn't get any reputation. I was wearing the Tushui Tabard, I don't know which Tabard he was wearing, I am not even certain if he was even wearing a Tabard but I think it was the Tushui Tabard as well.

Does anyone know why? Is it normal, or a glitch?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Have you gotten rep for Tushui Pandaren before with the tabard in that dungeon?

If yes, then likely it either glitched (one time event, not likely to happen again)

OR

If you haven't tried that tabard in that dungeon before, it could also be bugged due to an oversight by the dev team (or you just experienced the glitch on your first time trying it).
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Have you gotten rep for Tushui Pandaren before with the tabard in that dungeon?

If yes, then likely it either glitched (one time event, not likely to happen again)

OR

If you haven't tried that tabard in that dungeon before, it could also be bugged due to an oversight by the dev team (or you just experienced the glitch on your first time trying it).

It must be the first explanation because I have been in another Dungeons wearing the Tushui Tabard and have received reputation for it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Âzzarth
It must be the first explanation because I have been in another Dungeons wearing the Tushui Tabard and have received reputation for it.

Not necessarily, it depends on the dungeons. See the BC dungeons didn't originally work with tabards. At that time tabards were a way to show off what reputations you had maxed out, NOT for earning rep with those reputations like they are now. Instead each dungeon had an associated faction, and grinding that dungeon & doing dailies for that faction was how you got your rep up. With the new tabard system that was introduced in Cataclysm, the developers had to add each tabard to each BC dungeon's possible reputation list, since each dungeon was originally tied to just one faction's reputation by default. It could be that the developers forgot to tack on the new Tushi tabard to that one dungeon.
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/29/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Avanna

Not necessarily, it depends on the dungeons. See the BC dungeons didn't originally work with tabards. At that time tabards were a way to show off what reputations you had maxed out, NOT for earning rep with those reputations like they are now. Instead each dungeon had an associated faction, and grinding that dungeon & doing dailies for that faction was how you got your rep up. With the new tabard system that was introduced in Cataclysm, the developers had to add each tabard to each BC dungeon's possible reputation list, since each dungeon was originally tied to just one faction's reputation by default. It could be that the developers forgot to tack on the new Tushi tabard to that one dungeon.

I think your right because I think that is the first time I used the Tushui Tabard in that Dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Âzzarth
I think your right because I think that is the first time I used the Tushui Tabard in that Dungeon.

Try that dungeon again with the Tushi Tabard on and see what happens. You may also have just glitched it, only way to tell is if you get the same behavior every time. If you do get the same behavior every time, then it's a bug or oversight, if you don't then it's a glitch (still needs to be fixed, but is more problematic for Blizz to solve).
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Try that dungeon again with the Tushi Tabard on and see what happens. You may also have just glitched it, only way to tell is if you get the same behavior every time. If you do get the same behavior every time, then it's a bug or oversight, if you don't then it's a glitch (still needs to be fixed, but is more problematic for Blizz to solve).

I will tomorrow, because it was a Heroic Dungeon. (Don't know if that would make a difference, would it?)

By the way, I can't remember, what's the difference between an exploit and just a one time glitch? I always think I am going to be punished because a glitch occurs or someone, (a friend or not) who I am watching exploits a glitch and I don't report it.

I have never reported anyone. Do you think that is bad? Could I be punished for not reporting something that should be reported? I know I am getting a bit off track but I would like to know.
Edited by Âzzarth on 9/29/2012 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Âzzarth
By the way, I can't remember, what's the difference between an exploit and just a one time glitch? I always think I am going to be punished because a glitch occurs or someone, (a friend or not) who I am watching exploits a glitch and I don't report it.

There's a difference between random glitches you have no control over (or don't know you had control over and stumbled upon accidentally), and glitches you intentionally cause to happen through a series of specific actions that trick the system into giving you some advantage that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

The first one, don't worry about, it's just the game hiccuping every once in a while. You should still let Blizzard know though if you encounter one, not so they can punish someone, but so they can fix it.

The second one, yeah, that's bad for them to do it, and you should report people for doing such things if you know that's what they were doing, including describing the glitch as best you can so Blizzard can resolve it. BUT I don't think Blizzard can action you if you fail to report something someone else did, at least I've never heard of them taking action against people for being bystanders.
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 5:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I will tomorrow, because it was a Heroic Dungeon. (Don't know if that would make a difference, would it?)

We're still not clear on which dungeons give which rep, sometimes it'll be Tushi, sometimes just generic Alliance rep. And I haven't run the BC Heroics with a faction tabard in several months, so I don't remember if they'll give full rep amounts while Normal only gives reduced amounts, or what (and something could have changed with MoP as well).

what's the difference between an exploit and just a one time glitch?

One time glitch: "Holy cow, killing this mob gives 1 million EXP, I'll report it and move on."

Exploit: "Sweet, killing this mob gives 1 million EXP. I'll be 90 in no time."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Drewb
Exploit: "Sweet, killing this mob gives 1 million EXP. I'll be 90 in no time."

and to add to that comment with the recent World Firsts fiasco "ooh, and it instantly respawns too! I know it's not supposed to do that, but anyway, kill, kill, kill, kill . . . Ding 90! Huh, Blizz took away my levels?!?
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Magister's Terrace is a Burning Crusade dungeon. Tabards only work in level appropriate dungeons, so your Tushui tabard will only work with Pandaria dungeon. Similarly, the Ramkahen tabard only works in Cata dungeons, the Kirin Tor tabard only works in Northrend dungeons, etc.

The only exceptions are the capital city tabards, which grant rep regardless of the dungeon's level.
Edited by Ruhig on 9/29/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Magister's Terrace is a Burning Crusade dungeon. Tabards only work in level appropriate dungeons, so your Tushui tabard will only work with Pandaria dungeon. Similarly, the Ramkahen tabard only works in Cata dungeons, the Kirin Tor tabard only works in Northrend dungeons, etc.

The only exceptions are the capital city tabards, which grant rep regardless of the dungeon's level.

I get reputation for Tushui in the WOTLK Dungeons while wearing the Tushui Tabard...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

The Tushi tabard IS a capitol city tabard, just like Darnassus, Exodar, Ironforge, Stormwind, etc, Tushi is the Alliance Panda faction.
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]