fastest way to level 85-90?

(Locked)

im a notoriously slow leveler and im about 3 bars from 87. what is the fastest way to level to 90 at the moment? ive heard a few ways such as quest grinding, dungeon grinding, etc. ive also heard that AVs give 5-7% a level per win, so would it be best to queue AV and quest in the meantime until the queue pops? also, i am not sure but i heard that most of the realm firsts simply mob grinded. if this is true, does anyone know some good places? either solo or to kill as a group (have a lvl 86 friend who would want t do this is well, so would it be better to solo mob grind, or to team oup and either kill them faster, or get higher level kills?)

if anyone has any input, it would be appreciated.
From what I've heard (and experienced) dungeons is faster than questing. Dunno about bgs, haven't run any pre-cata yet
90 Tauren Warrior
I believe the AV thing was only during its CTA, and also because the npc health pools hadn't been bumped up yet, resulting in quicker wins by just zerging them.

I wouldn't worry aboiut it too much. I'm not quite half way to 89, (hope to hit 89 this weekend). You won't 'lose' the game if you don't ding 90 in the first 7 days.

I'm just solo questing, and taking an occasional LFD along the way. I haven't done any of the dungeons more than 2 times. the questing, while kind of long, are indeed fun.

The Yak Wash comes to mind. That was awesome.
90 Troll Druid
Personally I've been doing a combination of everything. I queue for a dungeon while I am questing and when I'm tired of that I'll do a battleground or two. When I'm just focusing on battlegrounds I make sure to be in an area where I can gain rested XP. Questing is going to give you the most XP, and doing a dungeon for the first time when it has quests will give you tons. At least need to do each dungeon once to do the quests. But I sometimes do a dungeon a few times just to break up the questing.

And as for the mob grinding, the mob that people were grinding is gone now and doing so is considered an exploit and many of them were sent back to level 85 :P
90 Human Rogue
i've been leveling just fine by focusing on questing. plus the gold i've made from it is nice.
09/29/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Moodiculous
'lose' the game if you don't ding 90 in the first 7 days.

sure, but you DO lose the opportunity to kill direbrew if i keep up this rate of leveling.
90 Troll Druid
09/29/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Sikrath
'lose' the game if you don't ding 90 in the first 7 days.

sure, but you DO lose the opportunity to kill direbrew if i keep up this rate of leveling.

The event is for 2 weeks, doesn't take that long to level and you only have to be 89 for it.
2 Blood Elf Warlock
for a lvl 85 and up im lvling in in pandria and it made me go up at least 3 lvls since started and that was like 3 weeks ago ive also been running dungeons
90 Undead Warrior
So far from 85 on I've been able to gain a level for about every six hours of solid quest grinding. That's with no heirloom but with being in a lvl 25 guild. Dungeon grinding seems considerably slower, but maybe that's just me.
90 Troll Priest
Stop bumping ancient threads, jackass.
90 Night Elf Druid
N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-neeeeccrrooooo bbaattmmaaaann!
90 Draenei Paladin
09/29/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Sikrath
ive heard a few ways such as quest grinding,

is the fastest from 84 to 90

dungeon grinding,

is fastest from 15 to 84

simply mob grinded.

that was hotfixed about a week after release, and I remember a big stink about a few realm firsts people getting reset to level 87 because of this

[Thread locked for Necromancy]
Edited by Jurannok on 2/21/2013 1:53 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]