Ideas for improving the lvl 90 talents.

90 Human Mage
I've been playing with all three of the lvl 90 talents quite a bit, and I've come up with three ideas for improving them. I'd like to know what you think, and of course, to hear your own ideas.

Let's start with Invocation. So far, this has been my favorite of the the talents, for using heroics. I guess I don't mind the channeling as much as other people, and I enjoy the freedom to move around during the 40 seconds the buff is up. That being said, I think 6 seconds is a bit long to be channeling evocation, when we have to do it so often. If part of the talent was that it reduced the channel time of Evocation down to 3 seconds, it would probably feel more like we were just casting any other spell, instead of interrupting our damage to maintain a buff.

I like RoP almost as much as Invocation. Personally, being tied to the rune doesn't bother me nearly as much as having to recast on whatever location I move to. Making it instant cast would go a long way to making it more user friendly, without scrapping the restrictions to our movement. Additionally, I think using RoP should simply cast the ruin wherever you are standing, rather than make you place it with the cursor. I think it would just make the ability feel more fluid.

Finally, Incanter's ward. It's a great spell for PvP, but a real headache for PvE. Few if any people want to expose themselves to damage to gain a buff. Personally, I think that the passive spell power effect should be buffed(maybe to 10-12%), while the bonus from absorbing damage with the shield should be reduced by a proportional amount Now it wouldn't feel so much like you need to expose yourself to damage to get your buff, but rather that you have an ability which grants you extra damage when you use it to absorb damage.

This is just my opinion. I'm not as fervently opposed to the talents as others, but I don't feel as if they have added much to the class that is beneficial. I think making them feel less like chores and more like spells would be helpful.
Edited by Loismein on 9/29/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Warrior
heres how to fix 90 talents:

make a talent like avatar for 90
and make two other ones nobody will take ever

everybody is happy
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Making it instant cast would go a long way to making it more user friendly, without scrapping the restrictions to our movement. Additionally, I think using RoP should simply cast the ruin wherever to are standing, rather than make you place it with the cursor. I think it would just make the ability feel more fluid.

That. That has been my exact thought since getting the talent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

make a talent like avatar for 90
and make two other ones nobody will take ever

everybody is happy

What was the point of this post?
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Warrior
09/29/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Loismein

I've been playing with all three of the lvl 90 talents quite a bit, and I've come up with three ideas for improving them. I'd like to know what you think, and of course, to hear your own ideas.

09/29/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Cellphones

what am I missing
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/29/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Cellphones

09/29/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Cellphones

what am I missing

Your post came across as sarcastic.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Warrior
09/29/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Loismein

what am I missing

Your post came across as sarcastic.

there is nothing sarcastic about avatar young grasshoppa
Reply Quote
Am I the only here who doesn't hate the level 90 talents?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
bcuz ur not level 90 lmao
Reply Quote
I played beta. and messed around with the talents all ready.

Invocation is intersting I doubt I'd take itt though.
Rune of power seems fun and another "skill cap" spice to our rotation of Cooldowns and management. Simlair to a rogue keeping up SnD or a ret keeping up Inquestion. I know its hard to manage another CD and a dot and hit the shiny proc buttons.

and IW is delioucs can't see how you wouldn't like it. Its nice to have more burst CDs just imagine poping your IW and than doing your typical globaling with frost spec yah yah yum

Clearly though they arn't the best 90 talents but who cares. Guess I just like new stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
09/29/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Pyrokinz
Simlair to a rogue keeping up SnD or a ret keeping up Inquestion. I know its hard to manage another CD and a dot and hit the shiny proc buttons.

SnD and Inquisition are buffs. RoP is a thing that forces you to stand still, has a cast time, and is just annoying as all hell.

Comparing RoP to those is like saying it hurts to punch wood (SnD/Inquisition) as much as it hurts to punch STEEL (RoP). Steel will obviously hurt you a lot worse.
Reply Quote
On fights like Ultraxion theres no difference and if your having mobility issues with this and being able to use most of its benfit than you are doing it wrong.
There are a few fights in T14 that are extremly high movement so I know this is crazy but try taking a different talent. Maybe IW. for a fight like that.

However the only fight I can honestly think of taking not RoP in DS is maybe heroic zonozz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
the 90 talents are horrible
you can stand in a circle no boss fight lets u just stand in 1 spot ...
evocate every 40 secs if u dont get distracted of left behind wile you group wildly dps's forward
or stand in fire for a buff and have your healer get pissed they see u in the fire ...
the 100% suck!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
On fights like Ultraxion theres no difference and if your having mobility issues with this and being able to use most of its benfit than you are doing it wrong.
There are a few fights in T14 that are extremly high movement so I know this is crazy but try taking a different talent. Maybe IW. for a fight like that.

However the only fight I can honestly think of taking not RoP in DS is maybe heroic zonozz.
If you taking IW for any raid fight you're gimping your DPS. No one is going to take IW unless you want below average DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/29/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Knucklebone
the 90 talents are horrible

Not sure if troll or if srs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
invo is +25% dmg across the boarder at the cost of standing still for 4.3 - 5sec (atm in blues depending on gear) less w/ haste procs (windsong/icy veins) or lust (obviously doing at end of duration) for 40sec which is really OP. I dont see what the issue is, /cast frost bomb /cast evo, bomb ends as you finish evo = +25% more dmg and instant FFB for 130k+.

Edit: This is for pve
Edited by Flamestorm on 9/29/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you taking IW for any raid fight you're gimping your DPS. No one is going to take IW unless you want below average DPS.

IW is the best talent. Assuming you can pop it on cool down.

This is coming from Lihveras numbers. So..
The only reason iw was made the best was because you need to be smart to be able to use it to full potential.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/30/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Pyrokinz

IW is the best talent. Assuming you can pop it on cool down.

This is coming from Lihveras numbers. So..
The only reason iw was made the best was because you need to be smart to be able to use it to full potential.

The difference is in the lengths you have to go to get IW to pop, versus invocation or RoP. If you're popping it only on unavoidable mechanics, it's not going to give you the same returns. The majority of people aren't going to like the idea of going out of their way to take damage to get a buff. It's an aggravating mechanic.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
I always wanted to see that spell that can be Spellstolen from those mobs in BRC that increases Spell power and Casting speed by 30%. Replace Invocation with it kinda perhaps maybe...

RoP can be something mages can apply to a weapon like the old warlock spellstone. It's a "rune" after all... It can also make our weapons glow for a small fun factor.

The other whatcha-mi-call-it looks OK for PvP (I don't really PvP anymore so I rather not comment, but you tend to take damage in it so...), maybe buff it to absorb more... Or just make it a passive thing - when you take damage, it gets converted to spell power (or even crit %) based on your Health..or something. So like - I eat a Mortal strike that chops off 15% of my health, now I get 15% more spell power (or 15% more crit) for 10 seconds.
Edited by Hixson on 10/1/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]