MM dead for PvE?

100 Human Hunter
So is MM essentially dead as a viable pve spec atm? I would be a sad panda (werewolf) if that is the case, MM has always been my favorite spec.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
For all intents and purposes... all hunter specs are dead atm... but I know that feel.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yup MM was my favorite spec too, and its done.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
From what I'm hearing, yes. Survival is lacking so far as well, and bm seems meh on damage..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I am happy with this, far too many years forced to play MM. Though the state of the other two (Outside of PvP) is equally lacking atm.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/30/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Talva
I am happy with this, far too many years forced to play MM. Though the state of the other two (Outside of PvP) is equally lacking atm.

Thank you for sharing, You know what I would be happy with? You keeping your mouth shut when we are discussing hunter problems.
Edited by Lash on 9/30/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Thank you for sharing, You know what I would be happy with? You keeping your mouth shut when we are discussing hunter problems.

!@#$, thats not even constructive criticism. Either take a chill pill or don't post.

On topic:

I'm really surprised blizzard has kept MM like it is. Blizzard says we are fine since we lose little to no dps on movement fights so where averaging middle of the pack.

My question is: Is it okay to call us middle of the pack when every other class is being gimped because of movement?

I understand blizzard had several other classes to balance but all 3 hunter specs are a mess, MM has it the worst, but Bm has got to be the clunkiest spec in the game. Not to mention the amount of keybinds we need now. Blizzard is going to have to do something, with buffs being easier to obtain in a 10 man, and the added utility from other classes, whats the point of bringing a hunter for average dps?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
right now all specs are doing low dps overall. im especially not too happy with the low dps as Surv. been surv since, well forever. found it a little easier to lvl as MM at the moment though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I was out dpsing level 90s when i was 87 with both MM and BM, not sure what you guys are talking about
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/30/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rageling
I was out dpsing level 90s when i was 87 with both MM and BM, not sure what you guys are talking about

Really? Because i can barely out DPS tanks with their crazy vengeance dps at 90 in heroics, and I'm not alone. I can burst up to 60-70k then promptly plummet to 30k, maybe close to 40 if im lucky. So whatever your secret is please share.
Reply Quote
99 Orc Hunter
Survival doesn't seem that bad to me compared to BM if not sometimes pulling ahead through out the fight, unless im just that much better at BM than survival. Who knows
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Monk
09/30/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Mungadai
I can burst up to 60-70k then promptly plummet to 30k

This. This. This right here.
Reply Quote
Correct me if I am wrong but.
Hasn't MM always been a vary gear dependent spec? Last i recall MM always sucks at the beginning of an x-pac until gear lvls pick up and our stats start to even out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/30/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Talva
am happy with this, far too many years forced to play MM.

Eh? Half of 2 expansions is "Far too many years"?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
09/30/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Stalkings
am happy with this, far too many years forced to play MM.

Guess you forgot about classic.

And if anything all of are specs being so low is a good thing, for once we are not pigeon holed in one go to spec and we only have room to get better.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I like MM for doing dungeons as it rules for spamming multi shot and getting through trash packs faster. Then I'll switch to BM for the bosses if I feel so inclined.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/30/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Talva

Guess you forgot about classic.

And if anything all of are specs being so low is a good thing, for once we are not pigeon holed in one go to spec and we only have room to get better.

Vanilla wouldn't be an "expansion" would it?
Reply Quote
I've been trying BM and MM leveling up thru Pandaria and it seems to me that MM is taking stuff down almost twice as fast as BM. Maybe it's something I'm not doing right but MM seems easier to play for more damage output...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]