Three of the same pet teams?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I doubt it, but is anyone running a team with three of the same pets that is actually working out? Are there any pets out there where three of them could actually could make a good team?

I'm just asking out of curiosity. I don't have any plans to actually use a three of one pet team. Seems like it wouldn't be very balanced. But, just for fun, I have been using a three Squashling team just because of my name. It's not for any serious battling. I think the highest level on is 4.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has a serious team that's doing well with three of the same pet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's akin to building a Rock Paper Scissors team with just Scissors.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/30/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Treeborn

Only depending on which pet you would choose. The Nether Rays for example have 6 different damaging abilities from 6 differen schools to choose from, so 3 of them could exploit most of the weaknesses out there. I've seriously considered using 2 of them before, I think it's very feasible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
No Humanoid attack, most dragons have at least one magic attack = dead team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I wanted to try a three magical crawdad strategy with cross-wishing, but with so many things to do and try it will probably be a year before I get around to levelling them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Most dragons actually do not, but for the ones that do, yeah, you'd probably lose. Or maybe not, if the rest of the oppnent's team was weak to your attacks and had no magic attacks. It all depends.

Of course I'd never argue that it's the greatest composition and has no weaknesses... it's a team of 3 of the same pet! I'm just saying that if I HAD to play with 3 of the same pet, it would probably be nether rays, and I bet it would win 50% of the time. Also, I don't feel like I see a ton of magic attacks. Anyways, if anyone can think of a better pet I'd be curious to hear what it is!
Reply Quote
41 Pandaren Monk
3 undead is working out surprisingly well for me. Many of my losses have been to mistakes I made or skills randomly not activating. I could see a 3 mechanical team absolutely wrecking everything as well. Both undead and mechanical type abilities are godly, automatically resurrecting once after death has won me the fight more times than I can count.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/30/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Paoghen
3 undead is working out surprisingly well for me. Many of my losses have been to mistakes I made or skills randomly not activating. I could see a 3 mechanical team absolutely wrecking everything as well. Both undead and mechanical type abilities are godly, automatically resurrecting once after death has won me the fight more times than I can count.

Either I faced you already, or someone else tried this too. The 3 undead team I faced was incredibly annoying, and (at least against my comp) worked pretty well, if for nothing more than causing frustration and poor play.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
Im running 3 rare rattlesnakes lvl 15 which are pretty tough to get around....lots of poison and the ability to hide underground...very fast...and if theyre hurt they do even more dmg because thyre beasts.

Clockwork gnomes hurt them though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very interesting info. Been too busy with leveling alts to keep battling. My three squash team was doing pretty well though. But still, not going to do it seriously. Three scissors and all that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've done three restless shadelings before. Two of them were more for backup, and somewhat cannon fodder.. but man, plagued-blood + death coil is a bit OP. Double heals, whilst attacking.

(note, i was doing this mostly while farming a rare pet a few levels higher, and sometimes letting two of the restless shadelings die, so the third always got the max XP available to it. Quite frequently I never needed to switch out to a second restless. )
Edited by Urszula on 10/7/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/30/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Treeborn

Just like in a certain other pet battling game, redundancy isn't necessarily a bad thing. Yes, you stack up on weaknesses, but when you only expect to go up against one of those you can drag it down and then sweep the rest of the fight if the idea works well enough.

Basically, by building in redundancies, you lure out your weakness, break it down, and then have free reign. You also have backup in case something goes wrong, though I don't think that matters too much in this game.
At present, there aren't pets that need a hard counter, so this doesn't work so well. The closest you could come is something like Lil' Rag or Clockwork Gnome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes, I am. It is by far the strongest comp I have seen too. Triple Goat Cleave. I like to think I am the only one running this at the moment, and am yet to lose a 3v3 level 25 pet battle. I'll attach a link soon to show you the strength.

Me using 1 pet VS Major Payne. And then heaps of 3 pet level 25s fleeing instantly because they fought me before and got owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QEp5RQn4m8&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Swiftspice on 10/7/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I've been running a 3x Aquatic just for kicks, it's actually done better than expected. Mirror Strider, Dancing Water Skimmer, Snarly or Sifang Otter, Dancing Water Skimmer, Snarly. I put up Cleansing Rains with the Skimmer and let the other two go to work with damage. Obviously if I go up against a flyer I'm in trouble, which has happened, but still fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes, I am. It is by far the strongest comp I have seen too. Triple Goat Cleave. I like to think I am the only one running this at the moment, and am yet to lose a 3v3 level 25 pet battle. I'll attach a link soon to show you the strength.

Me using 1 pet VS Major Payne. And then heaps of 3 pet level 25s fleeing instantly because they fought me before and got owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QEp5RQn4m8&feature=youtu.be

Im sorry, but at this point in the evolution of pet battles, bragging about how many pet battles you have won with a setup that includes all of the same pet is not so much how good you are as it is how broken the pet's skills are. I think the "heaps" of people who left pet battles against you more left because they find your playstyle more gimicky than quality and are nto gonna feed you wins.

Then again, I find most people leave pet battles in general for that reason.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Im running three whelps. azure crimson and dark. its going pretty good. i win alot of my player battles.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
I ran into a team yesterday of three spiders. They surrendered to my undead/undead/magic team before the first turn. I was confused...no idea what that person was thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yes, it *could* work. It's going to depend on who you're up against really. And the level of your team.
Will it work every time? No.
...but then again, if you're winning every time with your usual team, you're amazing.
:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I used 3 Restless Shadelings for a while and would win atleast 3/5 no matter my enemies team composition. It got very boring tbh
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've been experimenting with a team of squirrels. I've got the regular, the mechanical, and the undead, so there's a nice mix of types. The only problem is a lack of decent heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]