Is INT still top stat to get?

Since INT doesn't increase the mana pool anymore, is it still the king of all stats on equips?
I understand most gear already has it, but my main concern is trinkets. I currently have 2 INT trinkets, but I'm unsure if the secondary stats may be better now.
And I'm curious when I start to gem and enchant my gear.
Edited by Trollinhobo on 9/30/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use blue gems in blue gear, starting at max level. I don't gem anything under that.

I also don't start enchanting anything until Heroic dungeon pieces.

That's just me, though.

Riôt
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You'll more than likely want to take spirit over int for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/30/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Røth
You'll more than likely want to take spirit over int for a while.

Agreed. I'm stacking over 7.1k spirit atm
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I grab gems and enchants when they're convenient. For example, the green quality spirit gems (+240 I believe?) cost less than 1 gold on the AH here. I'm willing to spend ~80 silver to use my Blacksmithing socket in green gloves, for instance, even if it's not totally necessary.

In general though, I wouldn't go overboard gemming and enchanting stuff until you get to 450 or especially 463 gear. Everything else will be replaced very quickly, so if an enchant costs more than a couple gold (or whatever your personal threshold is, depends on how much money you have) then don't bother. Missing a boot enchant is not going to wipe your 5-man group.

I can't comment too much on Priests, because mine has been collecting dust for close to a year, but I know for Paladins your current trinkets would be good but the Egg is not really ideal due to a) the randomness of the haste proc, and b) the fact that our mana can't support hugh haste levels at the moment anyways. Those are the two I'm using for healing at the moment, but I'm planning on getting Price of Progress or whatever it's called from a heroic before my guild begins raiding. It's a slight int loss, but a huge mana gain.
Edited by Tailosaurus on 9/30/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Since INT doesn't increase the mana pool anymore, is it still the king of all stats on equips?
I understand most gear already has it, but my main concern is trinkets. I currently have 2 INT trinkets, but I'm unsure if the secondary stats may be better now.
And I'm curious when I start to gem and enchant my gear.

according to several website(Noxxic) where theorycrafting exist.
Spirit is King* for all healer

*It said stack spirit just enough to break even for dungeon.
Edited by Zalena on 10/4/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]