Rotation

90 Blood Elf Mage
hey guys im having a problem with my rotation i don't know what spell to start with its fire btw
and are mages really weak i mean for damage because i don't seem to do that much + what stat do we use now becuase before i used just crit.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
For fire I make sure that I have my invocation buff up and try to precast pyroblast, then living bomb for the debuff. After that if combustion is off cooldown I scorch spam for a crit then inferno blast. From there I (make sure living bomb is up) cast fireball, instant pyro, combust, infernoblast, and the basically fireball spam until I need to evocate again.

That's just to give you a rough idea though. Make sure you're spells hit the target before you combust because pyroblast has a slow travel time. Also a lot of mobs can be frozen so you can nova straight into deep freeze so you can get 3 crits (2 scorch, 1 pyro)
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Spelmasta
After that if combustion is off cooldown I scorch spam for a crit then inferno blast.

I think you mean fireball spam here. You have it right later in your post, but to be clear it should be fireball spam. Unless you're moving. Scorch as little as possible.

I would recommend googling icy veins fire mage dps guide as a good starting point. You should also take a look at frost because it's a lot of fun right now. With low %crit fire can be a little underwelming.

Best of luck.
Edited by Zugman on 9/30/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/30/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zugman
After that if combustion is off cooldown I scorch spam for a crit then inferno blast.

I think you mean fireball spam here. You have it right later in your post, but to be clear it should be fireball spam. Unless you're moving. Scorch as little as possible.

I would recommend googling icy veins fire mage dps guide as a good starting point. You should also take a look at frost because it's a lot of fun right now. With low %crit fire can be a little underwelming.

Best of luck.

Like you say low crit can make fire feel underwhelming, i'm not using scorch anymore because PoM is better but the point of it was just to fish for 1 crit really quick so I could get a pyroblast off and maximize the amount of combustions in a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
As of right now, there isn't enough crit or haste on gear for fire or frost to really perform as intended. Early on in the expansion is arcane's time to shine. I would highly suggest a respec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]