whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

85 Human Paladin
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310...... i find myself sitting in sw just dungeon queing atm cause of how bad the travel time is. nerf the xp needed or give us flying at 85

this is fun? what are you smoking bliz??? id like some of that
Edited by Gargadin on 10/1/2012 10:16 AM PDT
85 Human Rogue
Noob... they did this for ground mounts in vanilla, flying mounts in BC, flying in NR. Only reason they did not do it for Cata was because it involved the entire old world.

E: They lower it a few months after the expansion when everyone typically has a 90 and has done the content.
Edited by Vèngeance on 10/1/2012 10:17 AM PDT
90 Undead Warrior
K.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like it.
85 Human Paladin
Seems perfectly reasonable, and great for PvP. Flight paths are actually useful again.

Cheers.

im on a pve server. and netflix on my iphone is very useful im almost through st tng
90 Draenei Shaman
That is how every expansion except Cata has been.
90 Human Paladin
I've enjoyed using my ground mount to get around again. Just like with BC and Wrath, I think it's good for the game to save flying till after you level up.
85 Human Paladin
Noob... they did this for ground mounts in vanilla, flying mounts in BC, flying in NR. Only reason they did not do it for Cata was because it involved the entire old world.

E: They lower it a few months after the expansion when everyone typically has a 90 and has done the content.

i played in vanilla and hated the extreme grind factor, i have 4 85s. having EVERYTHING gated=questing 100% of the time JUST to be able to get gear....
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If there was a zone like Blade's Edge Mountains or Howling Fjord I might complain a bit. But every zone was relatively easy to traverse on a ground mount.
71 Blood Elf Rogue
You haven't been around for very long have you?
1 Gnome Priest
10/01/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Gargadin
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310......

We only had flying while leveling in one expansion. Cata is the odd man out, not mop.
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/01/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Nery
Wait, you didn't actually level in BC and WotLK? Because every expansion (except Cata) you were unable to fly till level cap.

Wrath was like 78.. I think.
21 Pandaren Monk
I don't mind the ground mounts so much. They need to do something about all the snags though. Every time I turn around I'm getting hung up on a rock or a branch or something. Make this stuff phantom.
85 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Kurnea
I've enjoyed using my ground mount to get around again. Just like with BC and Wrath, I think it's good for the game to save flying till after you level up.

auto run on mount or fp----->netflix
i stopped caring about the story years ago
90 Human Mage
I'm not fond of having to run around in circles to find quest hubs only to be hit by a million different mobs as I aimlessly run around trying to find the next level-appropriate questing area / quest hub.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Somebody needs a hug
90 Human Paladin
So instead of just questing with a ground mount (that really doesn't make a huge difference...quest objectives aren't that far away from the hub) you would rather sit around Stormwind for 30+ minutes waiting in a dungeon queue in order to get less exp?

Okay.
90 Goblin Hunter
Vanilla: No flying mounts
BC: No flying mounts until 70 and even then the cheap one only moved at 60%(might have been 80%) speed so it was faster to use your ground mount unless you could afford the 5k for epic flight.
Wrath: No flying until 77 initially and then it cost 1k gold I believe. Eventually added a boa item to allow alts to fly, think it was 3.2.
Cata: You could fly from the start
MoP: No flying until 90

I really don't get why people are shocked by this. In patch 5.1 or 5.2 they will probably add a boa item that can be mailed from a 90 to an alt that will allow flying at 85 in Pandaria.

I enjoyed having to run around.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]