whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

100 Orc Warlock
I totally disagree with the OP. No flying was a fantastic design choice.
90 Night Elf Rogue
The moral of the story is this: flying mounts (combined with flight speeds) have made us lazy.

How the hell did we survive prior to flying? And even after it was put into the game, we couldn't fly in vanilla zones until Cata. Cata ruined us.

Thank you Blizzard for helping some people realize that there is more to this game than grinding to max level.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont see anyone that wants to level a character for fun. I am seeing a bunch of people that want to level an alt for professions.

Deal with it.

I level alts because I like them. I have one of each class. Not all of them have professions. I like leveling and think its fun. Riding around for no other reason than someone thinks I would enjoy the change of pace not so much. I mean its not like riding around adds anything except for the time it takes to get to your destination. Hardly anything attacks you. And anything that does is easily outrun. All I want to do is get from point A to point B. If its a long trip I take the flight points. No reason I shouldnt just be able to fly myself.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/01/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Krogthemad
Once you hit 90 you will appreciate flying a whole lot more. Just go out and hit up your quests they aren't that difficult and the travel time isn't very long. You will get 4-5 quest in a small area; clear em out and collect xp. Also start using the guild banner, I found plenty of areas to really take advantage of it with endlessly spawning mobs. All I gotta say is vic rush is awesome for killing non-stop and keeping yourself alive.

God damn I hate the quest design for Mists because of this. I want to be able to clear a hub and have it finished. I don't want to have to keep riding back and forth from section to section repeatedly because some bonzo in the design team thinks we only have the attention span for 3 quests at a time.
I kind of like being grounded at first. Makes you feel a bit more in touch with the world around you, and it lets you appreciate the atmosphere a little more.

I might feel differently once I've leveled my second or third alt through Pandaria, though.
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Gargaronsis
i do like raiding.......

You have no raid progress however. Other then LFR.
90 Troll Druid
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.

I hate leveling in general but let me tell you - having mounts for this is silly. Trust me best idea let the whiners whine...
Community Manager
10/01/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Positron
You don't get honest opinions here and it's only a fraction of the population.

It is interesting how that flips around to suit the wielder. We're not listening, we're listening too much, everyone hates it, not everyone is giving their opinion, etc.

This same complaint came up in the first couple weeks of Wrath. As far as I've seen many people look back on that expansion with fondness, and "Remember when we couldn't fly?" isn't even in the top 40 of complaints about it. I guess what I'm saying is that it seems really super important right now, but ultimately it leads to a better experience in the long term for the majority of players.
Edited by Bashiok on 10/1/2012 1:39 PM PDT
100 Undead Mage
It's amazing how much bigger and connected the world feels without flying mounts. Great change, imo.
90 Orc Warrior
I really don't much care for scenery, just not that type of guy. "oh look green stuff over there, whatever".

That said I don't have many issues running around on a ground mount until I hit 90. At least none that wouldn't present themselves normally any way, even if I did have the ability to fly.

The only thing I will say against it is that its stupid in a sense that it doesn't make any sense. I mean, I can fly in 20 below weather (northrend). I can clearly fly at great heights (flying over mt hyjall). And I can even fly in outer space (outland) so why the hell cant I fly here?
100 Night Elf Hunter
So, it seems that we need an update on the old meme already. Instead of talking about "Wrath Babies", perhaps it's time to talk about "Cata Babies".

OP is one of them.
1 Tauren Paladin
I hate flying mounts. I wish they had never introduced them. Vanilla wow was so much fun and funny how we didnt have flying mounts. Its time to start adding monsters in the air so it more of a challenge to those flying everywhere. Note to Blizzard with Titan project. If its an MMO, then stay on the ground.
Edited by Cowpaddies on 10/1/2012 1:42 PM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
don't know why anyone would complain about leveling speed. I for one rushed purely questing and no level took me more than 4 hours(when I was actually questing) 89-90 took me about... 6 hours because I spent 30 minutes after dinging getting all my professions in order and the last 3 bars my guild was like "lets go kill Galleon and the Sha of Anger!" and that took at least an hour and 15 to get fully set up between all the people fighting for raid spot etc. However I managed those 3 bars in about 30 minutes? Probably a little more. I'm looking forward to playing my alt and really enjoying it and watching every cutscene that I had missed etc.
90 Gnome Warlock
Bash, random and out of the blue question, but did GC give raze you a little because of your "fish eatting fish? That'd be weird to me" thing?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Edited by Bomdanil on 10/1/2012 1:43 PM PDT
93 Troll Hunter
I would prefer less xp to level and flying mounts as well.

I wish Blizzard sent out surveys now and then since they have every ones e-mail for battle.net

I would like to see what all the people who rarely use the forums think about this.

Personally I think the whole feel more connected to the world by moving slower on the ground thing is bizarre but it is Blizzards game.
100 Human Mage
I didn't think I'd like it, but actually I really enjoyed not being able to fly until level 90! :)
100 Troll Death Knight
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.

I agree with this 100%. You become much more immersed in the environment and enjoy all the little things that they have added in so much more.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]