whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

1 Orc Shaman
[quote="67584786492"][quote]
I've paid my dues. I ran around on foot until level 40 on multiple characters and then got a slow as hell 60% ground mount for 20 more levels. Then, I had to use a 60% flying mount for ages until a friend was kind enough to give me the gold for epic flying.

If you're going to constantly take away our flying, then you should make lowbies run around on foot again so they can get the "real" experience of leveling. *eye roll*

You didn't pay any dues. The hardest part of everything you talked about, was grinding primals and playing the AH to get 5000 gold for epic flying. You got given it.
90 Human Hunter
"Slow down..."

It's been pretty cool and awesome I think.

Love the story lines
90 Human Paladin
"Slow down. Life is to be savored."

Life is what happens when you walk away from the PC.

Life can happen with both, as I've had some great experiences with people while playing WoW, as I've had good experiences with other games.

Point is, people shouldn't try to rush their hobbies and treat it like a chore. If you really feel that the game is a waste, by all means, unsubscribe, log out and spend your time on better priorities.
I like it when my ground mounts aren't pointless. :)
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well I think its a great idea, Blizz puts all that time and effort to design their zones and itd be a waste not to see them, plus we were pampered in cata zones and leveling seemed a bit fast for my taste in cata, this way it gives us more time to enjoy the GAME!
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Jellycake
But if you have any complaints, you're not a true RPGamer.

umm what?

What what? A true RPGamer takes the game as is and plays it. Does whatever it offers to level up, get to the next place, fight the baddies, grind experience, etc.

If you played PC, console and handheld RPGs solo, you'd know that complaining does nothing. You do it or don't play. Blizzard's game - you're just a guest in their world.
100 Dwarf Hunter
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310...... i find myself sitting in sw just dungeon queing atm cause of how bad the travel time is. nerf the xp needed or give us flying at 85

this is fun? what are you smoking bliz??? id like some of that

Please stop not knowing what the hell you are talking about.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.

I been playing this game for 8 years. Im getting old and set in my ways at this point. You could have gave older players like me an option for flying. To be honest, Im not going to lie, I somewhat agree with the OP, this is the most frustrating part of the game. Falling off a cliff, or yet another mountain to go around that's as long as the map if not longer. I just want to get stuff done to get to challenge modes and raiding. Do I care I am a minority in this game? Not really. Will anything be done? Its too late and once the minds at the table are set, nothing is going to change their views. I hate not flying. I been through this many times before. I hate doing it again.

Outside that really, I love the expansion. Things are fun. Quests are always the same hack n slash or gathering stuff, however I did enjoy being a sniper. The new systems are fun. I just LOATHE being restricted to the ground.

#RewardsForVetPlayers

Yeah thats my rant...
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/01/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Positron

I noticed even while taking flight paths the world seems to shrink. I'd restrict fly zones even further if it were up to me. Ground mounts has kept pvp very active.

Flying allows people to avoid conflict hiding in the clouds. Flying is also more boring than riding around varying terrain and finding ways around mobs

Flying also hurts the sense of adventure. Whats around the river bend? If you fly you probably won't pay much attention to the river miles below you. On ground there is a greater sense of intrigue and proper scope

The proper scope in Icecrown and Storm Peaks is from the air since you basically need a flying mount. There's also a bunch of areas that's only accessible with a flying mount.

You have to be on the ground to actually do anything. If you just wanted scenery then you are free to trot along all day if you like.

I keep seeing this "if you just want scenery" strawman used over and over. If that's all you're seeing from people that are in support of the restriction, then you really need to actually read the posts you're replying to instead of just making up words that aren't actually in those posts.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I love it!

One of the things I like about it is seeing things that I just can't get to and thinking "I wonder what is up THERE! I'll be sure to come back here when I can fly!" I like that it adds to the mystery and exploration factor.

True, I could just force myself to use a ground mount (and honestly, I might for those zones I haven't finished by the time I'm 90), but I think this is better design.
90 Human Paladin
What what? A true RPGamer takes the game as is and plays it. Does whatever it offers to level up, get to the next place, fight the baddies, grind experience, etc.

An RPG gamer in the absolute truest form sticks to tabletop gaming and meets with a group of real people over paper maps and various sided dice. Often as not if a particular adventure is becoming grindy or tedious, people do mention this to the DM and ask if he/she can accomodate.

10/01/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Vixie
If you played PC, console and handheld RPGs solo, you'd know that complaining does nothing.

Odd, I've seen quite a lot of complaints addressed through RPG patches, expansions, sequels, and if nothing else, mods. Remember the long as hell elevators in Mass Effect 1? Those were gone in ME 2 and 3. The entire modern RPG experience, whether we're talking MMO, wRPG, JRPG, tabletop, or whatever, has undergone a series of refinements over the years.

It's perfectly fine and encouraged for people to suggest improvements, the problem is when people are obstinate about it and assume they're speaking for everyone when they're not.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]
[quote]
I've paid my dues. I ran around on foot until level 40 on multiple characters and then got a slow as hell 60% ground mount for 20 more levels. Then, I had to use a 60% flying mount for ages until a friend was kind enough to give me the gold for epic flying.

If you're going to constantly take away our flying, then you should make lowbies run around on foot again so they can get the "real" experience of leveling. *eye roll*

You didn't pay any dues. The hardest part of everything you talked about, was grinding primals and playing the AH to get 5000 gold for epic flying. You got given it.

Level 1 forum troll, opinion is invalid.
90 Orc Warlock
haha this guy is a noob, someone call in the WAH-bulance
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]