World Bosses

90 Night Elf Druid
Hey Proudmoore!

Seeing as how Blizzard has brought back world bosses and it's something that has the potential to create animosity between guilds who are competing for them, I wanted to bring up discussion on how players intend to handle boss tagging. Proudmoore's never been a server that's filled with hostility or bad feelings; We are more about sparkly rainbows and lots of <3. While guilds do have friendly competition, there's usually mutual respect and common courtesy.

As one of the top progression guilds on the server, NCP would love to help foster that type of environment. With that said, this expansion is mostly about Horde vs. Alliance and Blizzard has even mentioned that world bosses are their way of promoting World PvP. Therefore, after discussing it internally, we've decided that our guild policy is to always compete with Horde for world bosses. If we see hordies on a boss, we will do everything in our power to fight them for the kill. (Consider it payback for Theramore!)

Alliance guilds, on the other hand, won't have to worry about NCP "griefing" your world boss kills. We'll fully respect first tag if another alliance group has a boss. In fact, we'll go as far as to help our alliance brethren out and fend off the horde should they try to interfere.

We don't expect others to adhere to our policy, obviously. I'm simply stating NCP's position so others in the community (who care about these things) are aware of our stance since I'm sure you'll see us at most of the world bosses. Let us know what you think is fair in the comments below, we love this server and we are interested in how others feel about this issue.

On a side note, we're happy to bring pugs along if we have room. We took several pugs on our first Sha of Anger kill because there was space and the pugs in the vicinity asked to join. Loot is done in LFR style so there's no reason for us to exclude allies. The best way to see if we have room is to /who non combat pet. If you see less than 40 people online, feel free to ask in /say or /whisper for an invite. (I am personally not in general chat, so I won't see those requests.) However, if you /who us and see more than 40+ people online, we've probably got a full raid and cannot invite you, not because we don't want to, but due to Blizz's raid-size limitations.

Good luck to everyone and see you all out there. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I need every galleon kill possible to throw charms at him for the mount. I'm sure that goes double for shwert/sha of anger

Also, there's no reason for multiple groups not to merge for world bosses since loot is individual anyway.

Edit:

I should read the last paragraph before I post. >.>
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/1/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
WTB more chances to tank Sha. I want some shiny lewts! :3

On a side note, I'm curious...how do you intend on competing with horde for the kills? If they've already tagged it, you can't really kill them as Proudmoore is PvE. Are you saying NCP will flag themselves when going into a zone? Sounds interesting either way.

I haven't tried yet, but theoretically you could taunt spam and reset the boss.

Not sure if they're leashed to spawn points or can chase you the whole zone
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yea, the discussion started because we stole a boss kill from Dunder Mifflin after they had tagged it by taunting it until it leashed and despawned. We also flagged and when some of them hit us they became flagged.

We don't want to come across as jerks and bullies, but many of our members really enjoy the thrill and competition that comes from fighting tooth and nail for these kills. It was fun to have a guild wide call to arms, with everybody converging, jumping in raid, summoning, etc.

Anyway, Orangemoon, our GM, thought it was fair to let people know what our policy was and see what other people on the server thought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Proudmoore's never been a server that's filled with hostility or bad feelings; We are more about sparkly rainbows and lots of <3. While guilds do have friendly competition, there's usually mutual respect and common courtesy.

I guess you mean towards alliance guilds only because you've just created bad feelings by acting with unprovoked hostility trashing common courtesy and mutual respect along the way.

I find the irony of that statement followed by this one to die for:

Therefore, after discussing it internally, we've decided that our guild policy is to always compete with Horde for world bosses. If we see hordies on a boss, we will do everything in our power to fight them for the kill. (Consider it payback for Theramore!)

We aren't on a PVP server, (Nor are we on a RP server).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah, if you want world PvP, take it to a PvP server. And I find it funny how you call it "competition" when we're outnumbered 8:1 by your side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yea, the discussion started because we stole a boss kill from Dunder Mifflin after they had tagged it by taunting it until it leashed and despawned. We also flagged and when some of them hit us they became flagged.

We don't want to come across as jerks and bullies, but many of our members really enjoy the thrill and competition that comes from fighting tooth and nail for these kills. It was fun to have a guild wide call to arms, with everybody converging, jumping in raid, summoning, etc.

Anyway, Orangemoon, our GM, thought it was fair to let people know what our policy was and see what other people on the server thought.

We aren't a PvP server so we have to do tank vs tank. Fair game imo.
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/1/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Ðemolition
We aren't a PvP server

nuff said
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Silchas
I guess you mean towards alliance guilds only because you've just created bad feelings by acting with unprovoked hostility trashing common courtesy and mutual respect along the way.

Keyword being unprovoked hostility. As I told you, Silchas, I was originally against taunt resetting until my guildies spoke up and said that Dunder Mifflin had attempted to do the same to us (unsuccessfully) on previous bosses. You can't instigate and then cry about it when others retaliate. You guys became fair game at that point.

Rather than arbitrarily decide per instance whether or not we'd compete for the bosses, we just decided to make it a guild policy (since NCP has multiple raid teams). We'll kill horde on sight when it comes to world bosses. You guys are free to attack us as well, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sadly I've spoken to every member of my guild and have been on for every spawn of Galleon. We have never interfered so whoever says that in your guild is either misinformed or lying.

You claimed a druid did it, the only DM people who ever watched alliance kill Galleon was myself and Sony. Neither of which is a druid, and neither of us interfered.

Bring forth these members to tell their sides of the story as I am here telling them they are wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
With that said, this expansion is mostly about Horde vs. Alliance and Blizzard has even mentioned that world bosses are their way of promoting World PvP. Therefore, after discussing it internally, we've decided that our guild policy is to always compete with Horde for world bosses. If we see hordies on a boss, we will do everything in our power to fight them for the kill.

Why that's all well and good in theory, you might also want to consider the imbalance of Alliance and Horde on this server. It may sound like a fun idea, but there's really nothing interesting or compelling about pulling together the forty people required for it, and then being in the middle of it when something like two to three times that in Alliance comes down to grief you for it.

Perhaps the most important fact here is that the simple reality of Horde doing it back to you isn't all that common. This is perhaps one of the attractions to doing it, but to claim it as anything other than griefing based on that really does misunderstand the huge population difference that exists on Proudmoore. Whereas a number of Alliance guilds could come down on a Horde raid doing it, outside the various Taint guilds and perhaps Dunder Mifflin (they're a 25man raid guild, but I'm not sure of their exact numbers) the majority of Horde guilds simply lack the numbers to pull together a group to hassle an Alliance one fully.

Like I said, if it was a balanced server, who'd care, right? But imbalanced as it is, it's really just a one sided effort, with very little in it for the other.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Priest
posting on a alt since i wish to remain anno.

For the first time in along time now I am ashamed to say I have alliance toons or toons in your guild Orange. This is not a smart move and it creates rivalry that is really not needed. We outnumber Horde by vast numbers and dont need to stir the pot. Insteas we should be promoting Horde to help rebuild its faction since it has been basically destroyed and most of the hardcore raiders left for alli side... (sparkle)

If you really want to compete with Horde, then be respectful, and also give them priase when praise is due, like realm first Sha. Point is that you want to "compete" but there really is no cimpetition. DM runs 25 man, you run 10 mans, and DM has alot harder time getting groups together and working things out cause horde is dead. So maybe you should promote Proudmoore in general, to attract more players here so that we can respectfully compete. When we use good motivations, and good ways to challange our adversaires, it will make Pmoore a better server then it is, and we will be where we should be... on top.

dont create needless drama, and nonsense. This just looks like a C***fight. And tbh, not lika We as Alliance dont ever harass, camp, or raid org on a weekly basis... lets build a good horde, and alliance, which will build a good proudmoore.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Dunder Mifflin has 4 druids that run in its 25 normally, none of which normally run as bears, and none of which interfered with any kills by taunting. It was unprovoked. We have 25 people that can attest to your taunt interference, while you wont even name the person that "claims" we did it to you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
As Silchas stated me and him were the only ones to watch your recent kills which we stayed mounted and im far from a druid for that matter so its no way to pin that on DM for something we didnt do. Only group we had a "druid" in was when you guys came and stole the kill from us so check your guildies on telling the truth for once.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
posting on a alt since i wish to remain anno.

For the first time in along time now I am ashamed to say I have alliance toons or toons in your guild Orange. This is not a smart move and it creates rivalry that is really not needed. We outnumber Horde by vast numbers and dont need to stir the pot. Insteas we should be promoting Horde to help rebuild its faction since it has been basically destroyed and most of the hardcore raiders left for alli side... (sparkle)

If you really want to compete with Horde, then be respectful, and also give them priase when praise is due, like realm first Sha. Point is that you want to "compete" but there really is no cimpetition. DM runs 25 man, you run 10 mans, and DM has alot harder time getting groups together and working things out cause horde is dead. So maybe you should promote Proudmoore in general, to attract more players here so that we can respectfully compete. When we use good motivations, and good ways to challange our adversaires, it will make Pmoore a better server then it is, and we will be where we should be... on top.

dont create needless drama, and nonsense. This just looks like a C***fight. And tbh, not lika We as Alliance dont ever harass, camp, or raid org on a weekly basis... lets build a good horde, and alliance, which will build a good proudmoore.

That's interesting. I'd like to know what characters you have in Non Combat Pet, Quickficks?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
heh, i've never even seen Galleon and the only World PvE Alliance group i've seen was for Sha, in which i sat on my mount and watched half of it, and the other half i was fishing next to the encounter.... i would love to know who thinks that me or the other DM Druids were taunting your boss
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
What you did on that Galleon fight was uncalled for. it was griefing, and not "friendly" competition. You leashed the boss and reset it so that you could get the kill, instead of being prepared and ready to pull before the horde did. i'll just sit in the comfort knowing that you will get what you deserve in due time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There are just so many things here that just baffle me and make no sense at all.

For one, we are on a PvE server. Yeah sure, will these world bosses provoke a little world PvP, sure it will, but people are on this server because they do not want to be involved in being bothered when leveling their toons, or while they are doing what they need to do. Nonetheless, we are Proudmoore, we are not like any other server that is out there. Both Ally and Horde have always come together, and this has become a home for all of us. Just about 2 months ago, we all come together for Proudmoore Pride, regardless if horde had less people, or ally had more. We came together as a LGBT community and supported a good cause, through a game. People from cross servers come to this event every year, and transfer here all the time because they also want to be a part of this amazing community we have made it to be, on both ally and horde. Horde unfortunately, has significantly lost a lot of our members, but that doesnt mean we lost what was built here. I love how just not with that decision that you decided to make completely just said to horde "Sorry, screw you, were going to dominate you if you decide to take Galleon from Alliance, and we will kill you as well." Horde is outnumbered by a significant amount, and the fact you decided to send one of your members in to get us flagged, just because we tapped the boss before you did, is so unreal. We are NOT on a PvP server. If you guys got to the tap before we did, we would gladly let you have the kill. But because you decided to grief us, wipe our raid, and kill us, it just shows how messed up this entire situation is.

This entire situation between, not even Alliance and Horde, but between NCP and DM, could have been easily avoided. some plan could have been worked out to accommodate both raid guilds with the boss. But instead, you guys just want to flat out decimate anyone who messes with the boss who is not on alliance side. It honestly is just a terrible decision to do. I do not really need to go into the entire situation with a supposed "druid" in our guild tried to mess with your boss kill, because of all the posts above this, but just remember, people in your guild may be pulling a quick one and blaming DM for no apparent reason.

There is really nothing else to say regarding this majorly stupid issue that is going on, but honestly some people in NCP need to grow up. If you want to world PvP, there are tons of servers that have pvp built into the server, but it is most defiantly not welcome here, and i can tell you many others will not engage in that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]