Tank trying to decide on offspec

90 Tauren Druid
Need some advice being a relatively new player, if you wouldn't mind..

Since I'm a tank, options for offspec is balance, feral, or resto

I was thinking of going resto, since this makes me potentially more valuable for getting into a guild since I can take up either of the lesser played roles if need be.

However at the same time, I've heard that having a dps offsepc actually makes you a BETTER TANK IN RAIDS because in situations where only 1 tank is needed, you can help do some damage, either melee (cat) or ranged (boomkin). Never raided so not sure how frequently this comes up.

Any advice on what I should do? If dps offspec makes you a more valuable raid player as a tank, then I'd probably want to choose that, not sure how true that is though.

I thank-
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
being that you're a druid, and have the choice, pick ranged DPS, but make sure you're actually good at it.

there is a STRONG anti-melee-bias thus far in this expansion, and ranged will be heavily favored.

also, if you have no monk or druid healers, you'll be getting all that sweet, sweet Int leather.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
thx!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ranged DPS is always better than melee.

A ranged can do a melees job but not the other way around.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I go with a healing offspec, since sometimes if a healer doesn't show, it's a lot more flexible. And I like healing too.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
As a feral offspec your gear is pretty much the same as your tanking gear. Every time you get a new piece just change your reforge on the old piece and voila, dps gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]