Hunter Chat Thread 1: Sticky Edition

90 Pandaren Hunter
For those unaware, and we seem to have a new crop here, HCT is off-topic Hunter forum thread. It's for us to relax and discuss the finer parts of being Hunters. Nothing is off limits here. As with most threads of this nature, the final poster in the thread gets to start and name the next thread.

The initial topic for this thread is about our stickies. I just noticed that Blizzard removed the Cata stickies that Kalilah wrote. Much love and big probs to Kal, even though he retired shorted after Firelands dropped. So, is there anybody interested in writing a sticky?

Yes, I know about EJ and other sources, but most new Hunters come to the official forums first, so there should be some baseline information for them here. It's a project I'd like to take on, but I'm rather busy between school and work. I am more than willing to edit, proof-read, and fact check whatever you write though.
90 Orc Hunter
Sounds fun, use to post in warrior @ day thread and shaman OT thread, going to main my Hunter for awhile in MOP so its about time Hunters had an OT thread
90 Orc Hunter
If I had the time I could make a guide for soloing purposes, although I wouldn't ever really be able to base it off actual math or anything of the sort. It gets tricky considering our pet / spec choice will be fight dependent.
24 Undead Hunter
I think that there should be stickies.

/thread
90 Orc Hunter
So hows everyone enjoying MOP so far?
90 Dwarf Hunter
Well chums, I'd love to see how this one goes... though nothing will top our 500+ page last one.
90 Orc Hunter
Lets hope this one doesnt get us all banned again :P

Did anyone cache the 4.3 Surv sticky?, it should still be fairly relevant in terms of rotation with some minor amendments for new talents/possible stat weight changes.
90 Orc Hunter
As for my views on MoP.- I'll admit I was extremely skeptical, still am tbh - but its turning out better then I expected. From a design perspective it seems they are trying to recapture the gamer market instead of the instant gratification market, we'll see if that hold true though.

I guess the proof will be whether they can maintain a decent level of content.
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/01/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Solojoe

I am absolutely having a blast. I forgot how fun it was to go Big Red Spirit Beast all the time. I've been questing as BM, trying to get a hang of it, and haven't really found a change I didn't like. Beast Cleave, Kill Command's charge component, unlimited and free pet respecs, Ferocity turtles and Tenacity seagulls.

I did run into a problem with Townlong Steppes, though. If you move from zone to zone as soon as your breadcrumb becomes available, there aren't enough quests in the zone to get you from 88 to 89. So I had to go back to Kun-Lai Summit and finish a series of quests there.

In a particularly uncharacteristic move, I've been moving out of zones before finishing every quest in the zone. Not because the zones are bad, but because I want to see everything. Pandaria is just visually stunning and immersive that I want to soak it all in. As much as I hate being grounded, I think that no flying has a lot to do with how into the expansion I have been.

10/02/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Vaelkyri
Did anyone cache the 4.3 Surv sticky?, it should still be fairly relevant in terms of rotation with some minor amendments for new talents/possible stat weight changes.

It should still be around, I'll try to find it and post a link here.

10/02/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Vaelkyri
Lets hope this one doesnt get us all banned again :P

Who knows... I was going to lead the thread with an over/under on the number of months until we got our first Mists sticky, but decided that might be pushing it. It was well into 4.1 before one of Kal's guides got approved. We actually thread capped his first attempt, and lost all of that info because it didn't get stickied.

There has been no action taken against the Warrior threads of the day, the Shaman totem threads, the Priest off-topic stuff. It really felt like they were picking on Hunters because the threads just kept disappearing, even though similarly structured and maintained threads for other classes were deemed okay. I'm hardly one to play the victim card, but it was hard not to in that case.

10/02/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Yjjial
Well chums, I'd love to see how this one goes... though nothing will top our 500+ page last one.

Needs more ponies.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Note that both of these are locked:
SV Sticky: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416153075?page=1
MM Sticky: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369739087?page=1
90 Orc Hunter
I like to Multishot Misdirect entire packs of trash onto players who like to prematurely pull in Heroics.

Wait ... am I doing this right?
90 Dwarf Hunter
While my dps may me suffering, but at least I can still kite forever.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Oh my.
90 Orc Hunter
Any of you into Hunting IRL? I havn't had a chance to level up much because of Hunting season.

Also 1.5 hours to go until work is out. Plan on getting a few hours in tonight.
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/02/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Solojoe
Also 1.5 hours to go until work is out. Plan on getting a few hours in tonight.

Silly 9-5'ers. I'm outta here in 15 minutes. Then it's time to grind out that final 29 million XP to level 90.

I like to Multishot Misdirect entire packs of trash onto players who like to prematurely pull in Heroics.

Wait ... am I doing this right?

Are you glyphed? That glyph is proof that Blizzard is trolling us all.
90 Troll Hunter
10/01/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Solojoe

I'm loving it.

I basically stopped playing this guy when I hit 85 so I'm having a lot of fun especially since I race changed from a Blood Elf.
90 Orc Hunter
I AM FINALLY LEVEL 90 GUYS

It felt like forever even though I started on Saturday
Grats!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]