Hunter Chat Thread 1: Sticky Edition

90 Pandaren Hunter
Also, I hate to double post, but this is completely unrelated to anything above and would not work as an edit. I am thinking about creating a resource list in hopes of it getting stickied. As far as PvE goes, there is not a great need for a guide here because the Elitist Jerks Hunter community does such a fantastic job. After leveling a Shaman, Priest, Rogue, and Druid, I have to say that the Hunter guides were far and away the best ones on their site. So my idea is to create a thread and reserve 5 - 10 posts for direct links to Hunter community resources.

There are going to be two issues with this, though. The first is that I know of the PvE resources, but do not know the PvP resources. I would need help locating and vetting these items. I know Eldacar's blog is a wonderful resource, and I have pulled from it a few times, but I don't know of anything else credible. Secondly, I won't be able to get to this until next weekend. I have a 5K this weekend, an exam Wednesday, and a book due at work on Thursday. So, it will be a little while in the making.

The point of this post is to announce my intent so that you all will continue to badger me about it until it gets done and provide me with some aid when I need it.
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Adarant
I group every angry, whiney, "nerf, nerf, nerf" post into trolling, regardless of how legitimate their complaints are. It's more about the attitude than the content. There have also been a few threads that have been deleted.

If you look back thru these posts, there's usually three or four pages if not more on them. We(including myself) have been feeding these people.
Edited by Zouka on 10/5/2012 8:20 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
@Eponine LOL @ the Nerf BM thread keep up the good work I hope Phaelle starts playing WoW again I really liked his pvp comments in those threads
Edited by Solojoe on 10/5/2012 12:12 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hiya everyone, just keeping the thread back on top.
4 Draenei Mage
10/05/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Eponine
As far as PvE goes, there is not a great need for a guide here because the Elitist Jerks Hunter community does such a fantastic job.

I agree, but I think the official forums are often a go-to for newer players.

Maybe we can get permission from Z and/or the other EJ theorycrafters to repost their work in a thread here.

Traditionally someone who frequents the forums writes their own, not sure how they'd feel about copy/pasting what is on their website. Problem is these forums aren't worth putting any effort into, so very few would be willing.
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Lazyguide
WHATEVER I'LL JUST GO HANG OUT WITH THE OTHER ORC HUNTERS FOR NOW ON! *pouts and runs off*
Wanna compare Zug-Zugs?

Traditionally someone who frequents the forums writes their own, not sure how they'd feel about copy/pasting what is on their website. Problem is these forums aren't worth putting any effort into, so very few would be willing.

I would agree with this but I don't think a FAQ/Link list to relevent guilds would be too much for someone to write up.
4 Draenei Mage
10/05/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Earthroot
I would agree with this but I don't think a FAQ/Link list to relevent guilds would be too much for someone to write up.

No one's stopping you.
90 Orc Hunter
If I can get someone to lend a hand I would gladly try my best. I don't know if I am qualfied to do so though, but if anyone wants to lend a hand...Im sure I could scrape something together.
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/05/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Earthroot
If I can get someone to lend a hand I would gladly try my best. I don't know if I am qualfied to do so though, but if anyone wants to lend a hand...Im sure I could scrape something together.

Good to see scrape isn't getting filtered anymore. On topic, I am doing the link list in a week, just need to free up the time. I need help gathering the pvp resources though.
90 Orc Hunter
Well, just spent 3 hours trying to help a friend track a deer, no luck going to look more in the morning.

Also I won't bring this up again but is anyone else in this thread having an issure with the right mouse button unclicking itself when you strafe?

When I play I always have the right mouse button down makes it easier to move, but i might have to start using q and e for strafing i guess if I can't figure this out.

What technique do you guys use when you strafe?
90 Orc Hunter

Thanks, been a long time since I've played alliance as main

faction traitor welcome to my b.net ignore list
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Earthroot
Wanna compare Zug-Zugs?
Lok'Narosh brother!

I'd love to compare zug zugs.

10/05/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Solojoe
right mouse button unclicking itself when you strafe?
Not I.
90 Orc Hunter
Lok'Narosh brother!

I'd love to compare zug zugs.

Related, here are a coupla fun hunter things this xpac

http://i.imgur.com/zqfXr.jpg
I call it the ropes of doom. You can see people coming on tracking from Kharazang wilds and you drop the trap slightly infront of the rope and BOOM.

http://i.imgur.com/dyde3.jpg
Riding a feral kitty. It was everything I ever dreamed of.

http://i.imgur.com/k1wJN.jpg
This one was great while the Golden Lotus statue daily was bugged, I used to watch people attack/try to click on him till he was low and dismiss him @ the last second, then run over to the other side and resummon him.
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Eponine
*cries*
YA! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!

On a side note... orc and night elf make peace?! :D?

Me no want war... me want lumber. And to kill all elves. Cept blood elves.

DON'T LEAVE MEEEEE. I DUN WANNA KEEL YOU T_T
90 Orc Hunter
I was originally a spacegoat, I dont think I could ever go back- I have trouble rolling anything other then Orcs now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]