Leather tank gear

90 Night Elf Druid
I think i speak on behalf of all bear tanks and leather tanks alike when i say may we please get leather tank gear with stats unique to us... Plate tanks roll against plate tanks leather tanks roll against rogues, cats, windwalker monks..... At this level in the New expansion any iLvl 489+ piece will be ideal maybe even BiS for me but in the raiding aspect of things when i have to compete against 3 other specs or not being able to farm with certain guild members because of the tendency to gear tanks over dps or even luck of the roll it is unfair... Within Mogu shan Vaults Crit and Mastery are a bear tanks best bet and i see roughly 1 piece of gear out of 6 or 7 bosses that is good for me which might just me being picky but please blizzz it is unfair that plate tanks get a great pieces of gear for them selves with no competition this is just a simple QQ with no punctuation marks to show the seriousness bear tanks have been asking for tanking non tier set pieces since bears had the growl ability please answer the years of pleading..... and maybe an option for gear ( armor ) to be seen on bears maybe not our specific pieces but just some sort of battle garment to wear we would love you for ever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
First, punctuation and the Enter Key are your friend, please use them both.

Second...
10/01/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Drudin
I think i speak on behalf of all bear tanks and leather tanks alike when i say may we please get leather tank gear with stats unique to us...

No you do not. You speak for yourself and yourself only. I and several others are firmly against the idea of additional gear clogging the loot tables and furthermore many of us are in favor of Plate Tanks and Plate DPS sharing gear the same as Druids and Monks.

The rest of your post is just a gear competition whine. We aren't unduly stressed to acquire gear and everyone outside of Holy Paladins must compete with others on all pieces of gear, and most people are pretty meh about the idea of unique gear for them in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We need less tank gear, not more.

Also they need to get rid of spirit plate
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Let's rebalance two tanking specs and bloat loot tables so you have less competition for gear.

Wait.

Let's not.
Edited by Nerfheals on 10/1/2012 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I'd much rather have them find a way for healing palis, plate tanks, and plate dps to share a gear set as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
We have tanking gear.

It's called basically everything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Fasc
No you do not. You speak for yourself and yourself only. I and several others are firmly against the idea

I agree with this. no offense OP
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
10/01/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Fasc
many of us are in favor of Plate Tanks and Plate DPS sharing gear the same as Druids and Monks.

this is my favorite solution. plate should wear gear for plate -wearing classes. tank/DPS distinction should be achieved via reforging, gemming and enchanting.

10/02/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Veliladon
This. Give ret and prot pallies plate gear proficiency. Make holy pallies share spirit mail with shamans.

and add in a passive that increases the armor they get from Mail by X%, so there's no change to that.

the only reason they don't is some bull!@#$ about "mail is designed to look like shaman or hunter gear"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I actually don't mind it since dps stats are more prevalent. As a monk my stat priority is hit/expertise cap then haste with crit and mastery being equal.

Dodge and Parry rating scale horribly for us now and you don't want it on your gear.
Reply Quote
WHERE ARE YOUR PERIODS?!?

Was unable to read as it just all ran together, but i suspect it's something like this:

qq i have to compete with rogues qq.

This isn't a big deal, let's compare what tanks have to compete with:

Plate Tank: Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin (3 builds)

Leather Tank: BM Monk, Guardian Druid, Feral Druid, Rouge, WW Monk (5 builds)

a little more competition, but.. it's balanced out by this:

Plate tanks need two sets of gear for two roles (if paladin, three sets of gear for three roles)

Leather tanks need 1 set of gear for two roles or 2 for 3 roles. DPS and Tank wear the exact same gear. Only farm once!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Kodiakarrest
Yes, I'd much rather have them find a way for healing palis, plate tanks, and plate dps to share a gear set as well.

I would love for this to happen. If they gave a crit or haste to dodge mechanic, I would be in tanking heaven. Paladins already get plenty of parry from strength and block from our mastery. Crit to dodge would be fantastic.

For holy paladins, they could have haste or crit becoming spirit (as well as accomplishing the normal item goal. The only intellect holy paladins would need would be weapon and shield. Everything else would come from strength.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My monk got yelled at yesterday for 'not wearing tank gear'.

When I politely asked the healer to point out the level 50ish leather tanking gear, he spent the next several minutes raging at me for being a bad tank. Ironically, while he was doing so I was continue to clear the trash with my self heals.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I used to feel the same way until I realized that every time I got a new piece of gear to use for tanking the old piece became a dps piece with a quick reforge. It took running a couple of plate tanks to realize that the lack of specialized leather tanking gear is actually an advantage for druids (and now monks) rather than a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Drudin
I think i speak on behalf of all bear tanks and leather tanks alike when i say may we please get leather tank gear with stats unique to us...

I'm willing to bet you didn't play a bear back when we had tanking leather. It was horrible. Our ideal tanking items were few and far between. Because we were balanced around these rare well-itemized pieces, we would be underpowered until we got enough lucky drops, using 'dps leather' to tank. Sometimes we would skip whole tiers because the itemization was so poor it was better just to keep wearing the "tank leather" we already received.

We are much better off now. While plate tanks usually have less competition, especially in 25 man raids, we are able to gear up with a lot less luck today than when we had tanking leather.

As long as we're balanced with the gear available, the actual stats on the gear don't matter. And raids are better off not having gear that only 2 of 34 specs in the game will touch.

As others said, I would much rather see more classes work more like the monk/druid models. But looking at bears (and monks?) in particular, limiting ourselves to a much smaller set of gear for the same level of tanking power is just going backwards.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Plate tanks actually prefer hit, expertise, mastery, and haste as well as monks and bears.

The new tanking model wants all tanks with more dps stats, not for threat but for mitigation.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Plate tanks actually prefer hit, expertise, mastery, and haste as well as monks and bears.

The new tanking model wants all tanks with more dps stats, not for threat but for mitigation.

Stop spreading misinformation in EVERY THREAD. Are you truly this dense?

Warriors DO NOT value haste whatsoever, and value is not the same as PREFER. Guardian druids even prefer crit to hit/expertise.

Monks laugh at mastery.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/2/2012 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
10/03/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Veliladon
Tell me again how itemization has improved. Now we just look for mastery on gear instead of bonus armor and dodge. And if we don't get them we still have to put up with the same !@#$ty itemized pieces.
Our worst secondary stats are ~1/2 of our best.

Instead of 1/10 - 1/20.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Arielle
Tell me again how itemization has improved. Now we just look for mastery on gear instead of bonus armor and dodge. And if we don't get them we still have to put up with the same !@#$ty itemized pieces.
Our worst secondary stats are ~1/2 of our best.

Instead of 1/10 - 1/20.

AGILITY/DODGE ALL THE THINGS?

AGILITY/DODGE ALL THE THINGS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]