- Other folks in my raid or party do not seem to be affected (on two occasions they reported a huge spike in their FPS while I'm suffering a simultaneous drop)
- My normal frame rate is 15 fps (I've got it capped), and I'm fine with that.
- Audio does not seem to be affected.
- I'm on a Mac.
- Mouse clicks and keyboard clicks seem to be affected.
- Happens under Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.8.2
- System and other applications don't seem to be affected.
- Latency does not spike (~30 ms local/world)
- Generally lasts 5-30 seconds, but can happen many times in the same instance.
- Happens in instances and Ogrimmar.
- I'm on a high population server (Tichondrius)
- Same thing happened to me in beta, but wasn't occuring in Cataclysm. It was bad enough I stopped playing the beta and went back to Cataclysm. (Thought it was a just a crowded beta server)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.28f3
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT:
Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
ROM Revision: 3212
Things I've tried:
- Tried with all addons/extensions off
- Killed all non-64 bit processes via activity monitor
- Upgraded RAM from 2 GB to 6 GB
- Upgraded OS from Mac OS 10.6.8 to 10.8.2
- Tried with upgraded and fresh installed 10.8.2
- Tried applying combo update 10.8.2 manually
- Tried capping/limiting FPS to 60 and then to 15
- Tried setting graphics to those recommeneded in the sticky:
Graphics > Display
Vertical Sync: Disabled
Graphics > Graphics
Graphics Slider: Good
Texture Resolution: Good
Texture Filtering: 2x
Projected Textures: Enabled
View Distance: Good
Environmental Detail: Good
Ground Clutter: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Liquid Detail: Low
Particle Density: Good
Triple Buffering; Disabled
Reduce Input Lag: Disabled
Hardware Cursor: Enabled
Notes: Expect 40-50fps.
- Tried setting graphics even lower.
- Deleted Interface/Cache/Data/WTF/Battle.net files
- Tried fresh install of game.
- Removed USB based headset from computer.
- Removed all USB devices other than mouse and keyboard.
- Defragged hard disk.
- Tried /console ffx 0
- Monitored heat sensors, no correlation between heat and problems.