Blood Tanks Topping The Dps Meters!

100 Human Death Knight
The title says it all. Just a quick share with all of you (even though you probably all know) but blood dps can officially exist again! Nah, just kidding, but I'm literally waiting on the edge of my seat for the giant nerf they are going to throw at us. I was pulling 60k on the last boss of shado'pan with no damage increase because I qued with guildies. That's without army (was on cd XD) I can't wait to pull top dps in my guild raid this tuesday if blood damage hasn't been nerfed!

Can I get a Holla for all these top dpsing blood dks?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
You can get a "Holla," it will be a sad day when hunters out DPS me again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It isnt just blood dks. Its a vengeance thing. All tanks are out dpsing dps.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Zalavaaris
It isnt just blood dks. Its a vengeance thing. All tanks are out dpsing dps.

Unless you're a prot paladin *snicker*
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Nobody cares about DPS in 5 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's a L2P issue if a tank is beating dps on bosses. Even trash for the most part its a L2p issue if you are a dk / war at least.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
totally a Vengeance thing.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
10/02/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Rhonà
totally a Vengeance thing.

Having a bonus 20k ap has nothing to do with it.

What a silly idea.
Edited by Woran on 10/2/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
10/02/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Esial
It's a L2P issue if a tank is beating dps on bosses. Even trash for the most part its a L2p issue if you are a dk / war at least.

!@#$%es don't know about my vengeance.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
Prot pally and monk single target is pretty bad, even with vengeance. Not sure about warrior and druid, because I can't vouch from personal experience.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If the dps aren't beating the tank even if their vengence is high. Then who ever is playing the dps roles are horrible. Yes tanks can do a lot of dps with high AP, but really it's not enough to push them over a dps.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Most of the dps that i've seen yet aren't anywhere near hit cap or expertise capped if they use expertise and that's a huge factor in their damage. Tanks have always been able to hit higher than what you would expect because of vengeance. Most dps aren't anywhere near geared this early on in the expac either which is also a huge factor. Things should start getting better here in about a week or so would be my guess.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Criptos
If the dps aren't beating the tank even if their vengence is high. Then who ever is playing the dps roles are horrible. Yes tanks can do a lot of dps with high AP, but really it's not enough to push them over a dps.

On bosses dps do more, I was talking about aoe trash pulls which dont matter anyway. I figured the OP was also. Tanks do like 300k on big aoe pulls.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
control undead is fun.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I was the highest damage on a Sha of Anger pull as a blood. But it was because I was tanking the Boss, his adds and was flagged and had some players trying to kill me on top of tanking CC targets. I was even CC'd quite a bit by horde players and still was the largest damage done. In a long boss fight like that I was always taking damage of some kind so my AP grew and grew. Granted my highest death strike was only in the 120k range and my dps was just 58k. The 2nd highest damage done was a warrior. I do wager lacking hit/expertise caps probably hurt most.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Its is and will be like this at the start of every expansion (Since Cata) due to vengeance. As the expansion grows DPS stats will scale much much better for dps than for tanks. So these are our glory days. Cherish them coz you wont see them again till the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/02/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Seraphion
Regularly doing 50k to 60k on bosses, pushed 175k or so on an aoe pack last night. Its humorous to be sure, but tanks shouldn't be pumping out those kinds of numbers. >.>

It's an artifact of the way threat is generated; Vengeance is designed to give tanks a boost to their AP so that they generate more threat and don't have goofballs like me pulling off of them without trying (though in my runs with my friends, I will STILL pull off the tank at every opportunity). Later in the expansion, it'll balance out, but this is the new normal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
hit/exp caps are unattainable until you get some heroic 5 man or better gear.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Death Knight
On trash and aoe pull it helps a lot , single target damage is acceptable considering all tanking class do heavy damage on aoe , but same for lot of class , warrior bladestorm and warlock flame hits for more than 120k in aoe pulls . high dps helps a lot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]