Compilation of Rogue Nerfs

91 Undead Rogue

It depends how you look at it. Most Rogues used Shiv for the on-demand snare. That was pretty much it's main use from introduction to the end of Cata. They removed that in MOP with the 10s CD. With classes still having their own special ways of removing snares outside of dispel mechanics, it hurts. Really bad. :(

I'd gladly go back to the old Shiv. While, with Leeching and Paralytic, it's pretty cool. It's not worth losing that on-demand snare.

Hmm I suppose as Combat I never did use it for the on-demand snare in cata (always had MN, or a second Wound on my offhand). CURSE YOU AND YOUR REMOVAL OF BLADE TWISTING AND WAYLAY, BLIZZ!!

OH HEY! Those are things you can add to this list. The un-dispellable snares are gone.
Edited by Kiljagen on 10/2/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
Aren't other people just staggered by the number of nerfs?

I don't think I've seen a class this nerfed before, it is just crazy.

Dafuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq!!!!

I guess you never played a Warrior, in Vanilla. Every patch that came out, Warriors got a nerf bat and other classes got a buff. Now it's our turn!!!

And vanilla was how long ago?

There is this thing called learning that happens as people -- and game companies -- get older and wiser. Crapping your pants is OK when you are a kid, and gutting a class when you are trying to balance things is OK when a game is a year old. But crapping your pants as a grown-up is not OK except in certain very specific social situations.

Everyone has been focused on the ShS vs. Prep issue, but I think the larger context is this: we got nerfed in the damage, control, and survivability all at the same time. Really the only thing we have is some utility and that's really not that great.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
You guys need buffs bad and alot of these stupid classes (spriest/mages/locks/warriors/frost dk need nerfs asap

the fact that they gave us hunters readiness baseline but took away prep baseline from yall is uncalled for and ghostcrawler and his staff deserves to be fired for it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Now, this is just me observing while I'm running around doing quests and whatnot, but I don't know if the problem with rogues is so much the CD's are now higher, (which does suck), or if something within our haste conversion isn't working correctly.

From what I can see, my rogue is sitting at 2,642 haste which is 16.84% haste with 10.62 energy regen per second. Wailing on either a mob or a target dummy while watching my energy bar, I don't think this is the case. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm observing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I didn't understand how bad it was until i saw this post. Many of our core abilities were given higher cooldowns, we rely on cooldowns....

On top of that they gave us no more sustainable damage, and actually reduced that as well

I dont understand what your goal with rogues is

Im am really looking for a blue post

I never post on the forums but this is ridiculous, please blizz I just want some thoughts and reasoning on your rogue changes (this is mostly pvp wise, pve will be pve)

I agree. If I could hear some justification to what they did, at least I could understand the reasoning. At this point, it seems like someone just really disliked rogues and wanted us to 'feel the pain'. I might expect this from other game companies, to allow such a broken aspect of the game, but this has been going on from the beta, through 5.0.4 and now it is very apparent now that 5.0.5 has dropped. Are they trying to lose subscriptions?
Reply Quote
This...is...madness.

Oh wait never mind, this is Blizzard. -_-
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
there shouldnt be any !@#$ing turns it should all be about equal
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Chubbsmalone
+15% healing received from Fleet Footed completely removed

Was 20% with quickening in cata

Throw doesn't proc poisons

Ambush costs 60 energy outside of dance

Shadowstep nerfed

There are a few more, I just can't remember them off the top of my head

Dafuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq!!!!

I guess you never played a Warrior, in Vanilla. Every patch that came out, Warriors got a nerf bat and other classes got a buff. Now it's our turn!!!

Just...no...stop please. Except for one season, warriors have been fine if not gods. Infact:

This. Doesn't. Relate. To. Warriors.
Edited by Sinsbad on 10/2/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/02/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Dizeê
the fact that they gave us hunters readiness baseline but took away prep baseline from yall is uncalled for and ghostcrawler and his staff deserves to be fired for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Common blue post... do something for once -.-
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
VIP
I was so excited for this expansion....then I made the mistake of leveling my rogue. /cry irl
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/02/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Sinsbad
Shadowstep nerfed

Wat.
ShS is pro now with the ability to step to anyone* (hint, hint eat traps n stuff). The damage bonus being removed is not that big of a deal.
Edited by Equilibríum on 10/2/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/02/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Equilibríum
Shadowstep nerfed

Wat.
ShS is pro now with the ability to step to anyone* (hint, hint eat traps n stuff). The damage bonus being removed is not that big of a deal.

Wat.

Seems you are missing the big picture. Did you not see the huge nerfs and class imbalances against the rogue?? A single rework of a ability does not forgive the stack of nerfs against us and buffs to other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/02/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Equilibríum
Shadowstep nerfed

Wat.

Eh....just because it CAN be used for something does not mean its PIRATICAL to use it for that.

I mean...with the CD at 24sec...are you really going to be using to eat traps for an ally that often? Considering it is your ONLY mobility outside a 1min CD.
Reply Quote
Its not just the nerfs, but also the buffs made to certain classes that made the effect alot worse.

when you look at pallies with a type of blind, nd priests with a type of vanish all on short cds all druids if they want a 50 kidney shot, everyone with speed inc effects and snare breaks. That is what has made it worse. Its the long !@# cds on it all and the nothing new no cool gimicks that have made it pretty $%^-ty imo. You have to be flawless with everything being on that long a cd, other classes dont have to
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Don't forget recup was also nerfed severely now it only heals 1%/s which is completely laughable. It barely does anything in pve while questing.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Rogue
Seems like even garrote damage got nerfed quite a bit. And it sucked in the first place...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]