Taming Eastern Kingdoms issue?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I just recently defeated all the tamers for this achievement with the help of my alliance alt, and it's not registering it completed on my Blood Elf as completed even tho every tamer is checked off.
Reply Quote
I'm having that same problem. It was awarded on my Alli toon, but not my Horde main.
As an interesting aside, I was able to pick up the account-wide quests that I'd already completed, AGAIN, from Audrey Burnhep in Stormwind.

Gotta love new features, they are always buggy. All in all I'm pleased with the Pet Battle system. It'll all get fixed eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Hopefully before 5.1 Pet Battles will be fixed, I mean they're like 85% Great, just the Last lil 15% that could be tweaked.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Hunter
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that you could satisfy the criteria for meta-achievements on multiple toons (like holiday titles and heroic dungeon stuff), but would have to satisfy the criteria of a simple list achievement (liek the one you posted about and the loremaster requirements within a single zone) on a single toon. That might be the issue.

A different way to look at it: Any of your toons can complete 140 quests in Icecrown to get all of your toons the achievement, but they can't work together to get it (your pally getting 60 quests in Icecrown and your Hunter getting 80 quests, for example).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't see how my Horde Toon can battle the Alliance only tamers then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Alliance characters appear to have the reverse problem (Kalimdor Tamer doesn't show up as achieved when logged in with an alliance character).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am having a similar issue. When I found out about those guys being alliance only, I logged to my dwarf shaman. Thing was, he had not fought any of them, but he had the achievement completed. But I did the quests, beat them all, but my horde toons dont have the achievement although the guys are all greened out in it. I put in a ticket about it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm having this issue as well. It's not even checking off the tamers that I've battled. I've battled maybe the first 10 or so and the achievement page isn't even acknowledging that I've started pursuing it at all.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest
I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that you could satisfy the criteria for meta-achievements on multiple toons (like holiday titles and heroic dungeon stuff), but would have to satisfy the criteria of a simple list achievement (liek the one you posted about and the loremaster requirements within a single zone) on a single toon. That might be the issue.

A different way to look at it: Any of your toons can complete 140 quests in Icecrown to get all of your toons the achievement, but they can't work together to get it (your pally getting 60 quests in Icecrown and your Hunter getting 80 quests, for example).

Both the EK and Kalemdor achievements are flagged as account wide, so you should be able to do each step on any character. Things like the single zone Loremaster achievements are not flagged as account-wind for progress, only the metas.

(Not to mention that my Alliance character has the EK achievement, even though it was my Horde toon that did the higher level pet battles.)

Simply put, it's bugged right now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I have the reverse problem, Kalimdor is all checked off but not complete. On top of that, I have the achievement for EK but I haven't actually defeated the last tamer yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I made a horde and got all the quests done on kalimdor, my ally toon now doesn't have the achie filled, but has the achievement in the meta.

Check your meta ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LNC
10/03/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Ryxl
I have the reverse problem, Kalimdor is all checked off but not complete. On top of that, I have the achievement for EK but I haven't actually defeated the last tamer yet.

I think I have the same problem. I did all of this achievement on an Alliance toon, since I can't seem to do it as Horde.

http://i.imgur.com/dppXz.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is one of the bugs where I feel it's better to move along, they'll be working on it, and in any case under certain conditions this will fill your achie for the meta in any case (it does on mine) failing that, go horde side with a DK

get every quest

go to the quest on ally, and you can fight them

that way you've proven 9 ways from sunday that it has been done, you will get credit for it in the end ^_^. I have all the pets in kalimdor, sadly I must wait for the two that for some reason don't exist and/or are not in season. Such is life >:S
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
OP: I have this issue as well, and also none of my pet battle with tamers dailies are available.

Also, we should be able to battle pet tamers as many times as we want, quest or no quest. The XP gains from those fights feels right on the mark, unlike the pittance we get from random battles in the field.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Just switched to my Horde character, and now it's reversed...credit for Kalimdor, no credit for EK even though everything is checked. Both are counted on he meta.
Edited by Ryxl on 10/3/2012 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I have the same issue. I put in a ticket and I was given the standard "we can't just give you an achievement" response. They suggested I go do it again, even though in my achievement tab every one is marked off. Unfortunately it was responded to when I was offline, so I didn't get to actually explain it to the GM.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I also still have the Taming Eastern Kingdoms bug, where it shows all of them checked but it is still greyed out as if I haven't gotten it.

Edit: Does beating a tamer for a quest not count towards the achievement?

Taming the World is also bugged for me. I started out with 38/45 today, and so far I have beaten three tamers in Pandaria. I actually have 41 wins now, but the Taming the World counter (in game) still shows 38/45, even though the quest is updated and shows I beat three Pandaria tamers.

Edit#2: I finished Taming Pandaria and Taming the World and got credit for both, but Taming Eastern Kingdoms still shows greyed out :-/
Edited by Nancee on 10/17/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/17/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Truxi
I have the same issue. I put in a ticket and I was given the standard "we can't just give you an achievement" response. They suggested I go do it again, even though in my achievement tab every one is marked off. Unfortunately it was responded to when I was offline, so I didn't get to actually explain it to the GM.

Unfortunately this appears to be Blizzard's response as soon as the word 'achievement' is put into a ticket. I submitted a bug report as well as a ticket for the same issue.

The hotfix notes say that the UI display will be incorrect but that as of 5.1 achievements should display correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]