Cant Add Emails

90 Human Death Knight
Hello.

For some reason, I can not add a person by email.
I open friends list, click add friend, type in their email and then it says 'Player not found'. I have done this with other friends and it always says the same thing.

I want to know because one of my friends is changing servers.

Is it because of Parental controls? If so, how do I change that?
Do I need a Battletag?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Âzzarth on 9/28/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I created a Battletag named Azzarth but my friend said I am not supposed to call it that. Is it possible to change the name? Or is it fine?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Âzzarth
I created a Battletag named Azzarth but my friend said I am not supposed to call it that. Is it possible to change the name? Or is it fine?

It's fine. Battletags are just a unique identifier to an account that doesn't involve your real name or contact info. If you want to be known as that character's name by your battletag friend's, then have at it.

The e-mail address is for RealID, kinda like Battletags, but it gives them your real life name and e-mail address. So only give RealID out to people you really don't mind the possibility of that person tracking you down IRL. Since the internet is entirely anonymous and you never know who you're giving your info out to, I'd say save RealID for people you actually know IRL, like RL friends and family.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

It's fine. Battletags are just a unique identifier to an account that doesn't involve your real name or contact info. If you want to be known as that character's name by your battletag friend's, then have at it.

The e-mail address is for RealID, kinda like Battletags, but it gives them your real life name and e-mail address. So only give RealID out to people you really don't mind the possibility of that person tracking you down IRL. Since the internet is entirely anonymous and you never know who you're giving your info out to, I'd say save RealID for people you actually know IRL, like RL friends and family.

Ah, thank you.
My friend and I were discussing on how to activate Real ID. We tried figuring it out and he said to add Real ID you had to turn Parental Control off. I didn't know how to do that, my parents said I couldn't do it because it was not possible.

He tried to guide me through it and told me what to click but eventually we got around to it and my parents ticked the first box for the Real ID. Didn't work, so we clicked all boxes to do with Real ID. Now I am waiting for him to come back on to try....
Edited by Âzzarth on 9/29/2012 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
We got it all figured out! Everything works now!
Also, we added each other, but somehow he knew my name. How? He said it showed up on on my Battletag.

Is it true? It doesn't bother me, just curious.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you add someone on realID their real name is visible to you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
We got it all figured out! Everything works now!
Also, we added each other, but somehow he knew my name. How? He said it showed up on on my Battletag.

Is it true? It doesn't bother me, just curious.

He now knows your real name and you now know his. That's why I said that it's best to use Battletags and NOT RealID. Battletags you remain anonymous with a made up name you chose yourself, RealID they see you on their friend's list as your real life name.
Reply Quote
27 Undead Warlock
hi im new to adding friends on Wow but me and my friend are trying to send each other a request by email and it sends it, but neither of us get the request. i checked my settings and everything and everything is fine, he even has other friends that i know on there.
so whats wrong?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]