Hostile mob follows me around everywhere

90 Night Elf Druid
I have a hostile Slingtail Treeleaper Hozen following me around everywhere. It does not attack me or keep me in combat. It evades attacks when I try to kill it. It has persisted through flightpaths, log outs, and game exits. If I hearth to Stormwind, it does not follow, but comes right back when I return to Pandaria. I put in a ticket and a GM kindly looked into it for me, but said they did not see it. I was logged out when they responded, so this may have been why. I did not put in another ticket due to the understandable wait times. A GM would most likely respond while I am offline, and I do not want to waste their time. Other players are able to see it, but it also evades their attacks. It has followed me for almost 3 days now and is very annoying. Please help!

Edit: Just minutes after posting this, the mob actually started attacking me and I was finally able to kill it. With great pleasure I might add!
Edited by Myntz on 9/30/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Confirmed. I've also seen a player being followed by one. Didn't try attacking it, but it was in the middle of a village, and not attacking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Exact same problem on my pally, does interfere with questing. If I pull large mobs and throw my shield, he is usually one of the targets hit, he evades, shield keeps going. I would rather shield hit one of the three actual npc's that can take damage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
AF
I have this going on right now. It is driving me nuts because he is always standing in front of me. Since i am a demo lock I have my pet like 6 imps and him. its pure chaos on my screen and it is driving me freaking bonkers!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Loxy
I have this going on right now. It is driving me nuts because he is always standing in front of me. Since i am a demo lock I have my pet like 6 imps and him. its pure chaos on my screen and it is driving me freaking bonkers!

Have you tried dying, out of curiosity? That might get rid of the annoying little pest.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
11/18/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Tindomerel

Have you tried dying, out of curiosity? That might get rid of the annoying little pest.

It doesn't. he even shows up at the graveyard to follow your ghost if you give him enough time to get to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
KA
This issue seems remarkably similar to the Ashweb Weaver issue back in October.
For me the mob disappeared after the server reset.

My question would be, did the mob originally 'hang' from an object. Like a tree or something. I wonder if that may be common to both mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]