I feel super weak at lvl 90

I don't get how I have 200k+ more mana and about 2k more spell power. Shouldn't spell power be a little higher? My DPS was good around 35k when I was 85, now it's hardly 25k. It just doesn't add up for me, what's the point of leveling 5 more levels if I don't feel any stronger then I did 5 levels ago.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Because 5 levels ago you probably had full top tier raid gear, now you're a fresh 90 with (likely) barely adequate equipment. The stats required to do even the same things do scale with level so you need better gear to be stronger.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
As you gained levels, you probably noticed your stats scaling down. You will need to replace your quest greens and blues with dungeon/heroic gear. Also, if you're doing heroics, you might notice you are missing quite a bit. The heroic dungeon hit cap is 12% (4080), and currently you are only at 4.79%. That would be a major cause of DPS loss. I can assure you that Mages are performing quite well in both world boss raids with 39 other people, and in heroic dungeon runs. The major complaint now concerns our level 90 talents being tedious and "not fun".
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
combat ratings
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I'm pulling 50k+ easy... and that was 4-6 ilvls ago
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/30/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Glacea

lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
09/30/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Glacea

With what? Frost AoE?

I'm pulling 150k on that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/30/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Pewpewblast

With what? Frost AoE?

I'm pulling 150k on that.

only 150k aoe dps? /thread
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Even at 12% hit I'm seeing DK's doing like 70k dps while I'm only able to do around 20 with small groups of mobs in heroics. Dunno what the heck I'm doing wrong. Have tried both frost and arcane.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Is frost bomb really the best to have? I've been using it, just wondering if something else might work out better. I do get good dps when I frost bomb/frost orb/ice lance groups but on single target my dps is rather weak.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Anyone who says they do "this amound of dps" Is obviously mistaken. I honestly hate it when people take their actual current dps standings, and then adding 10! Personally I'm still experimenting to see which is the best ST dps, and so far I've come to the conclusion that it's arcane. While frost certainly is up there for for ST and does considerably more aoe when theres 6+ mobs arcane does better otherwise. The reason I say 6 is because of arcane barrage's ability at 6 stacks of arcane charge. I'm not really full heroic gear yet but ST I can pull about 35-40k depending on the fight. Because of our 90 talent if a fight requires you to move around alot then Incanters ward would be the best since you dont have time to channel an evo or stand in a RoP. Otherwise for standstill fights I'd prefer RoP so I dont waste 6seconds casting evo every 40seconds.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Coorslite
I don't get how I have 200k+ more mana and about 2k more spell power. Shouldn't spell power be a little higher? My DPS was good around 35k when I was 85, now it's hardly 25k. It just doesn't add up for me, what's the point of leveling 5 more levels if I don't feel any stronger then I did 5 levels ago.

Still pre-raid and I'm up 5k spell power so far. Just keep gearing up and things will bet better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
you have to remember that everything scales. being in full 463 blues is equivilent to beaing in ful 346 blues in cata.. were you impressed w your damage then ?

Comparing damage in full bis gear at end of expansion to greensand blues and begining of expansion is kinda apples to oranges..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
10/01/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Mageski

Still pre-raid and I'm up 5k spell power so far. Just keep gearing up and things will bet better.

We really aren't. Maybe a couple changes to the 90 talent but at the moment were not the top for ST. Dps should be only taken into account for ST fights, this doesn't include any adds. Even with a single add our numbers can greatly increase, due to frost bomb and arcane barrage. At the moment I can pull about 40-50k ST without an add but 60k is still a dream untill I get better gear, and Im almost full heroic
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Kenpachï

We really aren't. Maybe a couple changes to the 90 talent but at the moment were not the top for ST. Dps should be only taken into account for ST fights, this doesn't include any adds. Even with a single add our numbers can greatly increase, due to frost bomb and arcane barrage. At the moment I can pull about 40-50k ST without an add but 60k is still a dream untill I get better gear, and Im almost full heroic

Not sure what any of this has to do with my post.
Reply Quote
Im pulling 40-50k comfortably in my gear :s
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Fire is the only logical raiding spec atm. Arcane does horrible dps without crit and Frost is heavily dependent on procs. So, Fire is the only one that has the best 'control' over their pyroblast proc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The issue I see is that as we level, our secondary stats tank... yeah, we need gear to regain it... BUT I just hit 88 and my Hit fell 2 percentage points (it was 11.85 for 5 mans, and that took some doing to get to it). I'm simply not at all sure I can reforge 2 full percentage points back, so given that they have ALSO add 4 (FOUR) percentage points to hit capping dungeons, if I go into dungeons looking to gear up, I'm going to be really gimped.

I don't get it, they reduced the hit cap for raiding from 17 to 15, but stuck it to those on the path TO raiding?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]