Golden Lotus

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I gather herbs between battle ground queues. I usually find between 3-5 golden lotus nodes per night. I play for about 3-4 hours but really I am farming herbs for less than an hour of that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.

If the capabilities exist for shared spawn points, is there a way to implement it full-on in cross-realm zones? I'm loving MoP, but concerned that the issues plaguing current cross-ream zones is going to bleed over and destroy what I'm enjoying in MoP if/when CRZ is implemented in Pandaria.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I've seen 2 ever. One right in the first area after dropping from the airship when my skill was too low to pick it. The other last night when I was on my hunter who isn't an herbalist. I've picked a lot of herbs. Enough to max Inscription and almost max Alchemy and never picked a Golden Lotus.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You can also grow Motes of Harmony at your farm when you reach Revered with The Tillers. Then in turn use those to purchase Golden Lotus
Edited by Shigar on 10/5/2012 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I did extensive farming to when raising herbalism to max when I was 85. My bank and bags are overflowing with herbs. On top of that I mouse over most nodes as I leveled. I have found maybe 10-ish Lotus. It really, really sucks.

Note, I'm not upset or anything. It is just very painful. Without flying I don't see how I would be able to collect meaningful amounts without quite a bit of searching. Even when I get a flying mount, I suspect it will still suck. So much of the expansion has been great. I love how much more plentiful the other herbs are. Makes it so you don't even need to use an addon to search for them or mining.

The way things are now, I don't see how a causual / medium player would be able to get any lotus. They either have to go to the AH or buy using Harmony. Leveling I now have 3 total Spirit of Harmony... ugh.

I have played a ton and the Spirit of Harmony and Lotus have been so very rare. Bleh. Ironic to remove some of the grinding elsewhere, but still have this.

Again, no upset or anything. This is the best xpac by orders of magnatude by far. Has been very enjoyable.

ps. Sorry for the rambling, was up all night playing ;)
pps. The amount of mats for choosing a alchemist specialty is nuts. Again, how would a non-hardcore manage?
Edited by Truestrike on 10/5/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have 26 or so in my bags right now.

(You can trade 1 Spirit of Harmony for 3 Golden Lotus at Shrine of the Seven Stars!)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I've seen a total of 3
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/05/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Ignatowski
I'm finishing up the 3rd zone and I've only found one. However, this guy had 14 hours at level 87 after more than a week of playing.
If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
I didn't not know this. I'll quit throwing out the motes then. (thinks of 30 or more dead motes and cringes)

May I suggest you check out this blog post? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6968167

It should help you to understand a bit more about what you can do with them. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
here is what i did. cant fly, so?! i got all the FP i would fly to each one. when i seen a golden lotus it would usually be close to one of the flight paths. get off FP grab golden and cont.
Reply Quote
As long as Blizzard seems open to rethinking some of the loot/rep grinds and being kinder to alts, how about changing the BOPB nature of Spirit of Harmony's? At least make them BOA please.

Reading about someone throwing them away is darn near heartbreaking!
Edited by Tyburn on 10/5/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Blizz needs to up the drop rate on these babies OR let a spirit of harmony buy you a whole stack.

Granted it is a great gold making opportunity for herbalists but right now I am spending 1200g per night buying 4 flasks for raiding.

This is NOT sustainable for raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a conjecture that those of you getting 2+ lotus per node must have Bountiful Bags. Not everyone has that guild perk. =/
Reply Quote
I've picked about 6. But thats cause I pick every herb possible. Sometimes you get lucky..

But green tea leaf..Ive made around 9,000 gold just from them
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Level 87 on my drood (who also mines) and have found 2 (both on the first day). All my xp is from mining/herbing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
1 spirit of harmory = 3 golden lotus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I've found about 30 so far on my Herbalist/Miner. He also has 11 Spirits of Harmony saved up, so I can have 33 more if I really wanted to.

Also, as you level up rep with the Tillers you can effectively farm for Golden Lotus, either by planting Songbell Seeds to grow Motes of Harmony, or by planting the seeds that turn into random Pandaria herb spawns, which includes Golden Lotus.

After one particularly long dry-spell of not seeing any nodes for a while, I had to laugh when I came across THREE golden lotus nodes on my minimap at once, one of which produced 2 of the herb.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Warrior
10/05/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Nethaera
I'm finishing up the 3rd zone and I've only found one. However, this guy had 14 hours at level 87 after more than a week of playing.I didn't not know this. I'll quit throwing out the motes then. (thinks of 30 or more dead motes and cringes)

May I suggest you check out this blog post? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6968167

It should help you to understand a bit more about what you can do with them. :)

That's a great blog post, I've seen it before. The problem is much of the gaming community will never know it exists. There needs to be some kind of breadcrumb trail to this vendor early on so people know not to do what that poster did.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I've found around 10 so far, I think I have found the majority of mine in Valley of the Four Winds. Lucked out one day and found 2 back to back. Just luck of the draw, can farm for hours and get none, can farm for 15 minutes and get multiple. Frustrating but it is what it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]