Golden Lotus

100 Night Elf Rogue
Admittedly I've only been through two zones so far, but have only seen ONE. I mouse over almost every node.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/30/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Drimkalie
Yes I know that they can be bought from a vendor.

I wish we could trade the opposite. Give the vendor a Golden Lotus for a Spirit of Harmony.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The rarity of Golden Lotus has actually made me quite a large amount of money. Not because I'm an herbalist, far from it. I'm an alchemist/enchanter, meaning the only use I personally have for motes is to transmute more Living Steel for 3 spirits each... and exchanging those spirits for 9 Lotus and putting them on the AH (Or AHing flasks made with them) makes me SO much more money.

Yeah, I can see why people really would want a better spawn rate. Sad that specializing in picking herbs is a sub-par way to get the best herb of the expansion.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I got 3 in about 10 hours of farming both herbs and ore on my alt last weekend (no flying). I used them for the alch quest on my main.

Forget flasks, friends are on their own this xpack unless they provide the lotus :p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I remember a Blue Twitter comment to the effect that "seeing another person should be a good thing, not a hassle". As soon as you folks make *all* group loot individualized, all quest mob kills aoe credit, have faster respawns on ground-based quest items, and profession resources more like archaeology (i.e. seen only be the person harvesting), I'll start welcoming the sight of other people in the zone.

Goes to show how out of touch the Blue who wrote that Twitter post is with how the game actually is. There's no GM presence anymore, so all of the stuff that's a hassle in one zone is now amplified by multiple realms being mashed together, and there's no referree. Reporting function is essentially disabled. Looks like nobody cares.

For as long as this is not the case, I'm never going to see other people out in the wild as anything other than potential ninjas. Sorry.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Edited by Lydiapandora on 10/5/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've picked 4-5 Golden Lotus so far. One in Krasarang Wilds, one in Valley of the Four Winds but the rest in Kun-Lai Summit. There were a couple I came across while on other toons but were gone by the time I could get my herbalist there. I haven't tried taking my herbalist into Townlong or Dread Wastes yet.

This toon doesn't need SoH so I just use it to buy Golden Lotus for guild flasks. A couple of other guilds are going to do the same since they don't have any overwhelming need for them either. I know Blizzard will probably break down and make them BoA soon but I'm not going to hoard them for my other toons when they are useful now.
Edited by Joynal on 10/5/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I have found 2 so far. I thought I was really unlucky until I found this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm planting harmony and getting them that way, should be able to make the cauldrons for raiding that way.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

For as long as this is not the case, I'm never going to see other people out in the wild as anything other than potential ninjas. Sorry.

I'm on a PvP realm. I'm seeing them as competition all the time. ;) And I love it. But that's just me. Other's experiences may be different obviously.

I also found two nodes very near each other up on Mt. Neverest just yesterday. I believe they each gave two or three each.
Edited by Nethaera on 10/5/2012 1:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Prob around 22 on my herbalist. Probably around .01 percent of what i have picked though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

I'm on a PvP realm. I'm seeing them as competition all the time. ;) And I love it. But that's just me. Other's experiences may be different obviously.

I also found two nodes very near each other up on Mt. Neverest just yesterday. I believe they each gave two or three each.

I also found two Golden Lotus nodes on Mount Neverest earlier today (in fairly close proximity).
Edited by Jeina on 10/5/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.

Right now Golden Lotus are 375g per on my server. To make a spirit flask would cost me 391g 48s 16c at current rates. 1 Spirit flask is ~400g. I will need two per night, 3 nights per week for an estimated 2400g a week in raiding material cost just for flasks.

Given that the game no longer drops BoE epics or really any other valuable matieral, how do you intend for guilds to pay for the massive expenses of raiding?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.

Paralysis, grab node.

I've found about a dozen of them while leveling this character.

On the other hand... forward to the guys up there that Water Spirits don't drop for Monks. I want those. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Stop telling people you can buy golden lotus with spirit of harmonies! Your ruining my money maker! I made 4k from 18 golden lotus's.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I have found 4 so far, 3 in the wild and one in the Niuzao Temple dungeon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]