Shadow Priest's damage

90 Human Warrior
Hey this is the thing: i was fighting a shaman on a bg when BOOM i'm dead. Wtf is that?

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ASKING FOR BUFFS, BUT FOR ADVICE.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/priestdamage.jpg/

what could i have done?
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
Elemental shaman is a RNG spec, he got some lucky procs on lava burst. Flame shock guarantees a critical lava burst, so use mass dispel if its on you, or have a teammate do this. Other than tremor totem, ele shaman is screwed vs fear, so make a macro to target the tremor totem and kill it.

Honestly, this is the only class I have trouble vs as a spriest at my level. However, if I keep them feared and on the defensive I can win. If they force you on the defensive when you dont have a fear CD up say goodbye because they are going to burst you into oblivion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Elemental shaman is a RNG spec, he got some lucky procs on lava burst. Flame shock guarantees a critical lava burst, so use mass dispel if its on you, or have a teammate do this. Other than tremor totem, ele shaman is screwed vs fear, so make a macro to target the tremor totem and kill it.

Honestly, this is the only class I have trouble vs as a spriest at my level. However, if I keep them feared and on the defensive I can win. If they force you on the defensive when you dont have a fear CD up say goodbye because they are going to burst you into oblivion.

Did you see the screenshot?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah, they really need to tone down Flame Shock damage.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
Hey this is the thing: i was fighting a shaman on a bg when BOOM i'm dead. Wtf is that?

what could i have done?

Pay attention.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Shadow Priests have become much more proc-y/burst-y since the changes in 5.0. I don't PvP but I've noticed as PvE it's that way. In a few ways I feel like a Cata PvE Frost Mage in terms of ramping up and preparing for procs.

P.S. Anyone know what UI that is? It's pretty sweet.
Edited by Lunanox on 10/1/2012 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Lol'd...I have no help for you cause my priest doesn't hit like that...but I love the comments about Lava Burst doing you in.....What can you do, it looked like MB crit and they had 3 orbs up on DP and it crit as well. The only thing someone can say is obvious to you....you lost who was targeting you making it impossible to counter him...essentially allowing him to cast uninterrupted into you.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/01/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Ekyidag

Well when you were fighting the shaman a shadow priest came in and got 3 lucky crits on you....there was nothing you could do there.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Probably had 'zerker as well. My priest has almost full heroic/epic crafted gear and I only see numbers like that in PvE with full group buffs.
Edited by Frakctals on 10/1/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Alocin

Well when you were fighting the shaman a shadow priest came in and got 3 lucky crits on you....there was nothing you could do there.

I believe those were not crits, the combat log would show the "Critical" after the damage value. I mean, it's supposed to.

By the time i posted this i didn't know orbs increased damage taken so badly. I think i had one when he hit me like that. Thanks for the info guys <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
How did mindblast hit you for 100k...
Mine hit for about 40k. And I think combat log says "crits you for" if its a crit right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mine hit for about 40k. And I think combat log says "crits you for" if its a crit right?

Highstacking of mastery + berserking buff + trinket procs
Edited by Iziren on 10/4/2012 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
were you in the temple of kotmogu? There is no way he's hitting for that much without a LOT of help from buffs/debuffs

lol mastery? You know what mastery does for spriests right?
Edited by Getright on 10/4/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/03/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Underminded
Don't worry, at lvl 90 in organized pvp spriest just gets tunneled by melee and destroyed.

and not so much anymore
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Iziren

yep it's the mastery alright.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Orbs are just now combo points for Devouring Plague and Horror. The new Mastery has a % chance to have your DoTs tick twice, it doesn't affect Mind Blast, or the initial hit of DP at all.

I have no idea what's going on, SW:Death does not hit for 103,292. Did you both of you have Berserking on? (so you took more damage?)
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Mage
I have no idea what's going on, SW:Death does not hit for 103,292. Did you both of you have Berserking on? (so you took more damage?)

Could still be using the old 2 piece set bonus. Pretty sure I was getting 100k SWD crits on mobs with it at 88 or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]