3v3 Arena

90 Night Elf Druid
With the season starting tomorrow I'm curious to know how many people on this realm are looking forward to playing 3v3. This can just be a fun thread in which we talk about our 3v3 experiences ^.^

I'm also curious to know the following questions. You can completely ignore them or fill them out in your responses :p

What comp will you be playing?
What rating / ladder spot are you looking to obtain?
Do you feel like your comp is strong compared to others?
Are you hopeful that the implementation of PvP Power will remove PvE gear from arena, or do you think blizzard will manage to make a trinket or weapon so hilariously overpowered that it can't help but give an unfair advantage?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What are the best 3's comp since patch 5.0 with a hunter? they seem like they shud be viable, or should i reroll QQ
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/01/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Oditracka
What are the best 3's comp since patch 5.0 with a hunter? they seem like they shud be viable, or should i reroll QQ

PHDK is gonna be sexy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm thinking KFC is gonna be real strong.

Warriors don't die if they don't want to/do insane damage. Maybe have like a resto druid or some !@#$, not sure how good hpalas are atm, but I'm sure KFC should do real well.

Beast Cleave probably will have a nice comeback, too. Enhance shamans seem pretty good atm, and BM is the only viable spec, so it seems like it could do real well. Sad how BM is the only viable spec, w/e.

I'm probably gonna be playing PHD with a priest healer.
If anyone is interested in watching my arena game play, I'll most likely start streaming it again.

www.Athenelive.com/brykon

Nothing set in stone of when or how often I'll be streaming, but I recently got some emails from him saying his site is going to be changing a lot from prior, so if goes expected, you guys can check it out there. ;D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ima be trying TreeSG as UH with a fury warrior all of the warrior nuke and all of the DK NS/Sustained pretty sure TreeSG and TSG with a Frost DK will be nuts I just dont enjoy frost.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Oditracka

Hunter/Lock/Healer

Hunter/Warrior/Healer

Unholy isn't looking as strong as it used to be right now. That could change when people get fully geared, for that reason PHD might not be as strong. We'll have to wait and see.

Rogues, while having low mobility, still do a ton of on target damage. Thug cleave could be strong.

And never forget jungle cleave, hunter/feral/healer is quiet good.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

What comp will you be playing?
What rating / ladder spot are you looking to obtain?
Do you feel like your comp is strong compared to others?
Are you hopeful that the implementation of PvP Power will remove PvE gear from arena, or do you think blizzard will manage to make a trinket or weapon so hilariously overpowered that it can't help but give an unfair advantage?

1) No idea. Hopefully MLD or WLD cuz i like symbiosis but I dont got no friends :P

2) I Got Rival before I quit, carrying my 13 year old lil bro who stood in smoke bombs. Im pushing for 2200-2400 if I can find other people on my skill level to play with on a consistent basis.

3) MLD has always been strong and with the ridiculous numbers theyre putting out now, not to mention the over the top control, dispell nerfs, and my fel dawg has purge again; This comp will probably be 1 of the top 3 comps. I might avoid this comp all together and just run shadowcleave or something cause I dont wanna hear no 'FOTM' or 'MMR BUG' from the usual fanbois.

4) Check the arena section of these forums for the theorycrafting part of PvP power. It sounds pretty dumb to not try and stack that, but you know blizz loves it's dragon killers so I wouldnt be too surprised if 1 or 2 trinkets made their way into arenas.

5) Pinky, when you gone pop that %%@@*!*!! for a real niqqa?

MLD is looking to be a top comp for sure. Druid Splay is actually looking to be as strong, if not stronger, and WLD could be the best comp of all. Of course, WLD takes the most out of the lock. You really need a world class warlock to make RLD/WLD combo's work. I've only known a handful of locks that can do it past top 10. And I've known dozens who blame their teammates for why they can't get past it :p

MLD or druid splay or regular splay or shadowcleave should all be strong and give you a nice ride to 2200 for your tier 2 weapon though,.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm doing this new thing. 1v3s
See you all soon.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
arena gives me indigestion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
!@# 2.0 will be very strong
If spriests and locks continue to be as strong as they currently are shadowplay will be amazing
Dancing with the stars just sounds awesome and is pretty fun to play
Those are the comps I look forward to playing
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/01/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Yøùñgßîzzle
From what I heard MoP pvp is the most balanced since BC s2-4 so depending on how things play out I might really get back into WoW competitively.

With this season being defined by the PvP Power(pvp penetration) and PvP Resilience(Defense) and going through dozens of level 90s BGs with full crafted sets setting players at 48% Resil(thats 18% defense from the armor/chants) and ~10% PvP Power giving players a grand total of 38% damage resist against player damage...we run into a problem Frost Mages can shatter with frost bomb->IL->Frostfire bolt/FB for over 140K easy and Fire mages can shatter with pyro alone for over 110k(highest I have been hit by was 121k).

The problem I see going into the season is that pvp resil and power are going to scale along side each other and who knows if pvp power stacking for some classes(casters mostly I would say) will be far more powerful than primary stat stacking(s8 warriors and armor pen? I am sure people understand what I am trying to make a point of). I mean in full Arena gear what Resil will we be looking at VS Power and the ability to stack power I dont see ACTUAL resil on target breaking more than 45% unless you stack it which leads to the arms race of whats a healthy medium between PvP Power and Resil..I mean when you are already hitting for 1/3-1/2 someones HP and you are fighting equal gear its going to scale nearly at the same rate.

I feel like the theory of power vs resil is the best course for pvp in the future but this season with the amazing scaling of mages/spriests/locks and even warriors(so I dont look like I am only pushing a caster hate outlook) we will most likely be in the same boat as last season where people die in the 1st 15s of matches due to a blanket silence/short CC and an RNG crit.

Hope I am wrong but from what I have personally felt things wont be improving much if the pvp resil doesnt go up drastically compared to pvp power(like I said 7 pieces of the pvp gear net you 18% resil and ~10% power equals a gain of 8% reil on the base 30%)
Edited by Kagrenàc on 10/2/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Kagrenàc
From what I heard MoP pvp is the most balanced since BC s2-4 so depending on how things play out I might really get back into WoW competitively.

With this season being defined by the PvP Power(pvp penetration) and PvP Resilience(Defense) and going through dozens of level 90s BGs with full crafted sets setting players at 48% Resil(thats 18% defense from the armor/chants) and ~10% PvP Power giving players a grand total of 38% damage resist against player damage...we run into a problem Frost Mages can shatter with frost bomb->IL->Frostfire bolt/FB for over 140K easy and Fire mages can shatter with pyro alone for over 110k(highest I have been hit by was 121k).

The problem I see going into the season is that pvp resil and power are going to scale along side each other and who knows if pvp power stacking for some classes(casters mostly I would say) will be far more powerful than primary stat stacking(s8 warriors and armor pen? I am sure people understand what I am trying to make a point of). I mean in full Arena gear what Resil will we be looking at VS Power and the ability to stack power I dont see ACTUAL resil on target breaking more than 45% unless you stack it which leads to the arms race of whats a healthy medium between PvP Power and Resil..I mean when you are already hitting for 1/3-1/2 someones HP and you are fighting equal gear its going to scale nearly at the same rate.

I feel like the theory of power vs resil is the best course for pvp in the future but this season with the amazing scaling of mages/spriests/locks and even warriors(so I dont look like I am only pushing a caster hate outlook) we will most likely be in the same boat as last season where people die in the 1st 15s of matches due to a blanket silence/short CC and an RNG crit.

Hope I am wrong but from what I have personally felt things wont be improving much if the pvp resil doesnt go up drastically compared to pvp power(like I said 7 pieces of the pvp gear net you 18% resil and ~10% power equals a gain of 8% reil on the base 30%)

1) The crafted set is by far weaker than the real set.
2) Blizzard should, "SHOULD" (SHOULD) 'should' be watching closely and help to quick fix classes that are too strong with soft nerfs here and there.
3) I played all last season past 2500 on priest and 2600 on druid... probably 500+ games.. probably more than that by far, and I never, ever had a game that lasted sub 15 seconds except for when vial was proccing at 50k hits. I think there's a healthy medium between what it was in BC (far too slow) and what it was in wotlk (far too fast). I think we came close to that in cataclysm, had there not been pve gear in the mix. Hopefully during MoP without pve gear they can really help to regulate things.

The point of PvP power is to make PvP gear stronger in PvP than PvE gear would be. People just hitting passively hard hasn't been a problem since s8 warriors / elemental shamans, and hopefully it won't be again in MoP. The real issue lately has been incredibly trinket procs / off piece heroic gears and legendary weapons. Blizzard would do a huge service to all of the arena community if instead of dicking around with all this PvP power, they just made PVE gear unavailable in arena past heroic Ilvl / legendary status.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
1) The crafted set is by far weaker than the real set.

I havent looked at the resil v power ratio I had hoped it was better than the crafted gear but hadnt decided to number crunch all of that.

2) Blizzard should, "SHOULD" (SHOULD) 'should' be watching closely and help to quick fix classes that are too strong with soft nerfs here and there.

They only do this for "bugs" like NS ignoring resil in S9 sadly I see mages scaling incredibly well with power stacking.

10/02/2012 01:12 AMPosted by Pinkrangerz
I never, ever had a game that lasted sub 15 seconds except for when vial was proccing at 50k hits.

RMP open DK Garrote deep bomb (trink)kidney dead..was a sad season :(

Hopefully during MoP without pve gear they can really help to regulate things.

The anyone can get them legendaries will still prob be BiS in arena and at the end of the beta they nerfed the amount of pvp power on weapons to only give a bonus of 2% dmg to players and if any of the heroic weapons(already had better stats than the pvp weapons) have crazy procs raiders will walk in to arena stronger sadly(this info again comes off the last beta build going into release no idea why they did what they did or if it will be the same this season)

The point of PvP power is to make PvP gear stronger in PvP than PvE gear would be. People just hitting passively hard hasn't been a problem since s8 warriors / elemental shamans, and hopefully it won't be again in MoP.

That is the theory and hope but you have to remember blizz said the bigger health pools going into cata were going to slow pvp down drastically and give arena a triage style healing setting(that lasted about 1min after release)

Blizzard would do a huge service to all of the arena community if instead of dicking around with all this PvP power, they just made PVE gear unavailable in arena past heroic Ilvl / legendary status.

Indeed
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"RMP open DK Garrote deep bomb (trink)kidney dead..was a sad season :("

Like I said, played RMP past 2500 and to 2600 in europe. There were high rated death knights, that trust me, didn't die in the opener. It's called using defensive CDS in conjunction with your whole team lol. All of the DK's who just burst into tears and cried "omgkntdoanythingplzhlpplzhlp" were stuck in the 2ks while good DK's who fought through it were top 3 / r1.

In fact, one of the best comps in the game involved a DK and they didn't lose every match in the opener to rmp ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
There were high rated death knights, that trust me, didn't die in the opener. It's called using defensive CDS in conjunction with your whole team lol.

Ill get right on outplaying 100k openers through resil and BP because there is nothing like watching your healer be a none issue even though a sap and blind didnt stick for more than the 3s it takes for UH Frenzy to tick sorry master obviously its my fault I died had nothing to do with the inherent issues DKs face then entire season. There were games were DKs died from half due to an RNG chill procing FoF among other RNG fun.

You can point your fingers at my skill level all you want but there is a reason the ladders looked like they did. Blizz gave us massive health pools to prolong pvp..now they give us 30% base resil plus resil on gear then give us a counter negating the reil..in theory a good balance making pvp gear better but the weapons 2% bonus can easily be over taken by heroic gear and left in the dust by the everybody gets one legendary.

The way things look on paper and work are out not always close.
Edited by Kagrenàc on 10/2/2012 1:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Kagrenàc
There were high rated death knights, that trust me, didn't die in the opener. It's called using defensive CDS in conjunction with your whole team lol.

Ill get right on outplaying 100k openers through resil and BP because there is nothing like watching your healer be a none issue even though a sap and blind didnt stick for more than the 3s it takes for UH Frenzy to tick sorry master obviously its my fault I died had nothing to do with the inherent issues DKs face then entire season. There were games were DKs died from half due to an RNG chill procing FoF among other RNG fun.

You can point your fingers at my skill level all you want but there is a reason the ladders looked like they did. Blizz gave us massive health pools to prolong pvp..now they give us 30% base resil plus resil on gear then give us a counter negating the reil..in theory a good balance making pvp gear better but the weapons 2% bonus can easily be over taken by heroic gear and left in the dust by the everybody gets one legendary.

The way things look on paper and work are out not always close.

Read one sentence and it's clear you were arguing.
Several death knights got r1 in 3v3 last season. Clearly they found a way to live past 15 seconds of the game....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Read one sentence and it's clear you were arguing.
Several death knights got r1 in 3v3 last season. Clearly they found a way to live past 15 seconds of the game....

Read whole post see a point but it is useless to try and discuss anything past the basic pissing contests or X did this you didnt so Y is fine. I shall end it there and hope the theory of PvP power/resil plays out better than the theory of Triage pvp circa Cata start. Enjoy the arena season
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]