My proposed 90 talents (discussion)

90 Blood Elf Mage
Personally, I would like to see the 90 talents take on what feels more... Mage like. Of course keeping to our traditional fire, frost, and arcane specs and getting some sort of a damage boost from them. I have several ideas for each so let me know what you think.

[Wisdom of the Ancients]: Instant cast You channel the knowledge of all magi who came before you, granting increased abilities based on your specialization lasting 20 seconds.

Frost - Your frost spells shatter on impact, causing 50% damage to all enemies within 10 yards. (alternate: frost spells chill your targets every muscle on impact, causing them to act as if the target were frozen for 10 seconds and deal 10% more damage)

Fire - Your fire spells burn with continually increasing heat, causing targets affected by your fire dots to take 10% increased damage stacking up to 5 times.

Arcane - You master the power of time, causing your arcane spells to ignore channel and cast times allowing them to instant cast.

[Copy Cat]: Causes your mirror image spell to instead create a single clone of the caster with 50% health. the clone acts as a pet and will cast copies of its masters abilites dealing 40% damage/lasting 40% of the duration.

[Mana Bolt]: 4 second cast; The mage channels all remaining mana into a single bolt of magical energy dealing damage equal to 200% of the mana cost. 5 min cooldown
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
SOS
[Spirit of the last Guardian] Classes utilizing other forms are all the rage and this one ties in with our heritage.

[Power of the firelord] Im sure fireform has been mentioned a million times over.

[Balrog whip] Why not we have everything else from that mythology.

[Volcano] Splashes around randomly like the D2exp druid spell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
[Spirit of the last Guardian] Classes utilizing other forms are all the rage and this one ties in with our heritage.

[Power of the firelord] Im sure fireform has been mentioned a million times over.

[Balrog whip] Why not we have everything else from that mythology.

[Volcano] Splashes around randomly like the D2exp druid spell.

I like that you mentioned that. If its a new form people want then how about

[Attunement of the magi]

The caster takes on a hightened form based on spec. Lasts until canceled.

If this were implemented what kind of forms would we like and what buffs would we gain?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Another thing i would like to see done is maybe make it so we can blink between the two runes of power instead of having us run back and forth when we need to be mobile.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
just imagine i'm that awkward guy with a microphone

SO ashniear, how does it feel to have come up with better ideas for the mage class on your own than an entire team who gets payed to do it and has been working on it for months?

In all seriousness though, they're pretty good but i wouldn't want to see them go live, the wisdom of the ancients only works on fire and frost if you're in an aoe situation, and that means for someone who wants to be really competitive, that you're pigeon holed into arcane for single target fights which is never fun.

Copy Cat, whilst it is better than what we see now, is just a passive dps buff with an X second long cooldown, kind of like a more advanced version of flame orb, and i personally don't want to see the return of those sorts of abilities.

mana bolt is quite interesting, but with such a long cool down, and the detriment it would cause i don't see it being practical.

In my opinion the final tier should become a set of new abilities to be implemented into a rotation, I.E the last tier is new abilities that are an integral dps abilities that you use on a regular basis. or perhaps they could be augmentations for the main nuke each class has.

Maybe the first one would turn your main nuke into a channeled ability that applies a stacking debuff on the target, increasing damage by 5% up to 25%, but when it hits the target at 5 stacks it uses a lot of mana, this would promote mana management in a way that wasn't as blatant as 'use evocate every 40 seconds or else' and the dps increase cleared in a reasonable time span, maybe 2-3 seconds.

perhaps the second one could add a combo counter onto your main ability, and supply you with a combo breaker that hits the target for an amount and does damage to all the enemies around that target, but again the more stacks you have the more mana the combo breaker costs, and it would have the natural factor that you needed to choose whether to do it now, or later.

the third one i can't really think up right now but i'm sure there's someone out there with a good proposal
Edited by Blâderunner on 10/2/2012 5:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]