Non-Panda Monks: What's shakin?

90 Tauren Monk
So, out of idle curiosity, who has actually rolled a monk that isn't a pandaren?

Was it a new character, or a returning one undergoing development, or one remade because monk fir them better but wasn't available till recently and you had to settle for a rogue or something?
Edited by Vulonorrok on 10/2/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I picked draenei monk because I already had an idea for a character, love the monk class, and have no interest in pandaren save for the occasional alt.

Because draenei are amazing.
Reply Quote
2 Human Monk
Ridiculously Scarlet Monk here! That's Captain Skydancer to you.

I'm sure I'll delete this one very soon but it amused me the name was free.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Monk
/waves sheepishly

Part of a story line I've got going to help someone level a character. I've the only belf monk I've seen so far without a weeaboo anime name.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
/waves sheepishly

Part of a story line I've got going to help someone level a character. I've the only belf monk I've seen so far without a weeaboo anime name.
But Belfs just attract Anime names whether they're monks or not.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Monk
/waves sheepishly

Sadly, but monks it seem to be more around 90%
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

Sadly, but monks it seem to be more around 90%
Damn muliplyers...

As for Vulon here, she's a character transition. Her priesty self still exists, and her Rogue self is...not currently possibke, but it DID happen.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Monk
Ceyora was a character developed to be a monk trainer for The Moonblade. Her placeholder class before MOP was a level 10 rogue.

I developed a style and such for the guild's use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Thaelarin Blazewind, reporting in.

Lovin' my monk so far. I've been too focused leveling him to get past Krasarang Wilds with my main.

Blood Elf monks have some great RP opportunities, being one of the few non-Pandarin races that have examples of monks from beforehand (I.e, Eramas Brightblaze from Magister's Terrace).
Reply Quote
61 Human Monk
Humpfrey Frederickson, reporting, in.

European name? Check.

Formerly/Still a rogue? Check.

Professional Face Puncher? Check.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Glad to see other non-Pandas around.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I hear we're monkin' this up in this thread.

I'm a dwarf. Because, I'm going to go punch some dragons in the FACE.
Reply Quote
54 Draenei Monk
Brand, spankin' new character. I had exactly one Alliance character before this, and she was a worgen priest, so they're completely unrelated. I just decided that my monk was going to be a draenei. And then I came up with the best name in the world for an honor-bound warrior who fights with their fists.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn

No regrets.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
You ever seen a movie called Kung Pow?

You remember the cow scene?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You ever seen a movie called Kung Pow?

You remember the cow scene?
So you're what, a Kung Pow Cow?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I hope people don't get mad at monk rpers that play monks not trained by pandaren.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Brand, spankin' new character. I had exactly one Alliance character before this, and she was a worgen priest, so they're completely unrelated. I just decided that my monk was going to be a draenei. And then I came up with the best name in the world for an honor-bound warrior who fights with their fists.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rogal_Dorn

No regrets.

*seethes*

This...affront. Will not stand.
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Monk
Not really an RP character, but on the odd chance I decide to do something with her it won't be with any of the Pandaren/Eastern styled fluff. Just the sort of manic discipline and struggle for control of self that many Blood Elves already experience. Oh, and a talent for more elegant physical combat.

I'm not really interested in Pandaren or a great deal of the class fluff, but they are quite fun to play.

I wanted a spacegoat monk for RP (again, without the Fantasy Asia style) and awesome hoof-kicks, but my leveling partners are all Horde side and hate the Allliance. Oh well.
Edited by Empyreus on 10/2/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]