Performance issues when running youtube

90 Blood Elf Priest
So I just got a new computer and I'm noticing some problems. I have all my settings maxed in WoW, and for the most part it runs smoothly. However, when I go try to play youtube in the background it completely kills my performance. FPS goes from ~70 down to 10-20. Youtube will also have issues, with large skips in the video, and very sluggish scrolling for that page (other non flash pages will be fine though). The game will continue to run poorly even after I close the internet browser. The same goes for tabs running youtube (or flash in general it seems).

I need help figuring out where the problem is. I updated my drivers for my motherboard and my GPU, but that didn't seem to help. I only have 4GB of RAM at the moment, but I can't help but feel like some other issue is at play here. My last computer was a Dell laptop with 2GB of RAM and it had nowhere near this much trouble multitasking.
Edited by Jrgrim on 10/2/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Disable hardware acceleration for YouTube. To do this, right click on any Flash-based video, click Settings, then untick hardware acceleration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]