Warlocks Current PvP State at 90

90 Undead Warlock
Destro is a ton of fun in BGs right now. Between the survivability, burst, and MANNAROTH'S FURY STICKING IT'S MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL STEALTH I am liking it a lot :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yesssss, convince everyone that we are super weak right now. Prepare them for the coming harvest of souls. Blindsided!

Evil plot coming to fruition...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Destro: Pathetic in pvp right now. True story..tonight I found a warrior with several mobs on him. After he killed them he sat at a tempting 50% health. Me being the lovely pvper that I am thought "easy kill". I jumped him, two chaos bolts, numerous incinerates and conflags later and I realized "wait, he's not even attacking me, wth?". He just stood there /waving as I unloaded spell after spell into him. Know what? After 3-4 straight minutes of his passive Second Wind self healing..I gave up. Destro literally does not have enough pvp dps to out damage a warrior's passive heals. That is a massive problem.

Affliction is acceptable sans one thing: soul shards. Haunt should *not* require a soul shard. Not only is it our hardest hitting spell, but it's required for substantial dps. Shards need to be for fast life drains and fast application of dots..not for a spell we're supposed to cast *every single time it's off the target* as even blizzard's tooltip suggests. I will say, though, that other than that, afflic is okay. Soul burn soul swap a target, haunt, MG with curse of elements(or feeble if you're nervous) and you do great damage. That same warrior I mentioned above not being able to kill with Destro I did kill with affliction.

Demonology is great sometimes. It's a defensive spec. Don't bother trying to go metamorphis dps you'll never reach enough power. The only purpose that serves is for the one chaos wave you can switch to get off as burst. Otherwise, Demo seems to be all about DA. Tank form, good damage absorption shield, very powerful imps for temporary burst, debuffs, silences and interrupts(if you sac felhunter), and great self heals make you a very difficult target to kill which provides constant annoyance and interrupts to others, but won't necessarily pack enough punch to take someone down(unless you summon wild imps but that's only temporary).

I'd say overall.. I enjoy affliction in general but it's really not fun to be a lock in pvp right now. I don't know who all here that say we're fine are actually good players with a lot of experience verses who are just saying so because they ganked one or two people and called it a day, but we're not fine. Affliction damage is acceptable when done right, but haunt needs to not consume shards. The bigger issue there though is the defensive issue. This game has more stuns and CC than ever before. Even if you unbound will one, and trinket another, you'll get nailed again, and despite locks relatively decent self healing abilities, we're nothing but fodder the moment we get focused by *anyone*. That is of course, again, unless you're in DA form Demonology, but also again, that sacrifices damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/07/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Tamaki
you're bad for saying mages do more damage then demo locks if so l2play a lock because i can outburst hunters and mages to hell

This isn't true at all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I play 2's with a demo lock, and they are OK, but hunters/warriors/some pallys, mages, do wayyyyy more damage
and yes, my lock buddy has been playing his lock for a long time, and he even says locks do no damage, and hes no scrub like most of u people ;)

and dont get me started on monk heals.. every game with monk heals, is a 1hour draw match, just retarded...
i dont see how people say locks do amazing damage in pvp? he can barley hit me for 60k crits, when we dule ouside org.. its embarrasing to say the least!

if anybody knows what to do for my lock buddy to start hitting 100k crits it would be helpfull.. he dose sacrifcie his minion for the added damage, and all that, but it seems like he just cant do enough damage..

If he's playing demo, he more than likely won't be doing 100k+ crits, when you see that, it's destro locks doing it. If you want him to do a lot of burst as demo, he should first have GoSurv, then have him save his demonic fury then literally pop everything at once. Imp swarm, GoSurv Felguard, meta, etc etc.

They suck. Godawful. Cast malefic grasp get locked. Dots are healed through anything even boomkins self rejuv. Demo: cant get 500-800 demonic fury cause we die to fast as we are focused too hard. Event through our defensive cds we are squishier than a memory foam matress. Destro: Interupt chaos bolt = no dmg.

I am mad

You need to learn the warlock class a little better before you complain about it. Throw cc's, juke and use UE to get casts if you really need to. For demo, get glyph of demon hunting and stay in that form if you don't want to die so quick. Stop blaming the class and start looking at the person playing the class.

10/08/2012 02:54 AMPosted by ßathorý
Destro: Pathetic in pvp right now. True story..tonight I found a warrior with several mobs on him. After he killed them he sat at a tempting 50% health. Me being the lovely pvper that I am thought "easy kill". I jumped him, two chaos bolts, numerous incinerates and conflags later and I realized "wait, he's not even attacking me, wth?". He just stood there /waving as I unloaded spell after spell into him. Know what? After 3-4 straight minutes of his passive Second Wind self healing..I gave up. Destro literally does not have enough pvp dps to out damage a warrior's passive heals. That is a massive problem.

Do you even have PvP gear? You do realize what PvP power and PvP resilience are, don't you?

Affliction is acceptable sans one thing: soul shards. Haunt should *not* require a soul shard. Not only is it our hardest hitting spell, but it's required for substantial dps.

No, haunt is used when you need to get pressure out, it is not "required" by any means. Aff has been known for one thing over the years: dot, dot, dot. Learn it, love it, live it. Once you have lots of stuff dotted up, you'll get more nightfall procs, more haunts, more damage.

Shards need to be for fast life drains and fast application of dots..not for a spell we're supposed to cast *every single time it's off the target*

Again, it just seems like you're misunderstanding the class and how the spec works.

Demonology is great sometimes. It's a defensive spec.

Demonology has strong defensive cooldowns and form, but to completely classify the spec as a whole, "defensive" doesn't do it justice.

Don't bother trying to go metamorphis dps you'll never reach enough power.

DA demonic slash being an instant, along with hand of gul'dan and corruption, you should be able to get more than enough fury if you don't panic. Again, I'm assuming this is an issue of (seemingly) no PvP gear and a misunderstanding of the spec you're talking about.

Get at least a full set of contender's/honor gear and a bit of practice and see if you don't feel differently about the things you've said.

10/07/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Methalos
Destro is a ton of fun in BGs right now. Between the survivability, burst, and MANNAROTH'S FURY STICKING IT'S MIDDLE FINGER TO ALL STEALTH I am liking it a lot :D

Also, pretty much this.
Edited by Elyllon on 10/8/2012 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You're crazy. In 2s, if I'm left alone for even a second, I melt health like its butter.
1v1, it's sooooo damn easy to kite and tick their health away. You're doing it really wrong. Don't wanna get locked out? Bait the counter with UR and hard cast haunt, or just L2juke.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I'm liking warlock. Been warlock since late vanilla and just loving it. I was squishy as hell at the beginning but as I get better gear etc I'm finding that it's much better than before and I regularly do well in dps meters and survivability. Dam mit/heals and cc as afflic is fantastic. I still need to do some tweaking but I'm starting to find a set up I like and is effective. The nice thing about this new talent system is that there are no cookie cutter specs. It's nice to see that people actually have to learn what specs work for them and what builds they want to work on. It draws a fine line between the good warlocks and the others that rolled the class because they thought it was op but are now finding out that any idiot can play a warlock but only a few can play it well.

Something I like to do is hunt down other locks in bg's just to see what they are doing for a build and see if I can tear them up or not. I've been pretty well wrecked by quite a few in any number of builds. I remember one demo lock kicking me off the lm flag in AB and as I flew through the air i remember thinking. "oh yea. we can do that now."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I play 2's with a demo lock, and they are OK, but hunters/warriors/some pallys, mages, do wayyyyy more damage
and yes, my lock buddy has been playing his lock for a long time, and he even says locks do no damage, and hes no scrub like most of u people ;)

and dont get me started on monk heals.. every game with monk heals, is a 1hour draw match, just retarded...
i dont see how people say locks do amazing damage in pvp? he can barley hit me for 60k crits, when we dule ouside org.. its embarrasing to say the least!

if anybody knows what to do for my lock buddy to start hitting 100k crits it would be helpfull.. he dose sacrifcie his minion for the added damage, and all that, but it seems like he just cant do enough damage..

If he's playing demo, he more than likely won't be doing 100k+ crits, when you see that, it's destro locks doing it. If you want him to do a lot of burst as demo, he should first have GoSurv, then have him save his demonic fury then literally pop everything at once. Imp swarm, GoSurv Felguard, meta, etc etc.

They suck. Godawful. Cast malefic grasp get locked. Dots are healed through anything even boomkins self rejuv. Demo: cant get 500-800 demonic fury cause we die to fast as we are focused too hard. Event through our defensive cds we are squishier than a memory foam matress. Destro: Interupt chaos bolt = no dmg.

I am mad

You need to learn the warlock class a little better before you complain about it. Throw cc's, juke and use UE to get casts if you really need to. For demo, get glyph of demon hunting and stay in that form if you don't want to die so quick. Stop blaming the class and start looking at the person playing the class.

Do you even have PvP gear? You do realize what PvP power and PvP resilience are, don't you?

Affliction is acceptable sans one thing: soul shards. Haunt should *not* require a soul shard. Not only is it our hardest hitting spell, but it's required for substantial dps.

No, haunt is used when you need to get pressure out, it is not "required" by any means. Aff has been known for one thing over the years: dot, dot, dot. Learn it, love it, live it. Once you have lots of stuff dotted up, you'll get more nightfall procs, more haunts, more damage.

Shards need to be for fast life drains and fast application of dots..not for a spell we're supposed to cast *every single time it's off the target*

Again, it just seems like you're misunderstanding the class and how the spec works.

Demonology is great sometimes. It's a defensive spec.

Demonology has strong defensive cooldowns and form, but to completely classify the spec as a whole, "defensive" doesn't do it justice.

Don't bother trying to go metamorphis dps you'll never reach enough power.

DA demonic slash being an instant, along with hand of gul'dan and corruption, you should be able to get more than enough fury if you don't panic. Again, I'm assuming this is an issue of (seemingly) no PvP gear and a misunderstanding of the spec you're talking about.

Get at least a full set of contender's/honor gear and a bit of practice and see if you don't feel differently about the things you've said.

10/07/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Methalos

Also, pretty much this.

Elyllon. I've played Warlock since vanilla. Alt in vanilla and BC, main in lich, alt in cata, main in MOP. I know about the class and all of that was done in a full pvp set that I tailored myself.

I very much feel the same about what I've said after doing more BGs and world pvp after posting this.

What I meant by demonology being a defensive spec is because in pvp, it is. If you're demo in pvp and not using DA then you're just not playing it right. Nearly all DPS in demo is dependent on cast times to build up fury for metamorphis. Good luck trying to play that way.

And speaking of knowing your class..switching from DA to metamorphis drops your fury down to 200, so demonic slashing is irrelevant. Like I said, though, that is that one metamorphis switch to burst a chaos wave, but not much else.

I also don't see how I don't know my class by suggesting haunt is required for our maximum dps? Is it not? How does that imply I don't understand dots? What you said does not make a lick of sense.

I understand the class just fine. I've also played a 90 shadow priest and warrior in pvp and let me tell you, not only are they more damaging than locks but they also have more control and resilience(not related to the armor stat).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]