marks/sv hunter pvp rotation

45 Undead Priest
so i'm not sure what my rotation in pvp should be for maximum DPS on a target

serpent sting -> spam aimed shot -> chimera shot -> keep going?

also whats our best on the move rotation with aspect of the fox up?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
for maximum damage spec bm
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
10/02/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Dredizzle
for maximum damage spec bm

im well aware of this. but that's not my plan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
There's no "rotation" for PvP no matter what spec. Situations and conditions are constantly changing in PvP and it's all about reaction and knowing what's most important.

If you can get an aimed shot off go for it. Chim shot on cooldown, keep serpent sting up, keep widow's venom up, keep concussive shot up, silencing shot as needed, scatter shot as needed, and trap as needed. If all of that is taken care of then you can arcane shot or steady shot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Kalorea
I have no advice for someone who chooses to be gimp.

You should applaud someone for going against the grain to play what is the most fun for them personally, not degrade them because they're not playing the "best" spec at the moment. Shame on you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Kalorea
MM was fun back when all our shots didn't hit like a wet noodle. Only casting aimed shot when we get 5 stacks of a slow stacking buff is a pretty big waste of a spec defining skill.

I don't disagree with you, Marks is pretty lackluster right now. My issue was that you refused to give advice based simply on the OP's spec choice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/02/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Kalorea

im well aware of this. but that's not my plan.

I have no advice for someone who chooses to be gimp.

I do, swap out to glyph of deterence for the extra damage mitigation and animal bond for the extra healing.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
There's no "rotation" for PvP no matter what spec. Situations and conditions are constantly changing in PvP and it's all about reaction and knowing what's most important.

If you can get an aimed shot off go for it. Chim shot on cooldown, keep serpent sting up, keep widow's venom up, keep concussive shot up, silencing shot as needed, scatter shot as needed, and trap as needed. If all of that is taken care of then you can arcane shot or steady shot.

interesting so chim shot is actually worth the focus? same with widows venom?

thanks for this. i realize there is no true rotation but this is what i was looking for...at least pointed out a few things im doing wrong!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yeah you should try to keep widow's venom up on pretty much every class since everyone has some form of self-healing now. And yeah chim shot still deals a fair amount of damage
Reply Quote
Dude hunters suck at pvp. period. i quit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I consistently beat BM hunters in dungeons.. they cant sustain the numbers i can after the intial burst.. then again they probably arent as good at their toons either..
Reply Quote
75 Gnome Mage
no matter how good BM or Survival will be i think ill stay MM. Whether is OP or sucks.
The funnest to play imo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
no matter how good BM or Survival will be i think ill stay MM. Whether is OP or sucks.
The funnest to play imo

This guy gets it.

Besides that, a skilled hunter will be good with any spec. Pro MM >>>> Bad BM, I don't care how good/bad they each are. I haven't noticed anything that makes MM 'gimp' so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]