Priests deserve an answer.

90 Pandaren Priest
We've been horrible all of beta and priest have making the issues known the entire time, then mop went live without any response or any issues being addressed. I want to know if anything is going to change or if I have to level my druid. It's not hard to tell us.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Priest
Agreed -- I've been playing a Priest through thick and thin for about 5 years.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Holy Priests were allowed to keep Divine Hymn and Discipline Priests were not.

Also, the loss of the Glyph of Prayer of Healing for Priests is yet another issue -- albeit a small one, but it's a notch on the belt. You could argue that Cascade could take its place vs. Halo and, while the healing wasn't monumental to any degree, that small extra cushion was nice to have and something I didn't appreciate when having it.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Priest
And, hey -- give them some credit. They fixed Lightwell! :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It seems like it gets significantly better with a bit of gear.
Reply Quote
Holy kept divine hymn, disc kept bubble, both are 3 minute raid cooldowns in the eyes of blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What issues though? Also losing glyph of Prayer of Healing is hardly an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I didn't seem to have any glaring issues tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
what are you talking about. I was tanking heroics on my druid. I did 3 of them and a shadow priest healed me the whole way and that is when I just barely had enough gear to start tanking...
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
I'm just curious why halo costs 40k mana when many other lvl 90 talents for other healers are free to cast or cost very little. I mean really... 40k? Someone needs to be slapped.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Distomos
Also, the loss of the Glyph of Prayer of Healing for Priests is yet another issue -- albeit a small one, but it's a notch on the belt.

Things like these are only issues if you're suffering for lack of it. Just because some things that used to exist aren't around anymore, doesn't show that there's a problem.

If you want to make a convincing argument that priests are in trouble, you'll have to show that when you try to do content with a priest, bad things happen because it's a priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Irate
I'm just curious why halo costs 40k mana when many other lvl 90 talents for other healers are free to cast or cost very little. I mean really... 40k? Someone needs to be slapped.

~34k mana if you're using Inner Will, which you should be. For the potential healing it does, it's very much worth it. Assuming you find yourself in the right situation to use it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Our guild just downed first three bosses in 25m tonight.
Monks and shamans are almost unbeatable in meters.(sorry I am not able to link the fights because our guild hides them on wol)
I don't know much about current state of druid or pally because our druids and pallies are new to their class.
I feel both holy/disc priest are pretty weak right now. We will see when there are more logs uploaded.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/02/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Hexxin
We've been horrible all of beta and priest have making the issues known the entire time, then mop went live without any response or any issues being addressed. I want to know if anything is going to change or if I have to level my druid. It's not hard to tell us.

Can you please be any less specific in your complaints so we can know whether or not they are genuine or simply a L2P issue?

Anyway, from personal experience, priest mana issues don't feel as bad as people make them to be and their toolkit feels solid.

10/02/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Distomos
I'm still trying to get over the fact that Holy Priests were allowed to keep Divine Hymn and Discipline Priests were not.

Holy Priests don't have Barrier. It's not hard to understand.

10/02/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Irate

Comparing a 3 min healing cooldown with a low cooldown, extremely high healing spell isn't a fair comparison. With enough gear and proper mana management you can easily cast it on near cooldown if you need to.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage

~34k mana if you're using Inner Will, which you should be. For the potential healing it does, it's very much worth it. Assuming you find yourself in the right situation to use it.

The mana cost obviously discourages anyone other then shadow from using it on CD. If they didn't want you to use it on cd, they should have made it a longer cd with a lower mana cost. Compare it to the healing talents of every other class. Many of those can do a lot of healing or buff healing significantly. They have low or no mana cost.

That goes for mass dispel also, I'd much rather they had given it a cooldown then made it cost such an absurd amount of mana.
Edited by Irate on 10/3/2012 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
We can outgear mana concerns. We can't outgear cooldowns. Be careful when you ask for less flexibility.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
10/03/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Nerfheals
We can outgear mana concerns. We can't outgear cooldowns. Be careful when you ask for less flexibility.

it has a cooldown AND an absurd mana cost though.

Compare it to things like paladin 90 talents. All do significant amounts of healing, all 3 have short cooldowns, one is only 20 seconds. None have a high mana cost.

Edit: When it comes down to it, the mana cost is probably there primarily to justify how much healing it can do in a 25 man. No abilities cost should be balanced around content half or more of the WoW population doesn't care about. Especially not a talent in this new talent system.
Edited by Irate on 10/3/2012 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
I love when Halo pulls trash from a mile away. Wtb a limitation of it only hitting things I'm actually in combat with.

Minor glyphs are all cosmetic, every single other class has some minor glyphs that offer utility.

Disc does feel a little weak. I feel like rapture could use a buff, however this is something that will only get better with more spirit. Would be nice to have the mana return back on AA... Going to give holy a try, because I didn't find disc all that fun tonight in MV.

My only real gripes. Otherwise I guess everything is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Irate

The mana cost obviously discourages anyone other then shadow from using it on CD. If they didn't want you to use it on cd, they should have made it a longer cd with a lower mana cost. Compare it to the healing talents of every other class. Many of those can do a lot of healing or buff healing significantly. They have low or no mana cost.

That goes for mass dispel also, I'd much rather they had given it a cooldown then made it cost such an absurd amount of mana.

Well it's not like you'd use it on CD if it was free. You use it when you need the extra burst of AoE healing and mostly ignore it when you don't.

Its HPM is quite high if you manage to get in a good position and fire it off. Yes, even in 10m.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/02/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Hexxin

Disc is only half the story - I don't hear that from Holy - they are night and day in terms of regen. True disc needs serious help but let's not lump this into "Priests" as a whole.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
10/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Moophious

Disc is only half the story - I don't hear that from Holy - they are night and day in terms of regen. True disc needs serious help but let's not lump this into "Priests" as a whole.

Priests issue isn't mana management in and of itself, the issue is throughput.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]