Tanking Damage Adjustment Hot Fixes

100 Draenei Warrior
I'm curious exactly which gear you mean, because I can't think of anything that broke up 96969.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/19/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Mephology
The gear previous to Cata for pallies having the pieces buff certain abilities made those abilities stronger with piece sets and setting their use higher in the unfixed rotation

Wrath and Cata Prot Paladins had set rotations. T10 Ret (the only paladin set in wrath that changed the priority) meant you hit DS when it procced. That's it. Other than that it was basically /castrandom.

I've got the same or better progression on my Paladin as you, as all three specs since wrath.

healing definately got messed with when HP was pulled in,

No, it just meant you had a decent single target or aoe mana free spell you could cast. At most it meant you cast Holy Shock closer to the cooldown instead of when you needed to move in between Holy Light casts.

Ret got stomped in damage

Which had nothing to do with Holy Power.

tanking really had no use for it

So why are you complaining about it then? This is a thread about tanks.

I'm gonna move on to another thread since there's nothing new to be had here.

Probably best you do, since you aren't adding anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i dont usually reply to these things ....but i must say that what has been changed does NOT seem to be a general increase in pally tank dps. Avengers shield is part of my regular rotation even on single target, but holy wrath is not. It seems to me that if a general increase was what was intended something like a buff to crusader strike/hammer of the righteous would have been a better choice as it would have been a buff that would have been effective in any combat situation.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Edit: The gear previous to Cata for pallies having the pieces buff certain abilities made those abilities stronger with piece sets and setting their use higher in the unfixed rotation. I'm not sure how you are having so much trouble remembering that if you knew it to begin with.

What the hell are you on about?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Edit: The gear previous to Cata for pallies having the pieces buff certain abilities made those abilities stronger with piece sets and setting their use higher in the unfixed rotation. I'm not sure how you are having so much trouble remembering that if you knew it to begin with.

Eh what?

Lich: 969
Cata: 939

Both were set rotations, and I have no idea what gear you are talking about. Here's a list of what the three tier sets did during LK:

T10 - 2pc bonus damage, 4pc - Dodge when using DP
T9 - 2c bonus damage + reduced CD on taunt, 4pc - Reduced CD + Forbearance
T8 - 2pc bonus seal damage, 4pc - bonus block value

Not really sure how any of those could change your rotation since there were no gaps in our rotation to begin with. The rotation in Cata was very similar in practice to the rotation we used all through LK. About the only time it was different was pre-WoG nerf since spamming it was a huge survival buff, but that didn't last long.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/19/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Arcdeek
For the love of god, why won't this thread die?

.... please, oh pretty, pretty, please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would like to personally thank you guys for tunneling prot paladins into using seal of insight, in 5 man heroics i now pull 7-8 groups and sustain 60-70k hps and 200-300k dps depending on the amount of mobs and just chain pull through them like this. I appreciate you "Nerfing" tank aoe dps it really has hindered me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Death Knights
While Blood Death Knights have been higher on damage than most other tanks, we’re expecting that the adjustments we’re making to the other tanking classes will close the gap. While we haven’t made any changes to Blood lately, we will be keeping a close eye on it.

They are doing allot of dps on single targets too. Will DK tanks get a dps nerf because they are better; as you did to warriors aoe dps? Maybe keep two eyes on it.

Are you kidding me. A DK tank is doing a lot of DPS, ok but to increase a Monks already OP class as well are you kidding me. I was witnessing a Monk Tank do over 110K dps(peaked at 180K for a few moments). This is already above and beyond what I have seen a blood DK do. P.S this monk was not even fully 476 geared....again seriously stop complaining about other classes doing this and that if your playing a monk. Just be thankful your not nerfed yet.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/05/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Twistdnypl
Are you kidding me. A DK tank is doing a lot of DPS, ok but to increase a Monks already OP class as well are you kidding me. I was witnessing a Monk Tank do over 110K dps(peaked at 180K for a few moments). This is already above and beyond what I have seen a blood DK do. P.S this monk was not even fully 476 geared....again seriously stop complaining about other classes doing this and that if your playing a monk. Just be thankful your not nerfed yet.

Are you high?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It's as if there was no beta...or are they simply self-validating...same old same old with blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
2 weeks back into wow and i'm more than ready to return to the relative sanity of gw2.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
11/09/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Ironstar
2 weeks back into wow and i'm more than ready to return to the relative sanity of gw2.

Please do, and please let this thread die already. It's been over a month, whinging at this point accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/09/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Ironstar

And nothing of value was lost.

Gtfo my game, whiner.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Shaman
10/02/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Seal of Truth and Censure now deal 80% less damage for Protection Paladins only.

wow, I had heard they nerfed this but 80%? lol wut
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/09/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Airoch
Seal of Truth and Censure now deal 80% less damage for Protection Paladins only.

Slowpoke.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/05/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Rijdot
Are you high?

No, just had their nypl twistd hard.

11/09/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Airoch

It was... somewhat needed. Example: Stoneguard. Prot pally on the two active dogs. Censure ticking away on each. Off tank taunts one to pull it away.... but it goes right back to the pally cause Censure is bloodying its nose so well. Now that's not a problem... sad they hit it so hard. Live with it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We all know that blizzard does not keep an eye on anything except to see who ic crying about what class the most and If you happen to play the class that all the crappy players whine about your in for a nerf. If the people developing this game had any clue about the meta game of the game they would stop nerfing.
Perhaps if the posted a couple times and said " look people learn to play instead of being a crappy player you would not get smashed by so and so class."
Every class has a class or 2 that works best against them, and every class works best against a couple classes. This being said Most crappy players play similar classes. So obviously there are going to be a lot of complaints about the same class. crappy players cannot beat that class. Lets start making it a point to not nerf based on democracy.. You cannot vote yourself skill by whining about things your not good at..also you are providing inaccurate info and helping make the game worse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]