Tanking Damage Adjustment Hot Fixes

90 Human Rogue
You still have a god bubble and now you can hearth in it. Quit QQ'ing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Relevance? To--- like--- anything?

Relevant to Gara'jal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Know what else this last-minute, untested, unproven change smacks of? The same thing I've been saying for years: these clowns don't really know any more about what they're doing than a bag of gerbils scampering on a bunch of keyboards.

All the beta testing done, and no hint of this?

my thoughts exactly on this tanks change, and even the massive sweeping changes that's in the 5.1 PTR notes for mistweaver w/ no ability untouched.

the hell did they do in beta? One would think they'd have figured out the mistweaver spec and all of the tank specs in all that time they were beta testing the stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I like how blood dks are just flat out better now in almost every challenge mode situation. I could care less about tank dps in raids but serious when you see cross-realm challenge mode threads asking for only blood dks there needs to be some changes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I could care less about tank dps in raids

Then please proceed to care less.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
as a death knight i really do not see why you would need to take away from us i mean as a tank our damage is !@#$ compared to warriors i pull off around 20k or less as a blood where as a warriors are capping at around 70k as prot (aoe included for both classes) i find the threat generation to be outrageous. If I taunt off a warrior he manages to grab the aggro back very easily. Now as far as blood survivability goes what i can see is we need more self healing and higher dodge/parry capability especially in pvp. As you are aware or blood shield is not effective against spells and personally i would rather not spend 3/4 of a fight on defensive trying to just stay alive long enough to make little impact on a battle especially with all the massive daage going around and the CCs left and right. with death strikes self healing nerf so badly as opposed to what it was beofre why not allow spell damage to be included and increase the blood shields monetaru gain from death strike seeing as how the anti magic shell is more for aggressive def that aggressive offence. And last but not least, HOW COULD YOU ALLOW A SQUISHY LOCK TO HAVE 800K HP IN PVP. and with damage mitigation and increase and thus giving them the ability to fall short of god status for this expansion. and only wearing 4 contenders and 1 dreadful piece
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
11/20/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Mardyn
our damage is !@#$ compared to warriors

PEBKAC.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
why is this still here
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
At this point I think people are clicking here and thinking this is something not from a month and a half ago
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I like how blood dks are just flat out better now in almost every challenge mode situation. I could care less about tank dps in raids but serious when you see cross-realm challenge mode threads asking for only blood dks there needs to be some changes.

Make some friends.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
11/22/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Ðemolition
At this point I think people are clicking here and thinking this is something not from a month and a half ago

That's my assumption, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Make some friends.

Cause running with guildies will somehow make CMs cater less to blood dks.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/20/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Mardyn
i mean as a tank our damage is !@#$ compared to warriors

haha, what

11/22/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Faust

Trust me. Damage is NOT why blood DKs are excellent in gold challenge modes.

And you thinking it is says volumes about how much experience you have in them.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/22/2012 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
11/22/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Faust

5 mans have always been dk's playground, it's not even the damage that's the big deal, it's our self healing, challenge modes are unfair, they always will be, until they overhomogenize the game to where nobody would play it.

Heck, DKs aren't even that far off the other tanks now at the CM tuning for damage, it's just those fights that going 4 dps 1 blood DK is more viable than if a Warrior were in it's place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Trust me. Damage is NOT why blood DKs are excellent in gold challenge modes.

And you thinking it is says volumes about how much experience you have in them.

Point out the quote where I say blood dks do more damage and that is why they are the best at challenge modes. I don't. I said that dks are flat out better. Why? Pretty much every aspect of how they are designed. Considering that I have all silver and a gold I think I know what kind of damage is going out to understand why dks are better. Even despite that is doesn't take a genius to figure out that a tank who mitigation scales off of spike damage and has excellent AoE damage and threat is going to be great in CMs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Point out the quote where I say blood dks do more damage and that is why they are the best at challenge modes. I don't. I said that dks are flat out better. Why? Pretty much every aspect of how they are designed. Considering that I have all silver and a gold I think I know what kind of damage is going out to understand why dks are better. Even despite that is doesn't take a genius to figure out that a tank who mitigation scales off of spike damage and has excellent AoE damage and threat is going to be great in CMs.

It's more a general statement, look at the topic you're posting in.

Or the posting being piggie back quoted off of, that basically says that warriors arent even viable tanks
Edited by Postonforums on 11/22/2012 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i love people who ask for nerf on low level so they dont show there main
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
11/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Raphaël
i love people who ask for nerf on low level so they dont show there main

You know, its pretty easy to figure out who peoples mains are. In fact, there is a browser plugin for that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]