Tanking Damage Adjustment Hot Fixes

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am so glad that I managed to grind my way up to 90 before these changes went up. Leveling in Prot Spec was brutal enough as it is; now you're telling me that pitiful damage and 2 minutes to kill one enemy is working as intended?

And you wonder why there's a tank shortage and healer shortage at max level; you condition people to think that they're playing World of DPS craft for the longest 5 levels I've ever encountered.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Mnemonic
I'm supposed to be using Seal of Insight to tank now? When was this decided, and when were they planning on telling us?

Probably when you read the tooltips of your abilities. Insight has had a significant tanking benefit since halfway through beta.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
10/02/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Celestrylian
I'm supposed to be using Seal of Insight to tank now? When was this decided, and when were they planning on telling us?

Probably when you read the tooltips of your abilities. Insight has had a significant tanking benefit since halfway through beta.

Insight is virtually unchanged from Cata as far as tanking goes. The 10% cast speed does nothing for us.

Truth has been the tanking seal for a very, very long time, and no indication was given that it would be changing.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Mage
Assuming that DK damage was > warriors on packs of non-2 or 3, how will the gap be closed in those other situations? If anything, it just grew worse due to the deep wounds nerf.

For the other classes, then yes the DK note makes sense. However, the warrior change was targeted at small groups with no additional buff to any other type of ability.
Edited by Goatcaller on 10/2/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/02/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Waniou
Yeah, did anyone actually kinda realise that they intended pallies to tank with SoI most of the time?

SoI is self healing, and therefore more defense.
SoC is threat, and therefore unnecessary in a world of 500% threat bonuses.

Good to see SoI tanking actually being viable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
can you guys adjust fury dmg now..its pretty pathetic that im 1 of lowest dps
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Assuming that DK damage was > warriors on packs of non-2 or 3, how will the gap be closed in those other situations? If anything, it just grew worse due to the deep wounds nerf.

For the other classes, then yes the DK note makes sense. However, the warrior change was targeted at small groups with no additional buff to any other type of ability.

Yeah, I'd definitely like a few more blue words thrown at this for clarity. For reasons unrelated to damage (I hate hate hate hate hate hate Prot Paladin's jank "whack-a-mole" rotation) I've benched my paladin and started playing my warrior for mists.

I knew that Warrior tank DPS was pretty abysmal by the end of Cata, was hoping that it would be evened out a bit for MoP. Not that tanks HAVE to do damage, it's just fun to, and it isn't fun when you're consistently parsing 2~5k below other tanks.

Seeing a post that reads: "Hey, DK are doing the most damage, so we buffed all of the other tanking specs' damage output some. Wait, not you, Warrior, we nerfed you, even though you weren't even the 'high bar' anyway." ...disappointing.
Edited by Unruhe on 10/2/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Mnemonic

Yeah it's fascinating to me that this didn't come up at all through the Beta Class Analysis thread(s).

That said, I agree with the actual changes for the most part. It's just somewhat weird that they've just now decided to mention that paladins should be using Seal of Insight while tanking.

It does make Glyph of the Battle Healer a heck of a lot more attractive as a prot paladin at least, though.

I knew that Warrior tank DPS was pretty abysmal by the end of Cata, was hoping that it would be evened out a bit for MoP. Not that tanks HAVE to do damage, it's just fun to, and it isn't fun when you're consistently parsing 2~5k below other tanks.

Seeing a post that reads: "Hey, DK are doing the most damage, so we buffed all of the other tanking specs' damage output some. Wait, not you, Warrior, we nerfed you, even though you weren't even the 'high bar' anyway." ...disappointing.

They specifically say that DKs were higher on damage than "most other tanks". Not every other tank in every other situation.

Warrior tank DPS *was* abysmal at the end of Cataclysm, but it was greatly improved by the tanking revamp and Deep Wounds/Revenge in particular were fairly obvious outliers in terms of strength. If it makes warrior DPS too low they'll presumably buff it.
Edited by Ahti on 10/2/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
So the only AE move that warriors are supposedly balanced around (previous posts have indicated that no talents are supposed to be mandatory, so we can't assume shockwave...) is now nerfed 50%? WOW.... It's hard to understand why prot warriors are being taken to the woodshed repeatedly with Pandaria. We lost more abilities than any other class/spec combo in the revamp, we've been forced to button mash shield block every 10 seconds, and now our only non-talent AE move has been nerfed by HALF! You guys do realize we can't spam cleave like we could in Cata right?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I am so glad that I managed to grind my way up to 90 before these changes went up. Leveling in Prot Spec was brutal enough as it is; now you're telling me that pitiful damage and 2 minutes to kill one enemy is working as intended?

And you wonder why there's a tank shortage and healer shortage at max level; you condition people to think that they're playing World of DPS craft for the longest 5 levels I've ever encountered.

Pretty much this.

You guys do know we have to do dailies as well? How long is our dailies supposed to take us?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Pretty much this.

You guys do know we have to do dailies as well? How long is our dailies supposed to take us?

Have a DPS spec as your dual spec? I mean that's pretty much what all healers end up doing, save for many raider priests who have both specs occupied by Holy/Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What is this I don't even...

You nerf Prot Warrior AoE? Ok, I get it... I can do some silly damage.

But you provide no nerf to Blood DK damage?

R u srs?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Pretty much this.

Have a DPS spec as your dual spec? I mean that's pretty much what all healers end up doing, save for many raider priests who have both specs occupied by Holy/Disc.

On most dailies tanks don't gain anything from swapping anyway. Leash range permitting, you can just pull 6-12 of the 12 mobs you need for a daily at once and AoE them down far faster than a DPS spec can kill them one at a time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/02/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Seaotter
So the only AE move that warriors are supposedly balanced around (previous posts have indicated that no talents are supposed to be mandatory, so we can't assume shockwave...) is now nerfed 50%?
Closer to about a 35% nerf, actually and more importantly, saying "no talents are supposed to be mandatory" is kinda misleading because every talent on that tier is AoE damage (Though DR still causes no threat as far as I'm aware) and unless you're not speccing, you've got another AOE move and if you're not speccing, that's not Blizzard's fault.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm just.. I'm...

Eurgh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Well considering they're apparently playing the game where SoI is actually useful...
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
"Druids
Bear tanks have been in a decent place,"

Seriously? I must be alone on this but Bear tanking has become boring for me.

I find myself using my rage on savage defense Only... and it cost so much and last so little time that I have no rage to use on something else (other than basic rotation)

Frenzied regen seems obsolete, as Savage defense sucks 60 rage every 6 seconds (if you are mitigating properly/under-cap as you're building gear). Can we make Savage defense either cost less or last longer? maybe cost more but last longer? i dunno just throwin' it out there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I love being a DK! Thank you Blizz for making me out dps people as a tank!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
well now I'm bummed I picked warrior instead of dk to level first in mop...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]