Tanking Damage Adjustment Hot Fixes

90 Night Elf Rogue
Im happy about all the changes, but I do have one request...

Fix rogues nest please.... Im Begging you....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I really wonder who does the math at Blizzard. I see such drastic numbers on nerfing and the whole "balance for 90" makes no sense. So we just need to race through content to get to 90 and then enjoy the game as intended. Ugh.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Feel very let down once again by Blizzard....that is al.../sigh
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Thanks for buffing everyone, I like my dps as a tank :) Now can we get arround to fixing this archaeology Bull!@#$?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Warriors
Warriors have several mechanics that improve their tanking performance when dealing with multiple foes, as well as their damage output against them. Their damage against packs of creatures, especially when three targets were present, was much higher than other tanking classes. While some variance is expected, it was clear that an adjustment was necessary.
The primary culprits here were Revenge and Deep Wounds:
  • Revenge now deals 50% damage to a secondary target, and 25% damage to a third target.
  • Deep Wounds now does 50% less damage for Protection Warriors only.

So let's see. I already have issues holding threat on packs of mobs... Now I do less damage and will hold less threat. Great! Just what I needed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Im happy about all the changes, but I do have one request...

Fix rogues nest please.... Im Begging you....

I'm almost afraid to ask...but what do you want "fixed" exactly?
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
Soooo more unnecessary nerfs to warriors.
Not sure why I'm surprised.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Warriors
Warriors have several mechanics that improve their tanking performance when dealing with multiple foes, as well as their damage output against them. Their damage against packs of creatures, especially when three targets were present, was much higher than other tanking classes. While some variance is expected, it was clear that an adjustment was necessary.
The primary culprits here were Revenge and Deep Wounds:
  • Revenge now deals 50% damage to a secondary target, and 25% damage to a third target.
  • Deep Wounds now does 50% less damage for Protection Warriors only.

So let's see. I already have issues holding threat on packs of mobs... Now I do less damage and will hold less threat. Great! Just what I needed.

In our case, its getting threat on the adds to begin with!

Ever since 5.0.4 hit live (early august/late september) Warriors were ahead of Paladins when it came to getting mobs stick to you -- and in beta, with Censure doing about 25-27% and SoT doing 3-4% of our damage. So, in a single swoop, we lost about 23-24% of our damage, once you consider the 80% nerf to SoT/Censure for prot.

I really don't think getting more oomph out of our AS and HW is enough to cover THAT.
Edited by Klaudandus on 10/3/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
It's funny you guys make these changes now when it was like this all 5 years of beta. Whats a beta for guys?

Edit: I like the changes, but come on, can we fix things before the day of.

You'd think, right? Nothing that they've fixed since MoP release should have been a surprise, it was all broken in beta as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is really discouraging to someone who isn't done leveling yet. I obviously can't speak from level 90 experience yet, but I have not been doing insane damage as a tank in any of the level-up dungeons. Quite frankly, I've actually experienced weird aggro-loss issues. 80% seems like such a drastic first move - I never understand why they don't make more incremental turns of their knobs and dials.

And this business about Seal of Insight as the tanking seal? Wha wha whaaaaaaaaa? Really Blizz? Does Insight even have a damage component?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Ever since 5.0.4 hit live (early august/late september) Warriors were ahead of Paladins when it came to getting mobs stick to you -- and in beta, with Censure doing about 25-27% and SoT doing 3-4% of our damage. So, in a single swoop, we lost about 23-24% of our damage, once you consider the 80% nerf to SoT/Censure for prot.

I really don't think getting more oomph out of our AS and HW is enough to cover THAT.

And both were behind DKs.

Dk's were top for single target and aoe... >.> I was hoping my DK wouldn't be op again, guess I'm switching toons. Let's not nerf the top.

It's really aggravating since Warriors still keep their bleed as part of their normal rotation, even with a 50% nerf, but paladins don't have their analogue anymore (censure) because apparently we didn't get the memo on SoI being our actual tanking seal... (and I already mentioned how Censure was a big chunk of our DPS in the first place)

In any case, missing the memo is now costing us extra time at this point, all the data collected was based on SoT being the default tanking seal -- now, as one of the data collection grunts, we gotta go back to the drawing block, collect the data on the new SoT and SoI, along with HW and AS; and give that data to the theorycrafters, like Theckd, so they can give us the new results/conclusions.

SoI being the default tanking seal WAS IN NO WAY OBVIOUS.
Edited by Klaudandus on 10/3/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I feel like the revenge fix was def needed but deep wounds is excessive. I think you're going to find that both is too much. Heck, you might have just fixed revenge by removing/reducing the frequency of the proc instead (maybe an internal CD?). It was only really broken because it essencially had no cd on larger groups that caused tons of cd resets.

Working as intended. Lots of mobs= Revenge procs. Thank god you're not a dev. Not interested in your big ideas.
Edited by Gervasio on 10/3/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is really discouraging to someone who isn't done leveling yet. I obviously can't speak from level 90 experience yet, but I have not been doing insane damage as a tank in any of the level-up dungeons. Quite frankly, I've actually experienced weird aggro-loss issues. 80% seems like such a drastic first move - I never understand why they don't make more incremental turns of their knobs and dials.

And this business about Seal of Insight as the tanking seal? Wha wha whaaaaaaaaa? Really Blizz? Does Insight even have a damage component?

What?
Warrior Prot AOE was( still is?) redonkulous. If you have issues holding agro, you should address that as a l2play thing not a omg Warrior is hard thing.
Tab-targets more?press your buttons harder?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

What?
Warrior Prot AOE was( still is?) redonkulous. If you have issues holding agro, you should address that as a l2play thing not a omg Warrior is hard thing.

Is that directed to me, or to Aralesh?
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1349276826611024850.jpg
sigh
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

What?

Aralesh. Sorry.
Ya that came off as smug, but I've thought 5.0 Prot Warrior aoe was amazing. So hearing " omg I have issues holding threat" made me think " whaaat?"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Aralesh. Sorry.
Ya that came off as smug, but I've thought 5.0 Prot Warrior aoe was amazing. So hearing " omg I have issues holding threat" made me think " whaaat?"

Yeah, I had easier times in the 5.0.4 pre-MoP launch with my warrior when it came to holding/getting threat on any 3+ mobs pack, and he was badly geared (hardly any enchants, 350-370 ilvl gear), than with my paladin at his best (407ilvl, best enchants, best gems)

Revenge was awesome, and being able to instantly apply bleeds with TC was amazing, free cleave procs were also fun -- and we just lost our bleed analogue because apparently its not the seal we're supposed to be using for tanking. *rolls eyes*
Edited by Klaudandus on 10/3/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]