Dear Blizzard; What are you smoking?

100 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis has been changed, and now grants the following abilities:

Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout

Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague Protection

Protection paladins - Wrath

Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug

3/4 = utterly, utterly useless, and the 4th is so situational it's not even funny (Stampeding Shout)

Seriously, as a Resto Druid there is now ONLY ONE class worth even bothering giving Symbiosis to. Priests for lifegrip. That is all.

* This is for PvE discussion, not PvP, that is entirely different *

So our awesome new ability for Mists of Pandaria is a complete and total gimmick that has absolutely no bearing on PvE content whatsoever.
Amazing. Thanks Blizzard. For nothing at all. I'm sure all of our Paladin tanks will love having Wrath the 1% of the time they run into a Druid who's moronic enough to grant him Wrath.

While you're at it, would you mind changing the Rogue version of Symbiosis, I'm sure they would much rather have Moonfire and I wouldnt mind having Kidney shot. Even though I will never have CP's to use it, but clearly we're just aiming to make this ability as useless as possible in PvE.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/2/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's about time! It was completely unfair for tanking specs to be the only spec that got abilities useful for their active spec (ie, tanks got mitigation spells and everyone else got utility like Faerie Fire or Growl). It made it basically a no-brainer to cast Symbiosis on the tank (or offtank if you're guardian) and it needed to be changed.

Thank you, Blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Also they nerfed Wild Growth which is BS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Irrius

They nerfed it again? -_-
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's about time! It was completely unfair for tanking specs to be the only spec that got abilities useful for their active spec (ie, tanks got mitigation spells and everyone else got utility like Faerie Fire or Growl). It made it basically a no-brainer to cast Symbiosis on the tank (or offtank if you're guardian) and it needed to be changed.

Thank you, Blizz!

How is this any different now?
The thing you're complaining about is actually now worse, There's litterally only one class a Resto Druid will put Symbiosis on now.
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Tiriél

They nerfed it again? -_-

I didn't see any notes of a further nerf to wild growth
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Thank you, Blizz!

How is this any different now?
The thing you're complaining about is actually now worse, There's litterally only one class a Resto Druid will put Symbiosis on now.

Because Life Grip will always be the best thing to pick, and every druid is resto, and always grouped with a priest?

Yes, perhaps in that one niche situation it will go on the priest. But what about what's best for the class you're casting Symbiosis on? And what about if the druid isn't resto, or if there isn't a priest in your party?

How is that worse than "Every druid will basically always be casting it on the tank"? It's not.

Sorry, this is fair. And if it turns out that it's really true that resto druids are always casting Symbiosis on the preist, then I hope that gets changed too. Because the whole point of no one getting a main-spec spell from Symbiosis is so that there's no "no brainer" choice for the spell's target.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ha, that is not true. Hunter is my current favorite target for symbiosis. Not only do I get to not get hit by the adds by the tank doesn't get healed for the duration letting him know that i am not happy about the adds munching on my face.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Since when did druids get life grip? Is it different by spec? A guildy of mine in boomkin did Symbiosis with me as the healer and she got mass dispel.

She promptly said eww and put it on the tank but she def didn't get life grip
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
spec specific for the druid
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Since when did druids get life grip? Is it different by spec? A guildy of mine in boomkin did Symbiosis with me as the healer and she got mass dispel.

She promptly said eww and put it on the tank but she def didn't get life grip

It is spec specific. Restos will get life grip, I believe as a guardian I get Fear Ward.

I'm also using Symbioteller to let me know which player gets/gains what until I memorize it better :D
Edited by Garofalo on 10/2/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shadow Priest should already have been getting it for Tranq anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
10/02/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Nixx

^
This.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I usually give it to a mage, so I can iceblock when things get crazy.

That said, it's a pretty kitten idea to give tanks a host of abilities they will never under any circumstances use.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/02/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Nixx

Why?

If you need your Shadow Priest to use Tranq in raid, you've already wiped.
Fact.

Certainly it's the most useful ability other classes can now get in Raids, but that negates the fact, if it's needed, you've already failed.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/3/2012 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Fact.

Heh.

Use it proactively as a raid cooldown to counter predictable burst. It's really useful.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Fact.

Heh.

Use it proactively as a raid cooldown to counter predictable burst. It's really useful.

It's healing is weak from a Shadow Priest. Even if used by Shadow Priest when absolutely needed (which has double CD as a Druid) another Healer CD is still needed to survive. Whereas the other Healers CD on it's own does the job.

The point; Shadow Priest is just wasting DPS time. Handy in 5mans, but in Raids, if Shadow Priest needs to use Tranq, you've already wiped.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/3/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I actually do support the general goal of making this spell suck equally for everybody. If "useful" is out the window, at least they can go for "balanced."

However, I'm rather baffled by the decision to give Prot paladins a spell that is not only useless to them, but can never ever be used ever.

(That said, has anyone tested Warlock raidhealing? They still get Rejuv, right? With glyphed Life Tap...)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like putting Symbiosis on mages for the ice block.

Unless that was changed..?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
so now both prot and ret get wrath

bahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]