Authenticators

100 Blood Elf Priest
Is there a safe way to change authenticators?

I recently updated my iPhone, and with that i also need to switch Authenticators.

Is there a way to switch between the two authenticators without having a time in between with no authenticator attached?
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
Did you write down the restore code and serial number before you updated your iPhone? All you need to do is use those to restore your authenticator to your phone with no interruption in coverage.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Musashi
Did you write down the restore code and serial number before you updated your iPhone? All you need to do is use those to restore your authenticator to your phone with no interruption in coverage.

^This.
if you wrote it down, or still have access to the app on the old phone, this is the easiest.. it just clones it across and your ready to go.

Otherwise, the only other option is remove and re add. As long as you are prepared.. have your email program/page open.. and do it quickly, you should only be 5 mins unprotected, at the most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]