Colossus Smash + Berserker Rage

90 Orc Warrior
I wouldn't macro it but if you are not fighting a fearing class use it to enhance your burst or something.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/03/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Quinten
Splitting the difference you are happy with a 56.25% chance of wasting a cooldown, or more than one per minute.

You're not wasting BR if you use it when you proc an enrage off BT. You'll get 2 stacks of raging blow, which can be used immediately. BR Gives 10 rage, enrage and a stack of RB, and the only part that you do not get in this scenario is the enrage +% damage increase.

A majority of the value of BR comes from the ability to use RB, not the damage increase.

Also, average enrage uptime is 76% already in BIS gear and 71% in N gear. You will be delaying BR quite often to optimize enrage uptime.

http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html#Warrior_Fury_1h_T14H
http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html#Warrior_Fury_1h_T14N

25% baseline (no mastery from gear)

I have no idea where you're getting 25% baseline from. You can click on your characters armory and see that it's 10%.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have no idea where you're getting 25% baseline from. You can click on your characters armory and see that it's 10%.

He's talking about the Enrage bonus in addition to the Fury mastery bonus while enraged, which should have been abundantly clear to you as he mentioned mastery.

He's also correct in the sense that since BT and CS are higher-up in the priority chain, macroing BR to BT will sometimes cause you to Enrage three times, which is obviously a DPS loss since you can only retain two RB stacks.
Edited by Catastrophe on 10/4/2012 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
10/03/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Drunkbeard
If you average out the chance for BT to proc enrage and CS to proc enrage with 25% crit you only have a 37.5% chance to become enraged.

That's now how it works. You have a 50% chance to be enraged from BT and then a 25% chance to have CS crit. If either of those crit you will become enraged and the probability that one or both of those events happen is 62.5%.

Please don't be obtuse. Enrage has a 10% increase for all warriors, fury's mastery operates in addition to this increase.

10/03/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Collision
You're not wasting BR if you use it when you proc an enrage off BT. You'll get 2 stacks of raging blow, which can be used immediately.

If you keep CS prioritized you will have a 12.25% chance to become triple enraged once per minute, wasting a RB proc. If you don't prioritize CS then you are doing it wrong, and will have a chance to occasionally be enraged by CS going into BT for that same 12.5% chance at a triple enrage. RB only stacks to 2.

10/03/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Collision
Also, average enrage uptime is 76% already in BIS gear and 71% in N gear. You will be delaying BR quite often to optimize enrage uptime.

You're be delaying 62.5% of the time. Actually it ends up being a bit less than that when you unsync CS and BR. Assuming you delayed there will be a 50% chance you delay 4.5 seconds, a 25% chance you delay 9 seconds, 12.5% 13.5 seconds, 6.25% 18 seconds ect...

Just throw a modifier on an ability and keep the uptime up that way.
Edited by Quinten on 10/4/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Also, other abilities that you can macro in without significant (<100) dps loss.

Colossus Smash + Bloodbath + Trinkets/Synapse Springs + Deadly Calm
Recklessness and Skull Banner.

I'm pretty sure macro'ing your CDs to be used almost on CD instead of saving them for periods of high uptime/extra boss dmg, especially during lust/hero, is more than a 100 dps loss.

And by "pretty sure" I mean 100% positive.

Obviously my comment means to ignore everything about the encounter. Discussing individual encounters is an entirely different realm than what I am talking about.

One of the main issues with theorycrafting, is the ability to translate it into language that players who don't do that type of research can understand.

Everyone is all up in arms over berserker rage and macroing it, even though it allows newer players to pay more attention to parts of the rotation that ultimately lead to higher gains. Newer players are going to lose DPS when they pay attention to trivial dps gains such as this, as it takes away from attention that should be given to "Hey, CS is up pretty soon..."

I've ALWAYS macro'd it into my abilities, whether or not I was arms or fury back in Cata, and somehow I managed to get top 200 (Mostly Top 50) parses on every encounter even though I was dragging this huge anvil of a dps loss around my neck the entire time.

Hell, you can increase your dps a small amount by watching your swing timer, but is it worth it? Where do we draw the line? Where do such theoretical dps gains start to distract the player?

I will admit that I may underestimate the dps loss in some cases, but my intentions are convincing newer/lesser experienced players that they shouldn't give a crap about these minor dps gains and pay attention to their main rotation, boss mechanics, and not standing in fire.

When you reach a level where you can complete your rotation in your sleep, then you can move on to unmacroing BR, Bloodbath, etc. But until then, you're going to do really damn good damage.

(Quiten, you make good points, I'll respond later to them.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'll take back useless, Collision. You are correct, you get a double RB proc.

In fact I will go so far as to say my past experience with managing enrage uptime is what lead me to my short answer earlier. However, I still believe having the management tool available when necessary instead of rolling it in to another ability is better play in general.

Your argument that newer players should be worrying about core rotational mechanics is valid, but a philosophical one. I believe people can and should start out without developing bad habits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]