Letters from the Postmaster?

90 Tauren Warrior
Around 8 p.m. last night, I ran Blackwing Lair with 3 people from my guild. I had over 30-50 free spaces in my bags after we killed and looted Nefarian. I hearthed and logged off.

I woke up this morning and checked my mail. I had 5 letters from the Postmaster in my mailbox, with the following items attached: Netherwind Robes, Robes of Transcendence, Pure Elementium Band, Netherwind Crown, and Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos.

I don't remember rolling on or winning the items; I just clicked greed on every loot box that came up, because I didn't really care about getting loot or what I got.

Why were these items in my mailbox? Did I win them after I logged off, and because I was logged off, they were automatically sent to my mail? What should I do with the items?
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
It's items that you won, but didn't have the space in your bags for.

They're perfectly legit and you can do whatever you please with the items.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
But I had bag space, and plenty of it. That's what confuses me. If I had empty slots in my bags, why weren't those items placed there?

Edit: I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your response. Thank you for helping me. :)
Edited by Tyani on 10/3/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Were you doing a cross realm dungeon run?

Sometimes, since the instance servers are hosted elswere, they items dont stay in your bag, or dont transfer there autmaticaly. But since the system knew you won them, it puts them in the mail for you.

I havent seen it offten, but once in a blue moon happens to me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
10/03/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Reenela
Were you doing a cross realm dungeon run?

I don't think so. There was 4 of us in the raid group, all from the same guild on the same server.

Edit: I just looked at my character's activity feed, and the latest entries refer to the loot I won from Chromaggus, the second-to-last boss of BWL. There were no entries for getting any loot from Nefarian, so I'm assuming that those letters in my mailbox have the loot I should have won?
Edited by Tyani on 10/3/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Did you leave the instance before the rolling was complete? If so, you won the Greed roll, but you weren't there to have the loot assigned to your bag, so the postmaster sent it to you instead. It's normal.

Edit: the activity feed will only update if you directly loot it from the boss, not if you receive it like that, so it's again, normal!
Edited by Regnatia on 10/3/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It can also sometimes happen if you are too far away from the mob/boss that dropped the item. You get too far away and the item does not make it into your bags, the corpse rots with the items on it and then the automated system kicks in and sends it via mail.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I think I understand what happened now. I hearthed out a few seconds after Nefarian was killed, just after hitting the greed button. I guess I won the rolls, and the Postmaster sent it by mail.

Thanks everyone! :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I think I understand what happened now. I hearthed out a few seconds after Nefarian was killed, just after hitting the greed button. I guess I won the rolls, and the Postmaster sent it by mail.

Thanks everyone! :)

Bagspace is one of the most common causes for not receiving an item, but if you are unable to retrieve any item that you otherwise won, the postmaster should usually be able to send it to you after the fact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]