Boomkin Questing

100 Night Elf Druid
Not complaining or ranting, simply curious if anyone else has noticed boomkin questing kind of slow and taking a while to kill same level mobs?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
<- 4th person to hit 90 on my sever. I did it as balance.

Nope :D

Just AoE pull / kite.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I find it slow when starfall is on cd, when its off I can pull big and kill fast but when its on cd i feel like it takes an eternity to kill it, i eventually quit being an idiot and realized that feral soul of the forest would make up for the constant wait time bore when questing in feral, any chance you could tell me your rotation for leveling boomy :D?
Edited by Gïllïan on 10/3/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
DoT 10-15 mobs and kite them with Wild Charge in moonkin form. Shroom detonate for the slow, typhoon and starfall. While keeping rejuv on myself. When they got close I disorienting Roar'ed to get some room. Nature's Swiftness + healing touch if needed.

After the pull if you want Starfall up again, just Astral Communion until you hit lunar ^^
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
OHHHHH didnt think about astral communion!

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yep, make good use of astral communion to set up your eclipse before pulling and then kite the crap out of them. If I try to go toe to toe with any mobs it hurts and takes forever. Just get yourself to lunar, dot up everything in sight, hit starfall and run around in circles like a crazy chicken.

I use typhoon/ursol's vortex instead of roar but same idea as what Nagoto said. We have a LOT of control tools and we are very, very mobile. Use those facts to your advantage.

I have still yet to die from overpulling on this character (though I've come very, very close). And I tend to pull like a madwoman.
Edited by Eluial on 10/3/2012 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lol, this is my first xpac as leveling boomy, so I appreciate all the help, i've only done boomy at level cap
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Lol, this is my first xpac as leveling boomy, so I appreciate all the help, i've only done boomy at level cap

No problem dude! if you ever need anymore help just let me know ^^
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
Thanks! That is very helpful. I've been going too much toe to toe I think. I've had the same problem as the OP. I will try dot technique tonight and let everyone know if even a noob like me can benefit. Or . . . forget to come back and post and there will be an open nothingness below this post where my follow-up should have been. I apologize in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
forget to come back and post and there will be an open nothingness below this post

Nothingness below your post? No ma'am.

There is a waffle!

(#)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I tried the technique i'm having trouble staying alive I farie fire and moonfire then set shrooms to slow then pop Starfall then use disorienting roar on cd and mass entanglement, I still cant manage to kill them and usually die ( pulling like 3 87s)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I tried the technique i'm having trouble staying alive I farie fire and moonfire then set shrooms to slow then pop Starfall then use disorienting roar on cd and mass entanglement, I still cant manage to kill them and usually die ( pulling like 3 87s)

Place the shrooms down beforehand. Your don't really need to FF - also typhoon is better than mass entanglement at least for AoE farming. The roots break on damage. Typhoon moves them further away from you and applys a slow - in addition you can usually knock them back into your already detonated shroom patch!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
hm so Moonfire sunfire with shrooms already set Starfall and typhoon and DR when they get close?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
hm so Moonfire sunfire with shrooms already set Starfall and typhoon and DR when they get close?

Yup - and don't stop casting! Even if all of the targets are DoTed keep spamming Mf or SnF. Whichever is stronger at the time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Alright ill try it
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
Well, I guess I can see how it will work having tried it. A lot to get used to coordinating and even then there is the downtime on the starfall and planning the running around. Technique works just takes some learning. Pays off but I would prefer to take 3 mobs and obliterate them than wear down 10. I'll take what I can get. Different than cata. Soon I'll be 90 and will stay resto so I guess it doesn't matter but I think balance druids are getting the short end of the stick.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not going to lie, I found levelling exceptionally boring, slow and painful. I would die, almost without fail, every time I pulled a 3rd mob, so I ended up single-target spamming and hoping I didn't aggro any pats or get thrown back by mob typhoon.

Many times I considered taking time out of my levelling to go back to the bank and pick up my Dragonhide gear and go back to Feral/Guardian. The pinnacle of my misery came when I helped a Horde bear take down a rare elite who came with about 6 adds — he was above 75% the whole time, and probably didn't really need my help.

And then about halfway through 89 I remembered I had shrooms, and it all suddenly made sense :-|
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yep, make good use of astral communion to set up your eclipse before pulling and then kite the crap out of them. If I try to go toe to toe with any mobs it hurts and takes forever. Just get yourself to lunar, dot up everything in sight, hit starfall and run around in circles like a crazy chicken.

I use typhoon/ursol's vortex instead of roar but same idea as what Nagoto said. We have a LOT of control tools and we are very, very mobile. Use those facts to your advantage.

I have still yet to die from overpulling on this character (though I've come very, very close). And I tend to pull like a madwoman.

imo though, if a spec has to do all of these things just to ensure survival on pulls of 3-4 mobs, and it takes twice the time to kill them because you're depending on dots, there's room for improvement...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]