Elder Charm of Good Fortune

100 Human Warrior
If you have one or more Charms of Good Fortune, then whenever you kill a raid boss (in Raid Finder, normal or heroic) then a new UI window will pop up asking if you want to spend your Charm on a bonus roll. If you click yes, then you’ll instantly get another shot at that boss’s loot table! You will always win something from the bonus roll, such as a pile of gold, gems, or flasks. However, you also have a small (but not miniscule) chance of receiving a piece of epic loot. As with the personal loot system, the item will always be something designed for your current spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886/

Is how Elder Charm of Good Fortune were described to work in the dev blog a while back. I am a bit confused on how current spec is determined. Is it when you pull/kill the boss or when you click for the bonus roll? Lets say I'm a tank but go dps for a one tank fight but still want the extra roll to give me a chance at tank loot. If current spec is determined on clicking for the bonus roll could I switch specs from dps back to tank before clicking to get a chance at tank loot from my bonus roll?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/03/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Whitecrow
Is how Elder Charm of Good Fortune were described to work in the dev blog a while back. I am a bit confused on how current spec is determined. Is it when you pull/kill the boss or when you click for the bonus roll? Lets say I'm a tank but go dps for a one tank fight but still want the extra roll to give me a chance at tank loot. If current spec is determined on clicking for the bonus roll could I switch specs from dps back to tank before clicking to get a chance at tank loot from my bonus roll?

It's the spec you killed the boss with. Have had people test this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
As the above has said, its the spec you have killed the boss with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
My flatmate got healing pants tier from Sha of Anger, but he killed the boss as shadow (doesn't even have a healing spec, he's double shadow). GM told him it was random, so anything your class could use. Which completely goes against what is quoted there. So IDK what blizzard is up to.
Edited by Brydie on 10/5/2012 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
My flatmate got healing pants tier from Sha of Anger, but he killed the boss as shadow (doesn't even have a healing spec, he's double shadow). GM told him it was random, so anything your class could use. Which completely goes against what is quoted there. So IDK what blizzard is up to.

I'm pretty sure this is just for sha due to the random nature of the bosses loot table in general.
Reply Quote
Did he get it from the Charm roll or the boss drop? The boss drop is random, but the Charm should not be.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Conneri
Did he get it from the Charm roll or the boss drop? The boss drop is random, but the Charm should not be.

This. Boss drops dont have the spec requirement (you can get anything regardign your class on it). Only the charm uses should have the spec requirement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
This. Boss drops dont have the spec requirement (you can get anything regardign your class on it). Only the charm uses should have the spec requirement.

We have a shadow priest in our guild whos charm got them healing priest hands.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

Tier Hands then? I'd assume so since otherwise there is no distinction. Though in this case I could see the system considering even healing tier gloves valid since the only non useful part is the tier bonus as spirit = hit. However, giving a dps or tank pally healing gloves would be far different since spirit has no use there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

my pants. in shadow spec yeeeeeeeeee
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I was wonder if anyone else is having problems with charms cause i havent been getting the chance to use mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Josephinah
I was wonder if anyone else is having problems with charms cause i havent been getting the chance to use mine.

You didn't do the quest then you have to turn 90 lesser charms into 3 elder charms. The quest is at the shrine of the two moons
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i have turn in the quest and have 3 elder charms
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/05/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Josephinah
i have turn in the quest and have 3 elder charms

Its only usable on raid bosses. Not in heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
But they are suppost to able to be used on sha and galleon and i havent been able to use them there either
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Josephinah
But they are suppost to able to be used on sha and galleon and i havent been able to use them there either

Were you in the group that claimed the mob?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
yes i was. we had the tag
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
I was able to use a charm on Sha yesterday.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Josephinah
yes i was. we had the tag

No you didn't then. My last 2 kills I've used them on, and it worked just fine. You don't just go killing Sha unless you know for sure it's your tag.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

10/05/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Tsilyi
my pants. in shadow spec yeeeeeeeeee

Now i'm more confused. Is the blue post now untrue in that "the item will always be something designed for your current spec." and it doesn't matter what spec you use the charm in/kill/pull the boss? Will it just give you a random roll with a chance at gear your class can use?

Though healing gear can be useful for shadow, healing tier gear isn't designed for shadow last I heard. To me that is similar to a resto druid getting boomkin tier on their charm roll just weird design.

My wonder is mainly about their use in raids, MSV and the like, not the world bosses if that somehow makes their behavior different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]