Am I the only one who moves on instantly?

90 Human Priest
My first time through Pandaria, I followed the storyline even if I outleveled the zone. When I level alts, though, I'll be moving on as soon as I level up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I complete every quest in a zone no matter my level. I find them interesting. Sometimes you also get rep for them. You never know what you might find.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My plan for MoP was to do every single quest before moving on, but then I ran out of quests in The Jade Forest, got frustrated, and went to Kun-Lai Summit. The Loremaster addon doesn't work for Pandaria, correct? Is there an addon that does?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I complete every quest on my main, even after I am at level cap, and I do the zones in order.

What is the point of moving on early? You miss the good end rewards and the end of the story. Every zone has a really cool ending to it, you miss a lot of it just leaving as soon as you ding. Makes no sense, the beginning quests to a zone are usually the boring ones anyway, so you are missing the climatic ending with good quest rewards to rush to the next zone and kill 10 bears?

and then what? you are then just going to have to grind more dailies to make up for the rep you missed.. the summit is a good example, lots of SP at the end.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The point of moving on is to hit level 90 and focus on end game content, like dungeons, and gearing in raids.... The whole point is to avoid having to "kill 10 bears"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
For this character, as soon as I can move on I do. Then I backtrack. With subsequent characters, it depends. My druid will move ASAP through zones until he gets to a zone that's full of skinable mobs, and then drag out every quest in that zone. My mage will full clear every zone (Enchanter/Tailor), and my DK will sorta be the middle ground of it all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I do the same, move on to the next zone as soon as I level. I keep my current quests though so I can find where I left off when I reach 90.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
You dunno what you're missing! Valley of the Four Winds... I thought I completed (the main story, I didn't do Nesingwary yet) it but then I went and completed the main quests in the area below it (can't remember the name right now) and then it sent me back to Valley of the Four Winds. It was the most epic thing ever. Thank goodness for all my training with the hidden master or else thing's wouldn't have gone so well.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
So far I've been just doing enough quests to get me the achievements for each zone. I think all I'm missing now are the Kun'lai Summit and Dreadwaste quest achievements. I've got like 70% to get to 90. Let's see if I can keep with it! >_>

It seems I took a wrong turn somewhere, because the zone I'm currently in is a level below me whereas just previously, everything was at or slightly above my level. Ah well. I've come this far...
Edited by Seilow on 10/3/2012 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I refuse to move onto the next zone until every single quest is complete, and if I found I missed one I will go back and finish it. I hit 90 with 3 untouched zones ... which is good because the gold reward is amazing. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.

Why in the world would you move on just because you dinged? You're not going to advance any faster in the next zone over. Seriously the amount of XP you get is going to be about the same. You're just disrupting the quest and story flow. Seems like an poorly thought out plan to me.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Hunter
I started trying to finish up in a zone before moving on in Northrend..but I still haven't finished all the areas there. I did do it with Cata. So far I'm doing it now..I'm still in the first area, but I only have one more thing to get for the achievement for the area.

I've been trying to go back and get the parts for Loremaster in the other areas, and I've been struggling to find quests in some areas - I'm stuck in Blade's Edge Mountains with only needing like 8 more. I don't want that to happen again, so I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in a zone until I get the achievements that build up to Loremaster.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I will do all of the new quests once on a dps or tank, not on my healy characters though, once I'm able to level out of the zone, I'm gone. I have found that while leveling there are all sorts of goodies to find along the way if you stop to open your eyes. I especially like the random grey items worth 100g
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.

I'm sure others do as well, but I tend to want to "finish" a zone before moving on. At least, that's the way of it the first time through. After that, I may be more flexible with how I go through.

I'm similar, at least when it comes to new content. I'm not in a huge hurry to hit level cap, and I like to actually read the quest text, explore the world, and enjoy the leveling process for what it has to offer.

Now, when leveling alts? That's a different story. I hop zones as soon as the quests turn green. Sometimes sooner, especially if the zone isn't a favorite. This is all assuming that I've seen those quest lines at some point in the past, of course.
Edited by Daxxarri on 10/3/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I quest in zones till they are done, I love questing and I'm a completionist, also if you ding in lower zones, you'll get more money from questing in the higher ones with the XP >> Gold conversion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I moved on immediately from the Jade Forest once I dinged 86 and found out that a lot of the quests in the Valley of the Four Winds weren't available for me until 87. I ran out of quests to do fast. That made me stay in the subsequent zones a lot longer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Depends.. Right now I do, I am trying to get this toon RAID ready, or at least Heroic ready by this weekend. But my other toons I will try to get every quest done for the money and achievements.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
I'm doing the same thing I did in Cata, as well as the same thing I did in Wrath. I do every quest I find, always on the lookout for more, and I only abandon if I fail or have an issue (picking up the quest again).
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Nethaera
I'm sure others do as well, but I tend to want to "finish" a zone before moving on.

I dinged 90 recently, I'm still working on finishing Kun-Lai Summit. After that, Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes, then Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Death Knight
10/03/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Cigaroa
The point of moving on is to hit level 90 and focus on end game content, like dungeons, and gearing in raids.... The whole point is to avoid having to "kill 10 bears"

But if you read the quests, then its more than just "kill 10 bears". If yer not the kind of person that enjoys reading quests and the like, then ya, you'll not want to stick around, but those who do read the quests, and enjoy the content, may find that the leveling is more fun than the "end game content".

Really, I can do a quest chain and get a story that'll last me hours to days, but a dungeon or raid gives me 10-15 min. of story, and the story doesn't bother to repeat afterward.I spend more time leveling alts than I do my main, because its more fun.

Its really just up to how you play, and what you enjoy.
Edited by Niksa on 10/3/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]