stampede

90 Tauren Death Knight
How excatly is being able to call 5 pets out at once not op? in a pvp setting? not asking to be trolled just curious about this ability.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What about army of the dead?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/03/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Dakziir
What about army of the dead?

10 minute cool down ..and i cant glyph it to heal me with spirit beasts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They only deal 25% of their normal damage, so pretty much for 20 sec. your only dealing with the damage from 2 pets. In pvp, I would be more concerned with the group buffs they're throwing up or the healing that they're doing.

It's pretty much like Army of the Dead by itself its not going to kill anyone. It's just annoying as hell.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
10/03/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Proflag
10 minute cool down

5 minute cooldown, each summoned pet only does 25% of its normal damage, and they can very easily be rooted/slowed/CCed by a host of AoE abilities. There are a few minor problems (the Spirit Beast thing seems unintended -- though in doing so, one does give up significant amounts of damage/utility from extra buffs/debuffs/utility spells), but overall there's quite a number of counters to it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Hmm if people are saying its like army...then shouldn't it be banned from arena use?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's part of our burst rotation. I will tell you this, if you see them on you better pop some defensive CD's or your most likely gonna have a bad day. After it's over though we're pretty much spent, and it doesn't reset with Readiness.

I don't think we'll be able to use this in arena. Anyone?chime in please.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
It's part of our burst rotation. I will tell you this, if you see them on you better pop some defensive CD's or your most likely gonna have a bad day. After it's over though we're pretty much spent, and it doesn't reset with Readiness.

I don't think we'll be able to use this in arena. Anyone?chime in please.

I can chime in ..It was used on me in arena's lol...Between bm hunter poping that and all his burst cds and a warrior doing the same...i couldnt put up enuff defensive cd's to do anything but fall over and go ouch.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
10/03/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Proflag
How excatly is being able to call 5 pets out at once not op? in a pvp setting? not asking to be trolled just curious about this ability.

how not calling out 20 undead minions at once that do more dps them stampede not op?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Dakziir
hat about army of the dead?

It's not usable in arenas, whereas Stampede is, and using it is pretty much saying "GG". A hunter blew this with an arms warrior on me and I was dead before I could try to hit a defensive CD. 5 spirit beasts, and a dire beasts attacking me, and I got hit for about 20k each hit, not to mention the hunter as well. In about 3 seconds, that one hunter with his pets had done about 250k damage, and going through the combat log, half the pet attacks where criticals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter

I was dead before I could try to hit a defensive CD.

You must not have tried very hard.

5 spirit beasts, and a dire beasts attacking me

Have your warrior Intimidating Shout near the pets, then walk away. By the time they get back to you, they'll be about to desummon.

I got hit for about 20k each hit

The summoned pets during stampede do 25% damage of our regular pet. So, what you're saying is, our regular pets hit for 80k each attack, meaning that in the time it takes our five pets to attack you once each, you've taken 160k damage? I'm sorry, you're just lying here. Every single person in the game would reroll a BM hunter.

not to mention the hunter as well.

You just mentioned him! Those 14k arcane shots are really hurtful.

In about 3 seconds, that one hunter with his pets had done about 250k damage,

Going back to the aforementioned math, this just doesn't add up. In fact, it seems to be less than what you're saying they should have done! Huh. How strange.

I'm going to end my post with a quote from our favourite #1shadowpriest
NRU is soooooo bad
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
10/03/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Underminded

They aren't replicas of the original hunter pets. They don't hit as hard, they don't use special abilities, and they can't be controlled. And it's on a 10 min cooldown. QQ much?
\

I just want to point out that the pets will use their special abilities with Stampede. Growl and all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]