Rogues As Of Now...

90 Human Paladin
I have played a fair bit of my rogue, mainly in BGs and a few dungeons - dont care for pve though. But I'm kind of neutral on what class is OP and what is stuggling. (*cough BM hunter*) lol.

Yes they have been completely gimped in a lot of ways, But it can be easily fixed and of course nerfed later in the exp as rogues scale with gear. (not hard).

I was thinking one of the disc talents (focused will i think its called) and how i think it could be half decent on a rogue. maybe include a passive 15%/20% damage reduction after taking damage, crit or percentage of health (10% or so) for 10 seconds or whatever.

Another good thing i think is needed, is Preparation being passive to all specs, but take a few things out of the CD (cloak and evasion for example). Shadow Step is needed!

Yes i know they have fade, but really... who is gonna keep that buff up at all times? really? They need to be doing damage not spending 50% of energy on a defensive, hence a dps class. (most other class has a passive damage reduction!).

A major issue i have noticed is Blizzard has buffed every other hybrid/dps class with a passive 15% damage reduction buff some 20% and also given or buffed their heals a little. Blizzard hasn't taken into consideration the rough nerf of a rogue's survivability. This is where they are gimped.

The nerf is just like making a mage choose between blink and cold snap, imagine a mage without blink... Same goes with hunters, no Disengage etc. Not fair right. Imagine a rogue without a shadow step. ^^

At the moment, rogues' Recuperate is kind of under the bar with every other class - it really doesn't make up for any of the damage taken. It's also a mission to keep buffed at the same time as doing solid dps, you have SnD, rupture, Sunder EVISCERATE/ENVENOM as well as CC to keep up on top of recup (which doesn't even heal much).

Including Slice and Dice and recup into one buff seems logical to me, maybe a glyph or something.

A DK can obliterate a player for around 90k (Don't get me started on BM hunters!), every few seconds with a KM proc, now a recup tick is nothing compared to that at all. A DK would see a rogue as a free kill, it should be the other way around or at least a fair fight.

The damage isn't TOO bad, from what i see and hear from other rogues - I don't see too many issues with it really. It's just not being able to survive or stay on a target, that's the issue!

This stuff has probably been said in 100's of thread but i dont come on the forums much, and wanted to say my piece!

Thanks for any feedback, much appreciated.

EDIT: Yay for warriors finally being non-gimped!

Chur
Edited by Wínz on 10/3/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Wínz
The damage isn't TOO bad, from what i see and hear from other rogues - I don't see too many issues with it really. It's just not being able to survive or stay on a target that's the issue!

Too much damage is passive atm, Meaning if we can't stay on target, our damage is !@#$.

Personally, in leveling bgs, I'm having no issues topping score boards on damage and KBs, I think it's more of a l2play issue rather then the class is broken. Too many bad rogues walking around on cata crutches.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Too much damage is passive atm, Meaning if we can't stay on target, our damage is !@#$.

Personally, in leveling bgs, I'm having no issues topping score boards on damage and KBs, I think it's more of a l2play issue rather then the class is broken. Too many bad rogues walking around on cata crutches.

I'm referring to things like paladins kiting rogues for days, I've done it myself and its quite funny! but it shouldn't happen. Cleanse with 3 holy power and they will not touch me. Shamans can do it pretty well too. A rogue should always have a target slowed or crippled IMO, thats what rogues do ;)
Edited by Wínz on 10/3/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/03/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Wínz
Including Slice and Dice and recup into one buff seems logical to me, maybe a glyph or something.

This is really smart.. it takes way to much work to put up both buffs to get our proper defensive and offensive buffs up. There is no way someone is going to take leeching poison over paralytic poison when cheat death is in my opinion needed for healers just in case. plus paralytic poison gives the root snare and leeching requires you to have 100 percent uptime on a enemy. Which we all know spell cleaves are going to be a thing. Just combingin slice and dice and recup does seem pretty fair and legit and prep baseline.. thats just hater sh...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
VIP
idk if rogues are just !@#$ or dks, mages, warlocks, warriors, mages, hunters, and druids are just op atm but we cant even touch their damage, and we're squishy as a bag of baby %^-*, please balance the classes somehow blizz, or youre gonna lose all your customers that play rogue at 90...seriously
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
every rogue on my server quit. i got thrashed today by a warrior in quest greens, it was humiliating.
Reply Quote
it would be nice if any blue would read this forums but they don't

thanks for effort tho

oh they read,but they already said they are happy with rogue now >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Retributions
oh they read,but they already said they are happy with rogue now >.>

Mechanics wise for boss fights and such.. yes i agree i think its well put together. PvP wise its poorly done
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I feel like a sunwell mage

LOL

I haven't heard that saying tossed around in a LONG time.

So what're we going to call it? Can't call it Sunwelled... maybe we got Mopped?

Though, I have no issues but I don't pvp and I don't feel we've been screwed nor will I cry over the changes like everyone else.
Edited by Zanumas on 10/4/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Man i wish i could get some Agility leather to drop in instances instead of everything being plate.. maybe then I could see if everything is balanced or not. It seems like if there 2 of 1 kind of armor wearing class then the drops cater specifically to them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Last time I saw a blue post in rogue forums was in WOTLK, and the thread had nothing to do with rogues at all.

I'm sure they read the post or at least I hope they do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ha! Blizz caring? They have 2 more xpacs 1 if they give us 10 lvls the next one then there selling wow entirely. They can ignore us another year and act like they just "didnt see it"
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Venomous wounds doesnt give back enough energy to sustain a constant pressure as we should. half the time i find my self snared in arenas. by the time i get out i have to refresh my bleeds same goes for playing sub slice and dice goes off by the time i can get back on target. ASSassin doesnt need the ability cut to the chase. sure it increases dps slightly....but sub uses SnD for energy regen and trying to keep it up is hard when your slowed half the fight. with the way gear scales at 90 rogues have little crit yet warriors can run in recklessness avatar and skull banner and drop my hp from 300k to 0 in a shockwave stun. ive lost arenas and the stats show i have out damaged everyone......but its out healed by a feral druid blood dk ret pally even enh shammies
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Ruskô
Man i wish i could get some Agility leather to drop in instances instead of everything being plate.. maybe then I could see if everything is balanced or not. It seems like if there 2 of 1 kind of armor wearing class then the drops cater specifically to them.

Yea... I've ran a TON of heroics and haven't gotten half the things I need. I see plate CONSTANTLY though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yea... I've ran a TON of heroics and haven't gotten half the things I need. I see plate CONSTANTLY though.

Its rediculious, im down to leaving half the instances I go in after the first boss because 1. Hes the only thing in there dropping Agil gear, and 2. Theres no point making myself look any worse dps wise then I already look.

Energy regen is a complete JOKE, Its feeling like the army all over again "Hurry up and Wait!"
Well Ill be waiting, trying, doing everything I can to adapt. But the more and more I try it just seems like blizz is trying to make me reroll a monk, because there rogues without stealth.
Edited by Ruskô on 10/4/2012 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]