Did heroics really need to be THIS easy?

90 Human Paladin
Want a Challenge out of your 5-mans?

Try....

CHALLENGE MODES.

There.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight

Try....

CHALLENGE MODES.

There.

Problem solved.

You can turn the buff off
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
For someone who hasn't even bothered to try challenge modes, you have an enormous amount to say about the lack of challenge in dungeons.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Superbro
For someone who hasn't even bothered to try challenge modes, you have an enormous amount to say about the lack of challenge in dungeons.

I tend to think the problem is it goes from wow, this is too easy heroics.

To 3 steps past cata dungeons challenge mode hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Sarosha

Well, he wanted a CHALLENGE, right?

Oh, wait, Challenge Modes are too hard?

Oh well. I guess he needs to get better, then. Or, maybe he needs to just stop whining. The latter more than the former I think.
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Sarosha

Do heroics in white gear.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Try....

CHALLENGE MODES.

There.

Problem solved.

You can turn the buff off

You understand why this analogy is insanely derpy, right? You got precisely zero love for doing DS unbuffed after the nerfs went out. Success is easily measurable in challenge modes. Stop saying words.
Edited by Dictainabox on 10/4/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Death Knight

You understand why this analogy is insanely derpy, right? You got precisely zero love for doing DS unbuffed after the nerfs went out. Success is easily measurable in challenge modes. Stop saying words.

It wasn't even worth responding to because it was such a ridiculously fail comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Oh well. I guess he needs to get better, then. Or, maybe he needs to just stop whining. The latter more than the former I think.

If you had read the OP, there are different types of challenge. While some people are happy with the time trial mode, others were looking for something else.

If challenge modes were what he was looking for...he wouldn't be posting.
Edited by Arianity on 10/4/2012 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was shocked exactly HOW easy the dungeons were (except when we tried achievements in our greens ^_^). Damage seems to have been rounded out a lot, meaning I could just sit there and Holy Light most of the time, only time I had to switch it up a bit was if the tank/dps/me accidentally stood in something or didn't move fast enough.

To illustrate exactly HOW easy it is? I went into that Scarlet dungeon - first time on heroic - forgot I was still in my tank gear and healed up to and downed the first boss IN MY TANK GEAR =((((
Reply Quote

If you had read the OP, there are different types of challenge. While some people are happy with the time trial mode, others were looking for something else.

If challenge modes were what he was looking for...he wouldn't be posting.

I think challenge modes are hard even for bronze.

he should try it if he is looking for something more.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

It's a fair point. But I still think it's ironic to write a 3 page manifesto on how the dungeons are too easy while just summarily dismissing the mode that is designed to be legitimately challenging.

Besides, I've actually seen quite a few wipes on the new replacement guy for Herod in the revamped Scarlet Monastery, one on Rattlegore, a completely failed group on the bug guy that throws bombs, a few wipes on the gi-frikkin-enormous beetle guy, as well as even a couple wipes on Shadow-pan Monastery trash, so I don't think the dungeons are totally trivial for all players at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Only wipes Ive seen were on Herod and a couple on General Parax.

as for challenge modes, meh.

I want dungeon crawls, not zerg runs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I absolutely can't wait to try challenge modes, but I detested the Cata heroics. How does that make sense you ask? For the very reasons blizzard gave.

The heroics are done more often than not in a completely random group. Asking random people to overcome challenges was too much. Heroics are now barely more than scenarios, just loot pinatas on the progression path.

Challenge modes however, are great, not in spite of being off the progession path, but BECAUSE they aren't part of progression. They are completely optional. Random queing can't be done. I can't wait to farm the dungeon a dozen or so times on heroic, then watch some videos, gather consumables and potions, get on vent and just try to finish the challenge mode. Then work on bronze, and so on, until I feel like I've reached my limit as a player in combat, not my ability to farm gear or use a spreadsheet.

I think the small group content being a challenge is so much more exciting for me than raids, even the 10 mans. I think I like hard content, I just only like it when it is optional, and in a group of 5 or less.

That's pretty reasonable. The problem earlier, it was kind of one or the other. But both is defniitely better.

honestly, did i want hard heroics when LFDing? Fuuuuuuck no. But i didn't want all easy all the time, either.

t's a fair point. But I still think it's ironic to write a 3 page manifesto on how the dungeons are too easy while just summarily dismissing the mode that is designed to be legitimately challenging.

I think his title was a bit misleading, if you read his posts. It's not necesarily difficulty he's looking for. Which is why challenge modes aren't satisfying for him.

It's the same reason people weren't hot on heroic modes in the first place, atleast the "higher damage, but nothing new" style.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I just find "speed running" to be a lot less engaging than legitimately challenging content.
Reply Quote
They probably have gotten as close to balance between ease and challenge as they can get with the 5 man setup.

And yes that I agree, when I want my 15 minute valor I dont want a challenge, I want a 15 minute group daily.

If I did want a challenge for whatever reason challenge mode is there, if I CHOSE to do it.

Now that they are starting to polish some of the rough edges off, the expansion is looking alot better.

The only thing I dont get is how these got to live when they were posted on the beta forums with the same complaints.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/4/2012 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They changed the meaning of heroics, they now only mean level 90 dungeons. I don't like it, but they didn't ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/04/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Postonforums
I just find "speed running" to be a lot less engaging than legitimately challenging content.

The fact that you somehow consider a speed run exempt from the definition of a legitimately challenging dungeon makes no sense. But hey, your world.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's really irrelevant, I'm basically done with heroics - progressed past them in 10 days or less. I only need 1 item, the trinket from Siege - which I queue for, kill the first boss and leave group on daily.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]