You can't even use Demonic Gateway on Elegon

90 Orc Warlock
This was one of the only fights I thought, "Well, Demonic Gateway might be useful at least on this one."

Nope. You can't put the gateway down anywhere in the entire room, even on a flat stretch of ground.

Just remove this spell from the game, please.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
"But, it totally has all sorts of raid utility, you're just not being imaginative."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Well I'd sure have to use my imagination to see this ability being used on Elegon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://www.projectafterforums.com/uploads/post-384-1309645335.png

Use it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Its for porting between the AH and bank in org.

Or AH and mailbox.

Make all the other org squatters jealous!

Ask for tips to let people ride your gateway-o-love!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You can group with a bunch of warlocks and chain your portals together for maximum fun!

Gateway seemed like it might have use in raids from looking at past raids. I would've loved it on Atramedes, or quick spreads on rag or even staghelm. In theory it might've been able to be used for melee to get to a blob faster in yor'sahj, assuming the slight incline wouldn't be a problem (it probably would). Doesn't seem like it'll have use in MV though as of yet. The one possible good thing it can do is drop aggro (I think). This is why it's bad to put it next to a tank trying to tank a boss, however if there's a fight where you're trying to burn the last few %'s off a boss after your tank dies, you can use it to kite a bit (I'm thinking Chimaeron kinda style), assuming you already had it down and didn't waste the cast time plus 15s to get a charge to run through.

Yeah it sucks, but maybe it'll have uses in the next raid, maybe it'll get fixed (1 instant charge and not needing exactly flat ground would be nice at the very least).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You can't even chain them with other warlocks because going through it puts a debuff on you =(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
WELL THERE GOES ALL OF MY FUN!

I forgot about that part. So maybe a chain with a 15 second intermission in between?

That's still fun right guys!?

Right?

Guys?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's for skipping trash pulls in challenge modes which is exactly what Rogues' new group stealth is for. You set it up as you start one pull so all the charges are up by the time you are done and you skip the next trash pack.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
i am pretty sure when you port through mobs you can still get hit and aggro, so its not even good for that. correct me if i am wrong, Wrensh.

also tried it in arena just not practical it was more of a nusance than a help, my warrior kept hitting it and getting port back for no reason, such a !@#$ talent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/04/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Wrensh
It's for skipping trash pulls in challenge modes which is exactly what Rogues' new group stealth is for. You set it up as you start one pull so all the charges are up by the time you are done and you skip the next trash pack.

That would be nice, except it uses heroic leap mechanics and it counts as you moving through them really fast.

So its a good way to travel, sure, but you will get the pack regardless.

Woo!

Furthermore then your whole group (including tank) will have the faded debuff, which makes things prefer other targets, so i dunno if your tank can even keep threat.

So its a good way to die, I guess?
Edited by Secrets on 10/4/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I put it on bosses in dungeons and watch people die. No seriously. Place your gateway right in front of the boss in a dungeon. Most people have no idea what the portal does yet and are like, "Yay!!! Gatewayyyy, so essitingggg!" Then they run through it over and over and it gets a charge and ports them right to the boss. I've ran like 10~ dungeons so far and have killed 4 - 5 people with it? :)

So, IT IS USEFUL DAMNIT.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Or just drop it on the tank, he goes through it and drops aggro, DPS dies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/04/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Loktronotron
Or just drop it on the tank, he goes through it and drops aggro, DPS dies.

Yeah, but if the tank has any sort of awareness whatsoever, he'll move out well before the gateway becomes active.

Or he might just end up moving because something else requires it, or he's one of those tanks that thinks dancing around the mobs makes him take less damage.
Edited by Vreivai on 10/4/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]