WTB Class Balance

90 Draenei Priest
QQ

I run Holy, come out of Cat at the top of the heal charts, and overnight, am struggling to pull half the numbers of ungemmed, unenchanted, shoddy geared Druids? -blink blink- What just happened there?

And not just Druids, but other healing classes too got a buff and a half, while Priesty me seems to have been nerfed into uselessnes... Can you give something back maybe? Please?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
enjoy our nerf...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Please indicate whether this is from a PvE or PvP perspective. My guess is PvP, given your glyphs and spec, but you should be as thorough as possible when giving feedback.
Edited by Elethia on 10/4/2012 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/04/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Elethia
Please indicate whether this is from a PvE or PvP perspective. My guess is PvP, given your glyphs and spec, but you should be as thorough as possible when giving feedback.

Holy/Holy I'm specced for both, actually. And yes, primarily MoP pvp, and in the final days of Cat raiding after the switch to the new system... so both.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Which is your PvE spec?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I never understood numbers on healing. Too many times I see the biggest numbers in a raid also account for the biggest amount of overhealing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Healing numbers are sticky, Stravix. You can't simply look at the strict HPS or overhealing. You need to delve deeper and look at the constitution of each: Are you using the correct spells of the situation? Are the spells contributing to overhealing manageable? Are you stopping hard casts if you know the result is heavy overheal because the top off has been snipped?

For instance, tonight on our Stone Guard kill, I had 36% overhealing. The top two overheals were Cascade, which prefers targets further away regardless of health and which was likely "sniped" by top offs before the final bounces landed, and EoL, which is entirely out of my control as a passive heal. I could lower my Cascade overhealing by keeping it for times when everyone has lost a decent bit of health, but that's a fairly minor concern for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Healing numbers are sticky, Stravix. You can't simply look at the strict HPS or overhealing. You need to delve deeper and look at the constitution of each: Are you using the correct spells of the situation? Are the spells contributing to overhealing manageable? Are you stopping hard casts if you know the result is heavy overheal because the top off has been snipped?

For instance, tonight on our Stone Guard kill, I had 36% overhealing. The top two overheals were Cascade, which prefers targets further away regardless of health and which was likely "sniped" by top offs before the final bounces landed, and EoL, which is entirely out of my control as a passive heal. I could lower my Cascade overhealing by keeping it for times when everyone has lost a decent bit of health, but that's a fairly minor concern for me.

I like you, seem like you really understand what is being discussed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]